Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

No Player Exits.

We seem to have a lot of players who's contracts are up either this year or next. Why isn't there any noise on the club selling these and profiting from them while we still have time? 

Its the lack of noise that concerns me. We need sales to balance the books and for new player contracts and salaries.

Edited by UHDrive
Typo

1 minute ago, TiffToff88 said:

Whats the obsession with having to sign/sell players the second the window opens?

Aren't there still almost 3 weeks left?

Not an obsession but therd are no topics and by now there should be at least a rough idea as to who is likely to go etc.

6 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

Whats the obsession with having to sign/sell players the second the window opens?

Aren't there still almost 3 weeks left?

Hardly the "Second the window opens" now is it? The window has been open for over 7 weeks.... We are about two thirds into it and although we still have 3 weeks left, you may have noticed the league has already started....

1 minute ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Hardly the "Second the window opens" now is it? The window has been open for over 7 weeks.... We are about two thirds into it and although we still have 3 weeks left, you may have noticed the league has already started....

I think that the fact the league has started is more of a concern to the "we haven't signed anyone yet" side of the transfer debate rather than the "we haven't sold anyone" side. 

But if nobody wants to sign any of our players there's not a lot we can do about it. We may have to accept that the likes of Slimani and Ghezzal could just run down their contracts

Just now, TiffToff88 said:

I think that the fact the league has started is more of a concern to the "we haven't signed anyone yet" side of the transfer debate rather than the "we haven't sold anyone" side. 

But if nobody wants to sign any of our players there's not a lot we can do about it. We may have to accept that the likes of Slimani and Ghezzal could just run down their contracts

We dont know our financial state though, the two could be connected but you're right, if we cant shift them, we cant shift them. I'm more concerned about incoming or the lack of.

• Like 1

I’m presuming that the likes of Slimani, Silva and Ghezzal are being paid too much money to attract teams with smaller revenue. They are also largely failed PL players so that would put off many who might be able to afford to pay them. Also, why take the risk when their value will only decrease as their contracts run down.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see movement at the end of the window. Clubs will be a bit more desperate by then and Leicester will probably be pragmatic at facilitating loan deals with a salary contribution. 

• Like 1

1. Other clubs have to want our players first. With the wages that some of them are on, that's not necessarily likely

2. Those same players have to be open to a move themselves. In a number of cases they're probably happy to sit still for a year collecting a paycheck, then moving as a free agent with a nice signing on bonus

3. The players we want rid of aren't likely to be getting high-profile moves (i.e. to another PL club, or European powerhouse). 'Leicester squad player on verge of move to mid-table Turkish side' isn't a rumour thats going to sell papers, so we're not going to see as much of that in the media. Conversely any and all incomings are going to be more sell-able stories, so we hear a lot more of those.

4. The vast majority of rumours are complete codswallop anyway. Most of the actual deals will be happening under the radar for the most part (bearing in mind a lot of these that dont pan out will never see the light of day as far as the public is concerned). 

5. Loan deals (which our outgoings are likely to be) typically occur later in the window just before the deadline. There's still 3 weeks left.

We're not going to profit on any of the players that we want to get rid of. Best we can hope for is damage limitation in the form of loans with salary contributions, or cut-down prices for a sale.

• Like 2

It's a symptom of COVID. Clubs across the continent are being wise with their money. 

We will be trying to shift the four of Slimani, Silva, Ghezzal and Diabate without a doubt but there will be some players on the cusp of squads like Dewsbury-Hall who we will want to maintain with the squad required this term. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Noises = Clickbate 90% of the time.

How do you know they aren't trying to shift players out?

Why should they do their business in public so that everyone else interested gets the inside info on fees etc.

Its no different if you reverse it when everyone on FT is scratching their nails on a chalkboard looking for info on potential incomings as opposed to outgoings.

2 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

I’m presuming that the likes of Slimani, Silva and Ghezzal are being paid too much money to attract teams with smaller revenue. They are also largely failed PL players so that would put off many who might be able to afford to pay them. Also, why take the risk when their value will only decrease as their contracts run down.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see movement at the end of the window. Clubs will be a bit more desperate by then and Leicester will probably be pragmatic at facilitating loan deals with a salary contribution

It’s got to be this.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UHDrive said:

We seem to have a lot of players who's contracts are up either this year or next. Why isn't there any noise on the club selling these and profiting from them while we still have time? 

Its the lack of noise that concerns me. We need sales to balance the books and for new player contracts and salaries.

Silva - Fiorentina, Galatasaray, Sporting

Slimani - OM, Rennes, Sporting

Ghezzal - Fiorentina

Diabate - Aylestone Town

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, UHDrive said:

Its no different if you reverse it when everyone on FT is scratching their nails on a chalkboard looking for info on potential incomings as opposed to outgoings.

Probably but potential incomings are more exciting, provide lots of ammunition to discus positions, formations and tactics. Outgoings, apart from cash savings are of no interest to anyone as @Xen said so are Bleurgh! 

3 hours ago, Xen said:

3. The players we want rid of aren't likely to be getting high-profile moves (i.e. to another PL club, or European powerhouse). 'Leicester squad player on verge of move to mid-table Turkish side' isn't a rumour thats going to sell papers, so we're not going to see as much of that in the media. Conversely any and all incomings are going to be more sell-able stories, so we hear a lot more of those.

• Like 1