Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Pre-Match: Leeds United (Away) - 2nd November 2020

On 30/10/2020 at 08:07, Pub breath said:

There are hundreds of thousands of Leeds fans across the planet.  I've read lots of opinions on this game so far, none of them saying much other than Leicester are a good team and this will be a big test.  You have found one fan from all that with an usual opinion and are making it out as representative of the whole fan base. 

Meanwhile on this very thread, you have Leicester fans saying that Leeds aren't that good and that Leicester's first 11 win easily.  Entitled???

Or confident/optimistic, based on a lot more than a single good manager and a good start to their first season in the prem for about a hundred years 😱😂

On 30/10/2020 at 08:36, Pub breath said:

Yes you said that.  I'm asking you if you are able to recognise context around that.

As an example, do you think Leicester conceding a single less goal than Leeds after 6 games is sufficient evidence that Leicester have a better defence? 

Sorry to butt in, but personally, I'm going to go with yes. 

I could easily go further that momentum has been proven (especially here) to play a massive part in form, and that playing against arrogant sides who will not look to combat your strengths has actually made them look better than they are. 

Take it from "recent" experience. They will face a lot more sides that play to their weaknesses, ie 10 behind the ball, and that can take years to evolve around. 

I say enjoy it while It lasts, but don't confuse a semi final in the champions league a thousand years ago, with the same relevance as always being wary against man u or Liverpool, regardless of how long it is taking/took for them to match little old leicesters more recent achievements. 

But most of all, try to remember that this is a Leicester city forum, and we are quite invested, ergo, no matter how eloquently you destroy somebody's argument, even if you managed to do the double over us, doesn't mean that you are "better" than us overall. Ask arsenal of 2015-16, and check how dull their "newest" trophy in the cabinet is. 

Is that condescending enough for you sunshine 😂😂😂😂

Thank you, come again (copyright Apu nahasaheemapartapetelan(sp) 19?? (Probably still more recent than Leeds last european adventure, and boy at what cost?) 

Edited by gw_leics772
Missed 2 syllables from the great apu's surname 😱😱😱
  • Like 1

We're gonna get a drubbing and end up having to praise Leeds aren't we 🤮😢

Wouldn't be surprised if Wes Morgan pulls out later tonight with arse ache leaving a 1 man defence in the form of 19 year old Little Wes who doesn't speak much english. Much hilarity ensues.

I don't think there are any defensive subs left either. time to shine Demarai... at right back 👍🏽

Many years ago a trip to Elland Road would have put shivers up my spine - our record there was nearly as bad as at Highbury - but I am sure that has changed!? I remember saying a year or so back that I wanted Leeds, Derby and Middlesboro promoted cos we ALWAYS beat them. Am I conning myself? Is it just the memory of the Nalis goal? ..... and the best fan commentary EVER ?! :D

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

Or confident/optimistic, based on a lot more than a single good manager and a good start to their first season in the prem for about a hundred years 😱😂

Fair enough.  Out of interest, how long do we have to wait before we are allowed to suggest we might beat someone and that be evidence based opinion and not arrogance? 

Edited by Pub breath
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

Fair enough.  Out of interest, how long so we have to wait before we are allowed to suggest we might beat someone and that be evidence based opinion and not arrogance? 

There's a real misconception that you have a poor defence because you are so gung ho in your pressing, work rate and attacking intensity. There are times when defensively you look suspect but so does almost every team that plays on the front foot and the high scoring games tend to be when Leeds won't lie down and give up matches.

Great work Bielsa is doing and on a fairly modest transfer budget compared with some promoted teams. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

There's a real misconception that you have a poor defence because you are so gung ho in your pressing, work rate and attacking intensity. There are times when defensively you look suspect but so does almost every team that plays on the front foot and the high scoring games tend to be when Leeds won't lie down and give up matches.

Great work Bielsa is doing and on a fairly modest transfer budget compared with some promoted teams. 

Agreed.  We pour numbers forward at incredible speed and we do then look very open when opponents counter.  However we also get numbers back at the same rate so it's not often teams can transition quickly enough to make the space count.

However, Leicester may well be the team that can.  You're one of the best counter attacking teams in the game so if anyone can exploit that, it'll be you.  Expect a man to be on Vardy at all times but that's obviously not a solution, just a mitigation.  

Edited by Pub breath
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

Agreed.  We pour numbers forward at incredible speed and we do then look very open when opponents counter.  However we also get numbers back at the same rate so it's not often teams can transition quickly enough to make the space count.

However, Leicester may well be the team that can.  You're one of the best counter attacking teams in the game so if anyone can exploit that, it'll be you.  Expect a man to be on Vardy at all times but that's obviously not a solution, just a mitigation.  

Fascinating game ahead, I think we'll try and spoil things rather than play expansive football that we are capable of. I suppose away from home with many injuries and beating Man City and Arsenal we have to go with what is working but I think you'll be the team that comes out with the plaudits regardless of the result.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Kasper

Justin

Big Wes

Little Wes

Thomas

Mendy 

Tielemans 

Maddison 

Under

Vardy

Barnes

We’ll shit em! 4- 2 Biesla can run crying as Leeds start to fall back down toward the bottom 6

My brain:

Don't say it. Don't say it. Don't say it. 

Me:

Big Wes

Little Wes

Cardboard Box

My brain:

You **** Urban.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, murphy said:

Multiple 2am posts, Saturday night, unwarranted aggression....

... @gw_leics772, were you pissed by any chance?

Unfortunately not. Turns out I'm just not quite as nice a person as I like to think I am. 

(long day, tired, etc etc. Could have been worse, I could have took it out on my wife and still be paying for it now, every cloud. 😂

Apologies people. Must try to sleep earlier. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Commiserations on your recent castration. 

Fear not, they have been found. They were in a case in my wife’s handbag.

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

And whilst simultaneously parking the bus 😂

I know you've scored one more goal than us but I wouldn't be surprised if Leicester approach the game as Wolves did at ER & kill us on the break especially with Vardy back who has pace to burn & something like 110 goals in his locker for the Foxes. Maddison has looked decent from what I've seen of Leicester this season

18 minutes ago, 1964w said:

I know you've scored one more goal than us but I wouldn't be surprised if Leicester approach the game as Wolves did at ER & kill us on the break especially with Vardy back who has pace to burn & something like 110 goals in his locker for the Foxes. Maddison has looked decent from what I've seen of Leicester this season

He no longer has the pace to get away from half way and keep ahead of most defences ........but he is really sharp over ten yards and his runs are so clever .......

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

He no longer has the pace to get away from half way and keep ahead of most defences ........but he is really sharp over ten yards and his runs are so clever .......

Sign of a clever striker, best in the prem imo!