Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Where were you when........

9/11 - I was working at GEC in Whetstone.  A workmate was working where there was a radio & had heard that the first plane had smashed into the WTC,  He came into the room where I & a few others were working.  It took him about 10 minutes to mention what he had heard.  We were like "what the fvck - you didn't think to mention it?".  We had a big telly hidden in a cupboard for use on night shifts.  Watched the 2nd plane hit & the towers come down live.

Diana - was in Cypress Kebab on Narborough Rd at about 3am - absolutely twatted.  She wasn't dead at this point & had only been involved in an accident.  Went to sleep with the telly on & woke up at about 5am feeling a bit rough, as news that she had died was coming in.  Wasn't really too arsed about it & was surprised by the levels of grief.

Don't remember where I was for 7/7

I remember Elvis dying & was at my nanna's house in Braunstone, even though I was only 5

When John Lennon died, I was getting ready for school & my mum always used to put the radio on. 

I say radio........

Vintage Record Player Cabinet | Vintage record player cabinet, Vintage  stereo cabinet, Vintage home decor

• Like 2

For 9/11 I got home from work early in the afternoon and was talking to the wife for about 10 minutes about nothing in particular when I see a skyscraper on fire on the telly in the background. I said what's going on here? She said, oh yeah, there's been some sort of plane crash in America.

14 hours ago, Blarmy said:

November 9 - was at work and my mate rang me. Watched it on BBC news. When the first tower fell I was gobsmacked. 

Diana - woke up after a massive night out, still smashed, and my sister told me.

Senna - saw it live. Affected me more than Diana did. 

😂😂😂 I’m sorry What!!?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 420Hashish said:

Why is this thread so gloomy? 

Where was I in 1945? I was in Germany fighting zombies in an abandoned airfield, asylum, and factory. 

It wasn't intended to be all sad / bad events.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 420Hashish said:

Why is this thread so gloomy? 

1 hour ago, davieG said:

It wasn't intended to be all sad / bad events.

This is completely irrelevant from the topic, but to dispel the unwanted gloom......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-54822289

"A couple have become Mr and Mrs White-Christmas after tying the knot in a pre-lockdown wedding. 

Tilly Christmas and Kieran White, who met at school aged 12, married at the Roman Baths in Bath on Tuesday".

Now, where were you when you heard about this happy event?

16 hours ago, Blarmy said:

November 9 - was at work and my mate rang me. Watched it on BBC news. When the first tower fell I was gobsmacked. 

Diana - woke up after a massive night out, still smashed, and my sister told me.

Senna - saw it live. Affected me more than Diana did. 

you must still be smashed....9/11....was the 11 september...:o

14 hours ago, pSinatra said:

9/11 - I was working at GEC in Whetstone.  A workmate was working where there was a radio & had heard that the first plane had smashed into the WTC,  He came into the room where I & a few others were working.  It took him about 10 minutes to mention what he had heard.  We were like "what the fvck - you didn't think to mention it?".  We had a big telly hidden in a cupboard for use on night shifts.  Watched the 2nd plane hit & the towers come down live.

Diana - was in Cypress Kebab on Narborough Rd at about 3am - absolutely twatted.  She wasn't dead at this point & had only been involved in an accident.  Went to sleep with the telly on & woke up at about 5am feeling a bit rough, as news that she had died was coming in.  Wasn't really too arsed about it & was surprised by the levels of grief.

Don't remember where I was for 7/7

I remember Elvis dying & was at my nanna's house in Braunstone, even though I was only 5

When John Lennon died, I was getting ready for school & my mum always used to put the radio on. 

I say radio........

Vintage Record Player Cabinet | Vintage record player cabinet, Vintage  stereo cabinet, Vintage home decor

Well just imagine...:)

5 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Well just imagine...:)

When @pSinatra's Mum put the "radio" on for him, he could hardly express his mixed emotions at his thoughtlessness as he recognised that he was forever in her debt.

He resolved to express his inner feelings and thankfulness for her showing him the meaning of success.

42 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

When @pSinatra's Mum put the "radio" on for him, he could hardly express his mixed emotions at his thoughtlessness as he recognised that he was forever in her debt.

He resolved to express his inner feelings and thankfulness for her showing him the meaning of success.

Oh that old Gramaphone.....:)

Groovy..

6 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

This is completely irrelevant from the topic, but to dispel the unwanted gloom......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-54822289

"A couple have become Mr and Mrs White-Christmas after tying the knot in a pre-lockdown wedding. 

Tilly Christmas and Kieran White, who met at school aged 12, married at the Roman Baths in Bath on Tuesday".

Now, where were you when you heard about this happy event 

5 seconds ago, waking up in bed to opening this forum

• Haha 1