Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danny280995

Cengiz Ünder

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

My understanding of obligation vs option is that it extends to the player as well. 

As in, where its "obligation" the loan is essentially a farce because ultimately the player and both clubs have actually all agreed terms for the permanent move but the permanency of the transfer is just postponed for almost entirely financial reasons. 

It's why these deals only really ever became a thing recently since FFP, PSG seemed to pretty much populise it as a method of getting round their desire to spend beyond their short term allowance. In our case, it's more about what we can actually afford rather than the laws of the game I imagine. 

Where as an option is just a pre-agreed fee if a transfer were to go ahead, it means essentially they can't legally charge us more than that option if - for example - he has an amazing year and his value shoots through the roof. It also means the player is free to say bollocks to us if we try to trigger the clause because he's not committed to any move beyond the loan. 

I am absolutely, obviously, not a football agent or lawyer so these are only what my assumptions always were about the distinction.

If the player wasn't obligated it makes it virtually worthless so all three parties will have agreed terms a year before.

Cengiz #Under arrived at Villa Stuart to carry out medical examinations with the #Leicester , then he will fly to England to sign the contract. Alla #ASRoma 3 million for the loan and another 25 after the redemption obligation

No idea how reliable this is (low number of followers), but...

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Hold on, serious point for a second:

If we signed him on loan for the season and the we’re drawn to play against Roma in the Europa League, could they refuse him permission to play? 

Probably depends if theres a clause in the contract for that, Coutinho played against Barca in the Champions League 

27 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Hold on, serious point for a second:

If we signed him on loan for the season and the we’re drawn to play against Roma in the Europa League, could they refuse him permission to play? 

If it’s agreed by both clubs in the loan agreement he could be blocked from playing. My suspicion with it being a loan with an obligation to buy, he will be considered by both sides to be our player so I doubt he would be blocked but it’s certainly possible but would have to be agreed before hand. Roma couldn’t suddenly decide the day before a semi final for example.

4 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

If it’s agreed by both clubs in the loan agreement he could be blocked from playing. My suspicion with it being a loan with an obligation to buy, he will be considered by both sides to be our player so I doubt he would be blocked but it’s certainly possible but would have to be agreed before hand. Roma couldn’t suddenly decide the day before a semi final for example.

I would expect him to be blocked form paling against roma - why would they let him.  Why is this not a buy rather than a loan with an obligation?

Just now, foxinsocks said:

I would expect him to be blocked form paling against roma - why would they let him.  Why is this not a buy rather than a loan with an obligation?

Because we want both a right sided attacker (Under) and a CB (Fofana), we cannot buy both outright this year, so the deal for Cengiz make sense

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Why would he do a medical in Italy then fly here when there's currently no restrictions between Italy and England?

Seemed strange too me but suppose there could be all sorts of reasons (Maybe he is meeting the Pope tomorrow and couldn't get to both Leicester and the Vatican in time) :dunno: