Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Current League Expectations

Current league expectations   

310 members have voted

1. 1. End of season prediction

• Champions
    • Relegated

Do not understand people thinking we will be as low as ninth, at the moment we are 2nd with an injury list as bad as anyone in memory.

Last year we finished 5th and have added what are generally regarded as 3 excellent signings to strengthen the squad.

So why should be go backward?

Add another player into the mix  who, after 3 seasons of despairing injury after injury, has just out of nowhere started getting compared with Ngolo Kante.

I think anyone who is a pessimist at this stage, is either a numpty, or on the wind up.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Woof said:

No, just a Leicester City fan

you may be right there, when Everton were for 4 wins from 4, their forum was full of how this was year they finally won the premier, and they have a team with 4 players of saleable value at most..

Same with the Villa forum when they were 4/4, all they talk about was can we "do a Lesta"

Pessimism must just be a Leicester thing. Strange though.

Edited by nnickn

I think this will be a season similar to 15/16 and there could well be a few teams at the higher end of the table who you wouldn't expect and vice versa. 

The other thing in our favour is that we've got squad depth willing to sit on the bench. Players look to get on with each other and we don't have any big egos at the club. I don't see many, if any, that could say the same thing. 

Liverpool and Man City are still favourites but I think both will and have been hit hard by injuries and they won't be able to cope. Pep and Klopp are stubborn in their philosophy and we're seeing the benefit of Brendan choosing to tweak his tactics to set us up in the best way given our personnel and the oppositions players. Europa league may get in the way or it could allow our fringe players to get game time to be ready to come in if one of our main players gets injured. 

On 02/11/2020 at 13:22, City1884 said:

I’m not shocked by people’s predictions, but I am kind of disappointed.

I think there will be a lot of people disappointed at the end of this season, based on the sorts of expectations described above.

This season is going to be a long hard slog. We’ve not had a fully fit squad since day 1, and we’ve still got to face many, many more weeks of 3 games within 8 day periods.

We won’t win the Europa League, I think we all know that, but a decent run in the competition will more than likely cost us a top 6 place.

I’m going for a 9th place finish in the league, and Last 32 / Last 16 in the Europa League.

For the record, for me that would actually be a fantastic season, but going on what others think, people are looking at that as a failure?.....

It’s great that we’ve come so far as a club that we have built higher expectations, but people need to remember just who we actually are, and what we are up against.

This is what annoys me. ‘We won’t win the Europa league’ why?

We are as good as anyone in Europe at the minute. We have as good a chance as anyone. 
We are not some little club anymore who are hopeless, we’re fairly Wealthy, extremely well run and the best squad we’ve ever had in our history! It won’t last, our best ever plays approaching 34 and our squad will probably break up sooner or later as we’re such a small club right? So currently we should be going hard for trophy’s. It’ll be the best chance we have. 

It is far too early to predict. We PROBABLY won’t win it or get relegated. There are a lot of clubs sitting between 10-16 points, all who could make a push for top 6 or drop right away especially in this topsy- turvey season. The only thing that looks certain at the minute is that WBA and Fulham are going to struggle.

on our current form and considering the players we have to come back then we should be comfortably top half.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nnickn said:

you may be right there, when Everton were for 4 wins from 4, their forum was full of how this was year they finally won the premier, and they have a team with 4 players of saleable value at most..

Same with the Villa forum when they were 4/4, all they talk about was can we "do a Lesta"

Pessimism must just be a Leicester thing. Strange though.

It's why I get wound up when people display the traditional Leicester self deprecating traits, they're called moaners or whatever. Just because someone doesn't have absolute blind optimism to the point of delusion, doesn't make them any less of a fan. 

Very easy to come out post match when we've just won and point out people's valid concerns from pre match to get some easy rep points on Foxestalk.

If we get our key guys back on schedule and in form - particularly Ricardo, who in my view is our best player by a considerable margin - I think 5th-6th is achievable.  We've done well to hang near the top despite all our injuries, though last year's collapse should be a cautionary note not to let expectations spiral out of control.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

It's why I get wound up when people display the traditional Leicester self deprecating traits, they're called moaners or whatever. Just because someone doesn't have absolute blind optimism to the point of delusion, doesn't make them any less of a fan. 

Very easy to come out post match when we've just won and point out people's valid concerns from pre match to get some easy rep points on Foxestalk.

Point understood, but that isn't what necessarily happens. Valid concerns are one thing, just outright slagging before a ball is kicked is another. It's too easy to justify saying ANYTHING negative with the defence of 'well that's what it is to support Leicester'. Self-deprecation is not the same as angrily pointing the finger, which some (not all by any means) do almost automatically.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Point understood, but that isn't what necessarily happens. Valid concerns are one thing, just outright slagging before a ball is kicked is another. It's too easy to justify saying ANYTHING negative with the defence of 'well that's what it is to support Leicester'. Self-deprecation is not the same as angrily pointing the finger, which some (not all by any means) do almost automatically.

Wasn't pointing the finger at yourself at all, just a more general observation. Basically anyone that isn't wildly optimistic pre match is called out post match if we win. There's nothing wrong with modest expectations even now. 

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Wasn't pointing the finger at yourself at all, just a more general observation. Basically anyone that isn't wildly optimistic pre match is called out post match if we win. There's nothing wrong with modest expectations even now. 

No, I didn't think for a minute you were, and likewise.