Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Pre-Match: Leeds United (Away) - 2nd November 2020

1 hour ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

I think Leeds have injury problems themselves, Kelvin Phillips certainly out, I’m sure Luke Ayling (who I think is a quality right back) had to play centre back vs Villa. 

I think Evans will make it and we’ll line up similar to tonight with the addition of a few that got a vital rest;

Kasper 

Albrighton 

Fofana

Evans 

Fuchs 

Justin 

Mendy

Tielemans

Praet / Maddison 

Barnes  

Vardy

I think back five has to be the option considering the pace of team leicester are up against

so I agree with this line up, wes to go again if evans isn't fit alongside ****s and fofana.

1 hour ago, ant83 said:

Based on what? The first two games of this season? They conceded 35 goals in 46 games last season, and have conceded 2 in their last 4.

6 teams in the league have conceded more goals than them and all but 1 of them are in the bottom 7. 

I based it on that. 

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Leeds play a really interesting way, using a system Bielsa has formulated over the years. They setup in a 4141, but when they transition they go into a 3133. It's very dynamic and creates lots of spaces and half-spaces to open up the game. I might not be the biggest fan of Leeds, but I am a huge fan of Marcelo Bielsa, he is one of the best coaches of the last 30 years by far. Leeds' system is proven to work against Liverpool and Man City so are well drilled when playing that way. Kalvin Phillips is out though who is a pivotal player for them in the way they play.

You've said "please no" but my suggested lineup is the way we played against Man City only with different personnel. Man City prefer to play centrally so our system on the day moved them out wide. Against Arsenal Arteta tried to play a way to exploit our Man City setup by pushing his fullbacks on, but we matched their front 3 with our 3 and our wingbacks dealt with their fullbacks.

Leeds play with a lot of energy so it's really annoying that Castagne is out, because engine room players like him would be very important in a game like this.

"Please no" as in I hope Rodgers doesn't let his Ego get involved. :)  Thanks for the Leeds/Bielsa overview. 

You've spiked my interest now as a writer Jed Davies who had written a book about Tiki Taka, that I had read a while ago, has also written a book about Bielsa. If you have the time watch this Gemstone.

Edited by SO1

Real selection headaches now with Maddison, Praet, Barnes and Under all looking good and ready to start. 3 at the back doesn't allow 2 of them to play. Under, Barnes and Vardy could be a real threat to them on the break.

Hopefully Evans is fit and we can go back to back 4 with Fuchs at left back. Would allow Maddison/Praet to be central and help us not be overrun in midfield.

I fancy us to get something. Score draw.

16 minutes ago, hejammy said:

So they think they are already a better team than us and that we are the "Park the bus" merchants. This is why a lot of neutral fans don't particularly like Leeds fans. They are like the Manure fans, Self entitled. A few good games in their first year back and they're talking about winning the league. :facepalm:I hope they get a beating and come crashing back down the earth. 

Screenshot_20201030-070412__01.jpg

I think it’s very clear that if we were able to field a fully fit first team we’d be a much better side that leeds. Leeds are a good team, but because of the system and manager rather than having ‘quality’ players.

Schmeichel 

Pereira

Fofana

Evans

Castagne

Maddison

Ndidi

Tielemans

Under

Vardy

Barnes

that first 11 goes to every single ground bar a few and I’d back to dominate games completely, especially against little old leeds. 

With the injuries we have though and the amount of games we played, it would be stupid to make this an open game. We should play on the counter due to circumstances. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, hejammy said:

So they think they are already a better team than us and that we are the "Park the bus" merchants. This is why a lot of neutral fans don't particularly like Leeds fans. They are like the Manure fans, Self entitled. A few good games in their first year back and they're talking about winning the league. :facepalm:I hope they get a beating and come crashing back down the earth. 

That's funny. "Park the bus merchants".... we've scored more goals than them this year. 

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue
46 minutes ago, hejammy said:

And there's people on here who like Leeds, a vile fan base who are a poor mans man utd. On what logic does he think they are already a better team than us. Hope they get relegated and disappear again for 20 years.

10 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Leeds leak a LOT of goals but they score alot too 

You may want to rethink that.  7 goals in the first 2 games where injuries at CB lead to two pairings who had never played together.  Liverpool saw an academy kid play with a debutant.

Since then, 2 goals leaked in 4 games and one of those took a huge deflection.  That's with 2 CBs still out injured.  

Tightest defence in the Championship last season.  Leeds definitely DO NOT leak a lot of goals.

5 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

You may want to rethink that.  7 goals in the first 2 games where injuries at CB lead to two pairings who had never played together.  Liverpool saw an academy kid play with a debutant.

Since then, 2 goals leaked in 4 games and one of those took a huge deflection.  That's with 2 CBs still out injured.  

Tightest defence in the Championship last season.  Leeds definitely DO NOT leak a lot of goals.

Ok..... maybe not a LOT but in comparisson to the rest of the league, they concede more than most. That's just a fact. 

55 minutes ago, hejammy said:

There are hundreds of thousands of Leeds fans across the planet.  I've read lots of opinions on this game so far, none of them saying much other than Leicester are a good team and this will be a big test.  You have found one fan from all that with an usual opinion and are making it out as representative of the whole fan base. 

Meanwhile on this very thread, you have Leicester fans saying that Leeds aren't that good and that Leicester's first 11 win easily.  Entitled???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hejammy said:

"They" being some ill-informed members of an internet football forum. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Ok..... maybe not a LOT but in comparisson to the rest of the league, they concede more than most. That's just a fact. 

Its a fact if you are prepared to say that Leeds conceding more than one goal more than all bar two teams is a worthwhile statistic to look at after 6 games.  The problem with that sample size is quality of opponent can skew things hugely.  Leeds have faced the top two from last season, two other top 10 sides from last season and the side who were second and just stuck 7 past last seasons champions.  How can you compare that against defences who have had 6 easy games up to now?

Leeds have had a terrific defence under Bielsa and the last four matches are evidence that it'll continue in this league.

Edited by Pub breath

9 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

Its a fact if you are prepared to say that Leeds conceding more than one goal more than all bar two teams is a worthwhile statistic to look at after 6 games.  The problem with that sample size is quality of opponent.  Leeds have faced the top two from last season, two other top 10 sides from last season and the side who were second and just stuck 7 past last seasons champions.  How can you compare that against defences who have had 6 easy games up to now?

Leeds have had a terrific defence under Bielsa and the last four matches are evidence that it'll continue in this league.

That's one way of looking at it....

.... Conceded more goals than all but 6 teams in the league with 5 of them in the bottom half, is another way.

Leeds have momentum from last season in a similar way to Sheff Utd the previous year. Its a tough call to predict this one as are most covid football games. Having Evans available will be a massive boost but the loss of Castagne is a huge blow. 

Could go either way and wouldn't predict any result in a game with VAR involved. 

8 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

That's one way of looking at it....

.... Conceded more goals than all but 6 teams in the league with 5 of them in the bottom half, is another way.

Yes you said that.  I'm asking you if you are able to recognise context around that.

As an example, do you think Leicester conceding a single less goal than Leeds after 6 games is sufficient evidence that Leicester have a better defence? 

1 hour ago, hejammy said:

That's just pure ignorance and stupidity. 

Annoyingly they have a chance with our ridiculous injury list.

2 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

Yes you said that.  I'm asking you if you are able to recognise context around that.

As an example, do you think Leicester conceding a single less goal than Leeds after 6 games is sufficient evidence that Leicester have a better defence? 

Like you say..... context. Leicester have conceded a single goal less than Leeds whilst going through a horrendous defensive injury crisis so yes, we have a better defence. 

• Thanks 1

Considering the injury situation you’d probably take a draw here, but we do still have plenty of players that could hurt them. 

Kasper

JJ

Fofana

Evans

Fuchs

Mendy

Tielemans

Praet

Ünder

Vardy

Barnes

Big call to leave Madders out, but he’s played a lot of football in the last week coming back from injury, and would be a good weapon off the bench. I just feel the midfield is a lot more solid with Dennis in it too, which would allow for the two ‘attacking’ wingers to play, and break them down on transitions.

Youri could do with a break soon too, but not in this one for me.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Like you say..... context. Leicester have conceded a single goal less than Leeds whilst going through a horrendous defensive injury crisis so yes, we have a better defence. 

So Leeds having such an injury list at CB that they have been forced to play an academy kid there and in the last game, a RB, is not relevant?  Odd.

45 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

There are hundreds of thousands of Leeds fans across the planet.  I've read lots of opinions on this game so far, none of them saying much other than Leicester are a good team and this will be a big test.  You have found one fan from all that with an usual opinion and are making it out as representative of the whole fan base. 

Meanwhile on this very thread, you have Leicester fans saying that Leeds aren't that good and that Leicester's first 11 win easily.  Entitled???

You make a good point in your first paragraph, but as for your second, we finished 5th last year whilst Leeds were in the Championship, we have five years on Leeds in the PL and have won the title during that time.  So are we better than Leeds?  Traditionally perhaps not, but at this point in time, we should be really.  We're ahead of you on the timeline.  I don't think that's an 'entitled' view.

Edited by murphy