Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

Calling City Fans on Twitter

21 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

You know I would pay a membership to something like LCFC TV to watch games not on mainstream media. Surely that is the way for the clubs to charge the season ticket holders/members for the period where fans are not allowed. 

Watch this the possibilities are endless..

Now more than ever non league clubs are relying on football. There's no way this will be brought in and rightfully so. A lot of people aren't aware of the negative impact it would have on grass roots football.

Although, I wouldn't be against a system where season ticket holders can have a unique link to watch the game. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Now more than ever non league clubs are relying on football. There's no way this will be brought in and rightfully so. A lot of people aren't aware of the negative impact it would have on grass roots football.

Although, I wouldn't be against a system where season ticket holders can have a unique link to watch the game. 

This

15 minutes ago, filbertway said:

There’s plenty of people who have no interest in non league football & non league clubs. If people want to go & watch non league football surely they’d do that regardless of whether a 3pm kick off is being shown live. 

And why should only season ticket holders get access to watch a live game? 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I wasn't aware non-league fans were allowed back in. If that's the case, I'm all for the Saturday 3pm blackout.

22 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I like Steve Bruce's idea of just having the 10 premier league games at different dates/ times and none at 3pm until fans are allowed back.

Means fans of premier league teams can watch their teams on tv and visit a non league club to provide much needed revenue. Win win.

This seems like a reasonable solution under the circumstances.

35 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

There’s plenty of people who have no interest in non league football & non league clubs. If people want to go & watch non league football surely they’d do that regardless of whether a 3pm kick off is being shown live. 

And why should only season ticket holders get access to watch a live game? 

From experience I know that if Leicester dont have a game or are on TV on a Saturday, crowds down coalville will be higher. Even if it's only 10-20 people. That's potentially another 3-600 quid to help with running costs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ALC Fox said:

I wasn't aware non-league fans were allowed back in. If that's the case, I'm all for the Saturday 3pm blackout.

This seems like a reasonable solution under the circumstances.

Yeah they started letting in fans from clubs below the conf north/south last week. It's now 30% of capacity allowed. Hopefully be increased in a few months if all is going well.

Steve Bruce's idea makes sense as well

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nalis said:

I like Steve Bruce's idea of just having the 10 premier league games at different dates/ times and none at 3pm until fans are allowed back.

Means fans of premier league teams can watch their teams on tv and visit a non league club to provide much needed revenue. Win win.

This drives up the audience as well. Why wouldnt they do it? I loved having a different game everyday when the season started back up.

6 hours ago, filbertway said:

Non-league clubs not being able to muster 30% capacity without the help of locals who can’t watch their own team is a poor show.

How’re they surviving during normality? 

Surely non-league players aren’t relying on their £50 a game to survive? If they aren’t already, couldn’t they play for free to get the club that extra £600+ that an extra 20 fans would bring in. 

I understand the sentiment of what you’re saying, but personally I can’t wait to watch Leicester again. 

At worst, to keep everyone happy, they could: 

- Use Steve Bruce’s idea. 
- Sky/BT charge a fee to non STH, and donate a portion to non league clubs as a token gesture (Broadcasters would still make a huge profit). 
- Sell rights to the clubs and they could be forced by PL to donate a % of the profit to non league clubs within a certain radius.

None of the above are ideal but supporters being deprived of the opportunity of watching their team is unfair. 

Edited by Leeds Fox
  • Like 1

It’s not just about getting back into Stadiums though. Not everyone wants to go back. My father who is in pushing 70 isn’t keen on mingling with other people due to the pandemic. 

He told me the other night that he’d happily pay his season ticket price for a streaming service. 

Surely a large proportion would do this? You’d also entice more people I’d say! 

I know they want people in the grounds long term, I understand that. Maybe the mode needs to change though. Cheap ground seats like Germany, with expensive streaming rights. 

17 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

Non-league clubs not being able to muster 30% capacity without the help of locals who can’t watch their own team is a poor show.

How’re they surviving during normality? 

Surely non-league players aren’t relying on their £50 a game to survive? If they aren’t already, couldn’t they play for free to get the club that extra £600+ that an extra 20 fans would bring in. 

I understand the sentiment of what you’re saying, but personally I can’t wait to watch Leicester again. 

At worst, to keep everyone happy, they could: 

- Use Steve Bruce’s idea. 
- Sky/BT charge a fee to non STH, and donate a portion to non league clubs as a token gesture (Broadcasters would still make a huge profit). 
- Sell rights to the clubs and they could be forced by PL to donate a % of the profit to non league clubs within a certain radius.

None of the above are ideal but supporters being deprived of the opportunity of watching their team is unfair. 

So your average ground will hold 1800-2000 people at whatever level.

Most clubs around step 7-9 won't get anywhere near 600. Coalville's average last year was about 250. The crowd and bar are always noticeably larger/busier when Leicester haven't got a game on though. 

Now bear in mind you get players on part time contracts at this level. Clubs would have to honour these without the money coming in. Some players will have been fair and agreed to either write it off or wait till the club had a cash flow again.

You'd be shocked at some of the money floating around in non league. Especially at clubs with a big following, South Shields, Bromsgrove, Nuneaton get massive attendances for this level. 

I think a fair compromise might be pubs/bars not being allowed to show 3pm games. If people want to watch it at home then they're going to do it anyway.

I think it's when lads are down the pub with the intention of going to a non league game, then will get a taste for the beer and decide to just stay in the pub and watch the 3pm. Whereas the routine would be. Watch the early kick off, go to the ground, then watch the 5:30 in club house or at a pub.

20 minutes ago, filbertway said:

So your average ground will hold 1800-2000 people at whatever level.

Most clubs around step 7-9 won't get anywhere near 600. Coalville's average last year was about 250. The crowd and bar are always noticeably larger/busier when Leicester haven't got a game on though. 

Now bear in mind you get players on part time contracts at this level. Clubs would have to honour these without the money coming in. Some players will have been fair and agreed to either write it off or wait till the club had a cash flow again.

You'd be shocked at some of the money floating around in non league. Especially at clubs with a big following, South Shields, Bromsgrove, Nuneaton get massive attendances for this level. 

I think a fair compromise might be pubs/bars not being allowed to show 3pm games. If people want to watch it at home then they're going to do it anyway.

I think it's when lads are down the pub with the intention of going to a non league game, then will get a taste for the beer and decide to just stay in the pub and watch the 3pm. Whereas the routine would be. Watch the early kick off, go to the ground, then watch the 5:30 in club house or at a pub.

I do understand what you’re saying and I also sympathise with the Non-League clubs... but it seems completely wrong that fans have absolutely no opportunity (legally) to watch their teams play. 

Surely there should be a choice for fans, to decide what game they want to watch.

53 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

I do understand what you’re saying and I also sympathise with the Non-League clubs... but it seems completely wrong that fans have absolutely no opportunity (legally) to watch their teams play. 

Surely there should be a choice for fans, to decide what game they want to watch.

Yeah these are extenuating circumstances, would be nice if they could find a middle ground for the time being. There are plenty of decent suggestions in this thread.