Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Pre-Match: Leeds United (Away) - 2nd November 2020

11 hours ago, Nigel 1970 said:

you're having a laugh aren't you

you finished just outside CL top 4 last season

we're new to the league , at the start of the season , i wouldn't class your team as in our mini league that we have to top to guarantee safety

imo 40pts is our 1st and still main priority , if/when we reach 40pts, then see what can be achieved

until then , my eyes are getting to 40pts, so favoritism status is all yours bud

Yeah but, 40 points, dilly sing, dilly dong. 😱

11 hours ago, Nigel 1970 said:

you're having a laugh aren't you

you finished just outside CL top 4 last season

we're new to the league , at the start of the season , i wouldn't class your team as in our mini league that we have to top to guarantee safety

imo 40pts is our 1st and still main priority , if/when we reach 40pts, then see what can be achieved

until then , my eyes are getting to 40pts, so favoritism status is all yours bud

Dunno if it’s just me,but having supported Leicester for so long I still look at 40pts.Never boring or predictable supporting us.

With their pressure and industry and our ability to break and get in behind, I feel like this is the battle of the Kryptonites

So who bloody knows  :dunno:

COME ON  :scarf:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nigel 1970 said:

well don't make much sense to me

sure we've played well so far against the so called big teams, man city, liverpool and wolves, but ultimately just 1pt to show for it

you're a top 8 side at start of this season , we wasn't , nor are we yet

we give you boys tomorrow night a beating and do overwhelm you, and cruise to a fairly comfortable win

then i might start thinking maybe something higher than 40pts could be achievable this season

btw

i'm not worried about any burnout at the backend of the season either

before lockdown we had played 37 league matches , more than a premier league season

in our last 5 games our form guide was WWWWW , won the last 5 games before lockdown

longer intervals between games in the prem too

its whether we're good enough to stay up or too many injuries 

tomorrow night is a decent yardstick

Wow, a grounded and realistic Leeds fan. You better watch out buddy, someone is gonna be after you with a big net and try to display you in a museum. 

I do think you have a good chance tonight and I'm not looking forward to it. 

Yes, we are an upper league team but take 4 of any teams best players, especially from a defensive perspective and they will struggle. Add to that, we are playing a side who have been decent going forward this season. 

• Haha 2

On 30/10/2020 at 19:39, Pub breath said:

Who's being arrogant?  I expect Leicester to win.  You should win.  All I said is you will  know you've been in a game, nowt more.

We have key players out too and you have a deeper squad from 7 years of putting it together.  It's a fair contest.

Ignore...

some of our fan base are just looking for a reaction. You’ve said nothing that I’d deem “arrogant” so far

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, StanSP said:

(if Spurs don't win later)

Win or draw, we go 2nd.

Leeds win, they go 2nd.

Plenty at stake with how the results have gone so far this weekend.

Would be good to get as big a gap over the bigger sides below us in the table as at some point they will start to get some momentum and kick on, as weird as this season has been so far.

Leeds go 3rd if we win & I say that with a big IF

Hopefully it will be a cracking game between two very good teams 

13 hours ago, 09bballer said:

Gutted there'll be no fans at this one. I've never been to Elland Road and would loved to have gone for a night game.

I'm missing watching Leeds home & away like mad after enduring 15 years of rubbish, unfortunately it's a sacrifice we all need to make

9 hours ago, urban fox said:

Spot on. Even if by some miracle we find a pot of gold, buy more players what do we do with them when our injuries clear up. People go on about our “small” squad, but it is the same size as everyone else’s as dictated by PL rules (except for under 21s). If we buy we have to move others out.

I believe this idea of wanting to top up the squad, is exasperated by the fact, we are not seeing much movement Academy

from the Development/Academy squad,player Lesabela having decent showings,

but Not forcing themselves into the First Team reckoning....or am I well Off track..??

• Like 1

Good morning to everybody at LeedsTalk (formerly known as FoxesTalk)

From the BBC website.

Most shocking statistic - We have never won an away PL game on a Monday in twelve attempts!   Here's to lucky number thirteen. :fc:

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• This is the first Premier League fixture between Leeds and Leicester since the 2003-04 season, in which both sides were relegated.
  • Leicester have lost just two of the past 13 league meetings, winning five and drawing six.

Leeds United

• Leeds have won 15 of their past 20 league matches, drawing two and losing three.
  • Only Brighton and Tottenham had conceded more league goals from set-pieces than Leeds' five prior to the latest round of matches.
  • Since Marcelo Bielsa took charge in August 2018, only Liverpool and Manchester City have won more league matches in England's top four divisions than Leeds' 57.
  • They have only kept one clean sheet in 20 Premier League home matches.
  • Patrick Bamford has scored six goals in Leeds' first six league matches this season - a feat only Eric Cantona in 1992-93 had previously managed for the club in the Premier League.

Leicester City

• Leicester are looking to win five of their opening seven top-flight games in a season for the first time in their history.
  • They could equal the club top-flight record of four consecutive away victories.
  • However, the Foxes have never won a Premier League away match on a Monday, drawing three and losing nine.
  • Eleven of Leicester's 13 Premier League goals this season have come in the second half.
  • Jamie Vardy's last eight Premier League goals have all come away from home, including all six this season.
  • Vardy has scored 12 goals in his past 15 Premier League appearances against newly-promoted teams.

I think with the injuries, we have to play 3 at the back. Justin and Thomas in the wing back roles. Fuchs, Big and little Wes in the centre. I think we’ll see us switching between 4 and 5 through out the game. Thomas given more licence to attack then Justin because of his quality of delivery. 

We hopefully win this game in midfield. Maddison, Tielemans and Mendy is better then their midfield and that doesn’t include Praet. 

If they give us space in behind, I’ve got no problem with us approaching this as Wolves did a few weeks ago. Let them run themselves into the ground and we can counter.

Well in this league this year anything could happen but I can't help thinking, beat these then beat Wolves and who knows - a top of the table clash against Liverpool?

Doesn't seem that ridiculous looking at the PL table.