Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Pre-Match: Leeds United (Away) - 2nd November 2020

(if Spurs don't win later)

Win or draw, we go 2nd.

Leeds win, they go 2nd.

Plenty at stake with how the results have gone so far this weekend.

Would be good to get as big a gap over the bigger sides below us in the table as at some point they will start to get some momentum and kick on, as weird as this season has been so far.

2 hours ago, 1964w said:

I know you've scored one more goal than us but I wouldn't be surprised if Leicester approach the game as Wolves did at ER & kill us on the break especially with Vardy back who has pace to burn & something like 110 goals in his locker for the Foxes. Maddison has looked decent from what I've seen of Leicester this season

Maddison has hardly played after carrying over an injury from last season. Has been one of the walking wounded but has some minutes in the tank now so will last 60 minutes, possibly. 

Just now, Spudulike said:

Maddison has hardly played after carrying over an injury from last season. Has been one of the walking wounded but has some minutes in the tank now so will last 60 minutes, possibly. 

He lasted 60 minutes last time in Greece didnt he? Plus it was a shit pitch so would've been a good measure as to where he's at. I'd hope he will be in the starting line up tomorrow.

Think this will be one of our Toughest games of the season with Leeds bringing it to many clubs the last few games, hitting in the break a lot like us it’s going to be a game and a half !

Hearing Vardy is still Nursing the calf injury that kept him out of the Zorya and Vile games he didn’t look too bad coming on V AEK hope he’s fit and well, Castagne is out for a few more weeks Ndidi seems to be getting there Evans could be back Monday our injury list is beginning to look a lot more better.

So I’ll go for a 2-3 win for the Foxes in a really tight game !!

Hope our last few games missing key players also playing some out of position shows the top brass we need bring in at least 3 more players into the squad in certain areas January especially with the busy schedule of Europe & Premier League !

16 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Think this will be one of our Toughest games of the season with Leeds bringing it to many clubs the last few games, hitting in the break a lot like us it’s going to be a game and a half !

Hearing Vardy is still Nursing the calf injury that kept him out of the Zorya and Vile games he didn’t look too bad coming on V AEK hope he’s fit and well, Castagne is out for a few more weeks Ndidi seems to be getting there Evans could be back Monday our injury list is beginning to look a lot more better.

Hope our last few games missing key players also playing some out of position shows the top brass we need bring in at least 3 more players into the squad in certain areas January especially with the busy schedule of Europe & Premier League !

We won’t sign three players in jan 

9 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

I have to say despite all of the different viewpoints, I'm really looking forward to this one though I'm just a little sad that we can't both put a full strength side out to do the game justice. My last game at Elland Road was a Boxing Day trip when a young Rio Ferdinand shone like a beacon at centre half. The pre-match drinks in a pub with Leeds supporters was also a very positive experience too!

Whatever Leeds were, it's the Leeds of now that counts and I have to say that I think they're making a very positive contribution to the Premiership and only a stubborn very biased person would fail to recognise and admire what an incredible manager Bielsa is. Leeds, without being in anyway vindictive about it, were fairly mediocre and going nowhere in a hurry until he arrived like most Championship clubs in a dog eat dog difficult league.

They're brand of football is good to watch and lest we forget, we also on paper, not to long ago, had some very uncelebrated names who nevertheless managed to grab some headlines and big scalps and the average fan from different clubs loves to see it because it's good for football. 

I really couldn't call the result but with all of our injuries I think we're going to be under a lot of pressure. We'll have a lot of young lads out there but, contrary to some, I see the likes of Morgan, Fuchs and Albrighton if in the match day squad as a positive thing. They have a certain spirit and composure about them that perhaps went missing towards the end of last season and they certainly won't lay down. 

:appl::appl::appl:

First 20or 30 minutes are going to be key. There is a very good chance they could simply overwhelm us but the further we can get  itno the game level the better chance we will have of winnig. Would have thought they would be big favourites.

3 minutes ago, reynard said:

First 20or 30 minutes are going to be key. There is a very good chance they could simply overwhelm us but the further we can get  itno the game level the better chance we will have of winnig. Would have thought they would be big favourites.

you're having a laugh aren't you

you finished just outside CL top 4 last season

we're new to the league , at the start of the season , i wouldn't class your team as in our mini league that we have to top to guarantee safety

imo 40pts is our 1st and still main priority , if/when we reach 40pts, then see what can be achieved

until then , my eyes are getting to 40pts, so favoritism status is all yours bud

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nigel 1970 said:

you're having a laugh aren't you

you finished just outside CL top 4 last season

we're new to the league , at the start of the season , i wouldn't class your team as in our mini league that we have to top to guarantee safety

imo 40pts is our 1st and still main priority , if/when we reach 40pts, then see what can be achieved

until then , my eyes are getting to 40pts, so favoritism status is all yours bud

You’re bookies favourites for tomorrow’s game .....not by much but you are ....

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

You’re bookies favourites for tomorrow’s game .....not by much but you are ....

well don't make much sense to me

sure we've played well so far against the so called big teams, man city, liverpool and wolves, but ultimately just 1pt to show for it

you're a top 8 side at start of this season , we wasn't , nor are we yet

we give you boys tomorrow night a beating and do overwhelm you, and cruise to a fairly comfortable win

then i might start thinking maybe something higher than 40pts could be achievable this season

btw

i'm not worried about any burnout at the backend of the season either

before lockdown we had played 37 league matches , more than a premier league season

in our last 5 games our form guide was WWWWW , won the last 5 games before lockdown

longer intervals between games in the prem too

its whether we're good enough to stay up or too many injuries 

tomorrow night is a decent yardstick

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nigel 1970 said:

well don't make much sense to me

sure we've played well so far against the so called big teams, man city, liverpool and wolves, but ultimately just 1pt to show for it

you're a top 8 side at start of this season , we wasn't , nor are we yet

we give you boys tomorrow night a beating and do overwhelm you, and cruise to a fairly comfortable win

then i might start thinking maybe something higher than 40pts could be achievable this season

btw

i'm not worried about any burnout at the backend of the season either

before lockdown we had played 37 league matches , more than a premier league season

in our last 5 games our form guide was WWWWW , won the last 5 games before lockdown

longer intervals between games in the prem too

its whether we're good enough to stay up or too many injuries 

tomorrow night is a decent yardstick

Hi Nigel :D

Will be a tough game for sure, they’ve made some good signings and play a decent expansive game. I hope we treat them in the same way we did Man City and Arsenal, and keep it tight at the back. Injuries have left us threadbare all over the pitch, so a point and no injuries would be a good day/night at the office.

3 hours ago, justfoxes said:

...we can't  afford  to bring in players..we haven't the money to do so!!!

Outrageous  to believe we can spend in January to meet a roster that is already strong and only weakened  by injuries. 

34 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...we can't  afford  to bring in players..we haven't the money to do so!!!

Outrageous  to believe we can spend in January to meet a roster that is already strong and only weakened  by injuries. 

Spot on. Even if by some miracle we find a pot of gold, buy more players what do we do with them when our injuries clear up. People go on about our “small” squad, but it is the same size as everyone else’s as dictated by PL rules (except for under 21s). If we buy we have to move others out.

5 hours ago, 09bballer said:

Gutted there'll be no fans at this one. I've never been to Elland Road and would loved to have gone for a night game.

Went there when a certain Peter Taylor was our manager after we'd beaten them 3-0 at Filbert Street the previous December (2000): before that season went totally t**s up and Leeds almost exacted exact revenge 3-1 and finished their season on a real high, unlike us! Christ, the best part of 20 years ago now....!

7 minutes ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

Can I ask why we are always the last game before lockdown ffs

It's a bit spooky this early on : as we all know how shite we were when we came back to resume play after lockdown mk.1! The football carries on this time though I believe....??!!

10 hours ago, justfoxes said:

We don’t need any signings. If we had a fully fit squad we would be as good as anyone in this league imo.

We might need a striker as we are heavily reliant on Vardy but at Cb and Full backs we have decent back up.

We are just super unlucky with our injuries because of their long term type of them. We have the squad to deal with injuries but to have 3 first teams out for half the season and now 2 others out for 3/4 games and even Vards was out for a game and despite this and playing in Europe we are within a win away from being 2nd! Just shows we have decent depth and if we can hold on until December time still ok then we have a good shot with our squad back to full fitness!

• Like 1