Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Pre-Match: Leeds United (Away) - 2nd November 2020

25 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Lol.

I can tell you matey, 7 or 8 of our first xi would make any team in the land. The other 3, apart from Perez, would make all but the top 6. So a combined xi would be LCFC and that's it.

Doesn't mean you won't best us. We have our entire defence out and we have a big time soft underbelly, even at the best if times.

We have numerous first team players out too mate so I'm sure if you're right you'll absolutely wallop us.

Incidentally, how much of Koch, Rodrigo, Raphinia and Llorente have you seen to be able to make the assessment you have? 

• Haha 2

Don’t think we should underestimate Leeds at all, they are a good football side full of confidence and should be respected as such.

Considering our injuries and the results we’ve had against footballing sides, I think the low block would be a good move for this one, irrespective of what other fans/media make of it. Especially if it gets the job done. 

it would be interesting to see what Leeds do against teams that sit back and we will have plenty of time to show how good our team really is once (one day/month/year?!!) we have everyone fit!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Don’t think we should underestimate Leeds at all, they are a good football side full of confidence and should be respected as such.

Considering our injuries and the results we’ve had against footballing sides, I think the low block would be a good move for this one, irrespective of what other fans/media make of it. Especially if it gets the job done. 

it would be interesting to see what Leeds do against teams that sit back and we will have plenty of time to show how good our team really is once (one day/month/year?!!) we have everyone fit!

Agree with this. I'm concerned we will be totally swamped by them in midfield. We don't have players who respond well to those sides with high energy in your face approaches. Ndidi will be a huge miss for this game.

Edited by reynard

18 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

:D  You will know all about 3 of them by the end of Monday!

On a wider note, I like the way the PL makes teams have to prove themselves. There's absolutely zero respect for championship teams. I recall both wolves and sheff utd giving it the big I am over the last two seasons and we beat both in second gear. 

We were prob the best team ever to come out of the championship and for 7 of 9 months PL teams shat all over us. 

Fair play if you do us Monday. You'll have earned it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Never heard of them 😉

A few years back during at bit of pre game banter with a couple of ManU fans at work I suggested that

Jamie Vardy would have field day against their defence, their reply was “Jamie Vardy, who the fck  is Jamie Vardy”.

They knew all about him on Monday morning. lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

On a wider note, I like the way the PL makes teams have to prove themselves. There's absolutely zero respect for championship teams. I recall both wolves and sheff utd giving it the big I am over the last two seasons and we beat both in second gear. 

We were prob the best team ever to come out of the championship and for 7 of 9 months PL teams shat all over us. 

Fair play if you do us Monday. You'll have earned it.

I'll be honest, I expected things to be more difficult for us than they have been.  No team has had more possession in a game than us yet, including Liverpool and City.  Only one team - Liverpool - have had more attempts in a game.  We have lost twice but been pretty unlucky in both losses.  

There may be much tougher times to come at some point but how well we have adapted has surprised me.  I didn't expect us to arrive and dominate matches in this way.  We may lose on Monday but you'll have been given a game, there will be no easy, comfortable win in the offing for you.

2 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

I'll be honest, I expected things to be more difficult for us than they have been.  No team has had more possession in a game than us yet, including Liverpool and City.  Only one team - Liverpool - have had more attempts in a game.  We have lost twice but been pretty unlucky in both losses.  

There may be much tougher times to come at some point but how well we have adapted has surprised me.  I didn't expect us to arrive and dominate matches in this way.  We may lose on Monday but you'll have been given a game, there will be no easy, comfortable win in the offing for you.

I know what you mean. We started well v Everton Stoke and Man Utd and thought we had it sussed. 

Then we played the streetwise teams (at the time) Palace, Newcastle, Southampton lost all three and all of a sudden the other teams have rumbled you and confidence crumbles. 

You played man city and Liverpool at good times and a feeble Fulham. I'm not dissing it. But West Ham and Palace and Southampton and Everton and Spurs and Burnley are all absolute cbnts to play against. That'll make or break your season

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

My god could the Leeds fans get any more arrogant? Yes they’ve had a good start. A very good start actually. But it is just a start. Come back when you’ve been in the Premier League for 7 seasons having won the bloody thing, and qualified for Europe twice and been in the Quarter final of the Champions League. 

I hate when big clubs with rich histories think they automatically deserve success. No, no, no lads. Success is something you earn. 

Please Brendan, DON’T let dirty Leeds beat us. We’re better than them when we’re full strength. But we’re a long way off full strength.... 

Their arrogance has nothing to do with their start. They were arrogant before a ball was kicked. I've saw some Leeds fans claim they will make top 7. 

8 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

My god could the Leeds fans get any more arrogant? Yes they’ve had a good start. A very good start actually. But it is just a start. Come back when you’ve been in the Premier League for 7 seasons having won the bloody thing, and qualified for Europe twice and been in the Quarter final of the Champions League. 

I hate when big clubs with rich histories think they automatically deserve success. No, no, no lads. Success is something you earn. 

Please Brendan, DON’T let dirty Leeds beat us. We’re better than them when we’re full strength. But we’re a long way off full strength.... 

Who's being arrogant?  I expect Leicester to win.  You should win.  All I said is you will  know you've been in a game, nowt more.

We have key players out too and you have a deeper squad from 7 years of putting it together.  It's a fair contest.

1 minute ago, Pub breath said:

Who's being arrogant?  I expect Leicester to win.  You should win.  All I said is you will  know you've been in a game, nowt more.

We have key players out too and you have a deeper squad from 7 years of putting it together.  It's a fair contest.

Which regular starters will Leeds have unavailable on Monday?

6 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Which regular starters will Leeds have unavailable on Monday?

Forshaw was starting every game until his injury last season and is still out.  Phillips is out.  Cooper may be fit but we thought that last game and he never started and Llorente has been injured almost all season.  He will certainly be a likely stater eventually but not been here and fit long enough yet.  Berardi is fringe but out.

You may have more than that but with 7 years to build your depth, I reckon that evens it up pretty well.  It's a squad game.

Edited by Pub breath

2 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

Forshaw was starting every game until his injury last season and is still out.  Phillips is out.  Cooper may be fit but we thought that last game and he never started and Llorente has been injured almost all season.  He will certainly be a likely stater eventually but not been here and fit long enough yet.  Berardi is fringe but out.

You may have more than that bit with 7 years to build you depth, I reckon that evens it up pretty well.  It's a squad game.

So only Phillip's missing from this seasons starting line up? Pretty much full strength then. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

So only Phillip's missing from this seasons starting line up? Pretty much full strength then. 

You said regular starters and have now moved it to this season to better help the angle. 

There are going to be between 2 and 4 players who would be playing in this game if they could who won't be.  We will find out for sure on Monday.

We had an absolutely horrific injury list last season but still won the league.  Injuries and suspensions are part of the game and we have arguably our best/most vital player out.  It's a fair fight but it does sort of feel like excuses are being made early here.  

Edited by Pub breath

3 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

You said regular starters and have now moved it to this season to better help the angle. 

There are going to be between 2 and 4 players who would be playing in this game if they could who won't be.  We will find out for sure on Monday.

We had an absolutely horrific injury list last season but still won the league.  Injuries and suspensions are part of the game and we have arguably our best/most vital player out.  It's a fair fight but it does sort of feel like excuses are being made early here.  

I'm not sure why you thought I'd be interested about missing players from last seasons Championship team. I'm just trying to establish exactly who is missing from the team that gave Man City and Fenway RS a good game. Seems that only one so no comparison with your opponents missing their entire back 4 and arguably the best defensive midfielder in the Premier League. Not an excuse, it's a fact. 

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

I'm not sure why you thought I'd be interested about missing players from last seasons Championship team. I'm just trying to establish exactly who is missing from the team that gave Man City and Fenway RS a good game. Seems that only one so no comparison with your opponents missing their entire back 4 and arguably the best defensive midfielder in the Premier League. Not an excuse, it's a fact. 

I wasn't aware the game worked that way.  So even though those players were missing in those games too and may/probably would have seen us play better, we can't include them?  I don't think I understand this at all tbh.

They are either our players and would improve us or they aren't.  Surely?  

Incidentally, Forshaw would be our next choice to move to DM if Phillips gets injured.  Having both out is 100% the double blow.  I can't see how it makes any difference whatsoever that he got injured last season.  We would be much better with him and he isn't there.

43 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

Of course we’re getting our excuses in early. What’s your playing surface like? Who’s the ref and var officials?

1 minute ago, Spiritwalker said:

Of course we’re getting our excuses in early. What’s your playing surface like? Who’s the ref and var officials?

I've almost forgot it was at Elland Road such is the weirdness of the whole situation.  Would be a great atmosphere under the lights too :(

• Like 1