Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
aussie-fox

90's City Trainers Catalogue

There's so much to unpack here:

• The man and woman in a romantic comedy style forehead-to-forehead embrace, as if the trainers have bought them together
  • The little poem that reads like it's been written by a middle-aged marketing man. Or Barrie Pierpoint himself
  • That the shoes would provide "a sense of purpose, security and intrinsic value"
  • Inflation calculator has these down at £125 in today's money

Genuinely feel anyone with a pair of these in good condition would be quids in now with a collector or something. Probably rarer than hen's teeth.

• Like 1

The images weren't showing up for me, either.

I think this may be a reference to saucy adverts featuring Fox Leisure trainers.

I was sorting out some old paperwork and found my programme from the play off semi final at the City ground, and there was a card insert with images which I thought I might post in here:

Screenshot_20200811-210518_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200811-210537_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

It was probably something that occurred before I really started getting into football but Lee Philpott (especially in 93/94 season) whenever he played always got booed. I couldnt work out as a young kid if that was us booing him or the opposition. Does anyone know why ?

Do you recall our own fans booing players and manager in the not-too-distant past? That should answer your question.

Guest Markyblue
55 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

It was probably something that occurred before I really started getting into football but Lee Philpott (especially in 93/94 season) whenever he played always got booed. I couldnt work out as a young kid if that was us booing him or the opposition. Does anyone know why ?

It was probably the family and friends of the girl whos handbag he forgot wasn't his in the Palais,  or alternatively because he was shit.