Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Chilwell’s Replacement

Chilwell’s Replacement   

299 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you prefer as Chilwell’s replacement?

24 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Perhaps we’re just really confident in Thomas’ development and JJ’s versatility?

It's a thought, and a gamble. But so is spending £30m+ on some of those mentioned as possible signings, especially the older ones we'd struggle to shift if they failed. 

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Perhaps we’re just really confident in Thomas’ development and JJ’s versatility?

There is that...

I think JJ has shown he's ready and he'll get better and better from hereonin.

But he's not played LB for us on any occasion as he?

6 minutes ago, weller54 said:

There is that...

I think JJ has shown he's ready and he'll get better and better from hereonin.

But he's not played LB for us on any occasion as he?

I think he has. Can't remember which game(s). Might have been one of his first apps as a sub.

I think he played mostly at LB for Luton.

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think he has. Can't remember which game(s). Might have been one of his first apps as a sub.

I think he played mostly at LB for Luton.

He looked very good there against an admittedly crap Villa in the last game before lockdown

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chapero82 said:

No wonder he turned to crap around this time if this is true 

Honestly deep down i think we all knew this was the case, clearly wasnt in it since the international break. Very disappointing from him, hope for our sake our players stop being called up for england, there seems to be a trend of them getting their heads turned once theyre in the squad.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

Any of those listed except Jamal Lewis.

’Course I’ve never seen any of them play, except Lewis 😉

3 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I like this post a lot - everyone should post honestly in this way :thumbup:

Although semi understandable reasoning if you have seen Lewis play and don't him.

This is footballers we’re talking about, even a half decent lad like Chilwell fail to see how disrespectful and unprofessional it is discussing a move away from your current club, but like most footballers they live in a bubble fat from the real world.

It’s come down to the big clubs handing out massive contracts to players who lets be honest is only above average currently. Like I’ve said before I like the lad but I hope these big clubs fall on their swords and as many big signings flop for them as poss.

6 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

This is footballers we’re talking about, even a half decent lad like Chilwell fail to see how disrespectful and unprofessional it is discussing a move away from your current club, but like most footballers they live in a bubble fat from the real world.

It’s come down to the big clubs handing out massive contracts to players who lets be honest is only above average currently. Like I’ve said before I like the lad but I hope these big clubs fall on their swords and as many big signings flop for them as poss.

So if you found out about a job opportunity at a company some mates work for, you wouldn't discuss it with them?

Seems a pretty real world thing to do to me.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

So if you found out about a job opportunity at a company some mates work for, you wouldn't discuss it with them?

Seems a pretty real world thing to do to me.

You can’t compare at all and the conversations the players have could be seen as tappin up. At least don’t be stupid enough to speak about it in some interview.

Like I’ve said, the players would have said ‘look how much I earn and I’m shit’ and I know there’s not much the FA can do so the more these big clubs fail when handing out the massive contracts the better.