Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Pre-Match: Leeds United (Away) - 2nd November 2020

14 minutes ago, murphy said:

You make a good point in your first paragraph, but as for your second, we finished 5th last year whilst Leeds were in the Championship, we have five years on Leeds in the PL and have won the title during that time.  So are we better than Leeds?  Traditionally perhaps not, but nowadays, we should be.  We're ahead of you on the timeline.  I don't think that's an 'entitled' view.

I wouldn't actually dispute much of that and certainly agree that Leicester should be better than Leeds right now.  I just can't say with any degree of certainty that they are.  The other poster did and has basically just done exactly what the Leeds fan did and got called entitled for it.  What the two clubs did last season isn't relevant, it's about the two teams right now.  If the Leeds fan was "entitled" saying that then so was that poster.  

Edited by Pub breath

16 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

So Leeds having such an injury list at CB that they have been forced to play an academy kid there and in the last game, a RB, is not relevant?  Odd.

Clearly, I had no idea about that but it doesn't take away from my initial point that you seem to take aggrevience with. They leak goals. Alot. 

You dont agree? Fine. It means nothing to me. Move on as your not going to change my mind so you're wasting your time arguing your point. 

1 minute ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Clearly, I had no idea about that but it doesn't take away from my initial point that you seem to take aggrevience with. They leak goals. Alot. 

You dont agree? Fine. It means nothing to me. Move on as your not going to change my mind so you're wasting your time arguing your point. 

You did change your mind and even admitted that you were wrong to say "A LOT".  At least you're sure of yourself if  nothing else lol

• Haha 1

If we can keep a clean sheet against Arsenal away from home and limited them a lot I can see us putting up a decent defence together here. Evans will play I would have thought. 

I do like to watch Leeds but if they leave the space in behind Barnes under and Vardy will get chances. 

Looking forward to it but with our injuries it's just about getting as many points on the board as poss. Crazy to think we have more points than this time last season. 

What is crazy that we then have Braga 3 days after this and then Wolves 3 days after that! 

11 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Same team as against Athens?

Personally would start with Barnes, Mendy and Praet.

The same back 4 as last night will invite Bamford to score another hattrick.  Collectively far to slow for Leeds. Please God I hope Evans is fit.

Think there will be goals in this one. Leeds have lost Phillips injury recently who is a massive player for them. They've also had injuries to Liam Cooper and Diego Llorente at CB which I think boosts our attacking outlook. There will be more space to hit them on the transition. If Vardy and Barnes are on song I think we've got a great chance. 

The injuries to our defence isn't ideal - Castagne, Ricardo and Soyuncu are key players for us and if Evans is out that's our entire first choice back 4 sat watching the game. I think a back 5 makes sense regardless of whether Evans is fit as it gives us a solid base to soak up the Leeds attack and spring forward quickly and stretch the pitch with wing backs. The biggest dilemma for me is whether you start with Praet or Maddison in the front 3, but I think it will JM. 

Schmeichel

Fofana   Evans/Morgan   Fuchs 

Albrighton    Mendy    Tielemans    Justin

Maddison      Vardy       Barnes

3 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

Been dropping in and out of this forum for years and it's the only opposition forum I do.  At the uncomfortable risk of appearing an awful sycophant, it's because it's comfortably the best opposition forum out there.  It's generally much more considered and less one-eyed than other fans forums and just seem to be a lot less bitter and blinkered members than others.  I'll still call the odd bit of BS out if I see it though, which should be fair game as long as it's not designed to causes a ruck.

Anyway, as for Leeds, I have no clue.  Early signs are promising and I always said surviving relegation would be enough.  Going toe to toe against Liverpool and City has made me start to wonder whether I was being unambitious...

For the record, I like your side.  Easily the best of the promoted clubs, and you play a style which makes opponents uncomfortable.  I think an upper mid-table finish could easily be achievable.

• Like 1

Just now, Deeg67 said:

For the record, I like your side.  Easily the best of the promoted clubs, and you play a style which makes opponents uncomfortable.  I think an upper mid-table finish could easily be achievable.

That's the bit I am enjoying.  Knowing that nobody is going to have it easy against us makes me smile after 16 years away.  Nothing could have been  worse than waiting all this time and then getting ruined every weekend.

15 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Let's be fair, we have been parking the bus. It's obviously been worthwhile and given our injuries, I think it'll be 5 at the back again. 

With the state of the injuries and the ridiculous schedule I am happy to do whatever it takes to accumulate points 

the sexy football can wait till after Xmas when we hopefully have almost all our players back 

if we had parked the bus against West Ham we would probably not have lost. Brendan will only play defensively if he feels he needs to but after the Aston Villa performance, he may have realised we simply dont have the personnel and fitness levels to play the way he wants to 

44 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

The same back 4 as last night will invite Bamford to score another hattrick.  Collectively far to slow for Leeds. Please God I hope Evans is fit.

oh come on... The disrespect to our defenders is back I see! 

Watkins had just scored a hat trick against Liverpool when we played Villa we didn't give him a kick! its like you think these players cant adapt. 

Edited by goose2010
  • Like 1

See no reason to ditch the Man City/Arsenal approach. Yes it shows Leeds an awful lot of respect, but I feel like they've earned it with their start given the teams they've played.

Yes they're ripe to concede a few, but we've had our 5 goals in a game for the season fixture lol and I think you can really only implement the 'score more than them' plan if you're a Liverpool or Man City.

One more win here and we can get back to being a bit more expansive, back to back wins is the key for me!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

Been dropping in and out of this forum for years and it's the only opposition forum I do.  At the uncomfortable risk of appearing an awful sycophant, it's because it's comfortably the best opposition forum out there.  It's generally much more considered and less one-eyed than other fans forums and just seem to be a lot less bitter and blinkered members than others.  I'll still call the odd bit of BS out if I see it though, which should be fair game as long as it's not designed to causes a ruck.

Anyway, as for Leeds, I have no clue.  Early signs are promising and I always said surviving relegation would be enough.  Going toe to toe against Liverpool and City has made me start to wonder whether I was being unambitious...

I've been very surprised by Leeds but in a good way and like the way they attack the opposition without care for reputation. From experience, over the few years we've been back, unless very lucky with injuries, it can be squad depth that starts to take it's toll. Despite having some unbelievable bad luck with injuries to several key players this season thus far, whilst it's no means the strongest squad, we've just about had enough depth to get through and remain in contention for a reasonably good finish.

Bielsa's style of play is ambitious high energy stuff and the worry could be fatigue without a good back up squad to rotate throughout a long hard season. I think it was perhaps the teams downfall when they just missed out on promotion last time. 

If both teams had all players fit then I'd have to say that at this point in time, we do on paper have the better players by quite a distance BUT ... so did Manchester City, Manchester United,  Arsenal etc etc when we won the Premiership! Man City team value about 300m then, ours about 23m. It's about having a good team not individuals, fight, togetherness and a clever manager. Leeds currently appear to have all of the latter so the season looks bright for them imo.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, AjcW said:

See no reason to ditch the Man City/Arsenal approach. Yes it shows Leeds an awful lot of respect, but I feel like they've earned it with their start given the teams they've played.

Yes they're ripe to concede a few, but we've had our 5 goals in a game for the season fixture lol and I think you can really only implement the 'score more than them' plan if you're a Liverpool or Man City.

One more win here and we can get back to being a bit more expansive, back to back wins is the key for me!

I agree because the tactics for each game should be based both on the quality of the opposition and also the players you have fit at your disposal. It's nice to entertain but it's mainly about winning. There'll be time for a bit more entertainment perhaps when we get our first team players all back and play against appropriate opposition. It's about keeping up with the pack at the moment for me first and foremost.