Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Fulham (H) pre match

1 hour ago, TrentFox said:

If we win tonight, we’ve won more games than anyone else in the PL this season - with over a quarter of it gone. I know the three games we lost were abject performances, but the bigger picture is outstanding. 

Yup! and shame on those before the season started for thinking of moving BR on.....embarrassing

7 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Why do you keep saying we played 4 at the back vs West Ham lol we played the 5 2 3/3 4 3. We had our wing backs high and kept getting done by long balls down the channels. I can accept the defensive formation against the bigger teams - especially when we're down to the bare bones with defensive options. It offers much needed protection to lesser players and has given us a chance in those games, it makes total sense.

What doesn't make sense is deploying a formation that we use to counter attack teams that will come at us, against a team that will want to sit back and not over-commit. All we're doing is levellling the playing field and giving them a massive confidence boost.

A back 4 of Justin Fofana Evans Thomas is more than adeqaute for a game at home to Fulham and we should be looking to get at these and start creating some chances. 

Absolutely spot on. Let’s put it this way, if a back 4 ISNT good enough to beat Fulham at home, then we don’t deserve a top 4 push. Exactly what said above we level the playing field by doing this.

8 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Forgive me getting splinters, but all systems are only as good as the players picked for them. 532 could be VERY attacking with the right personnel. 

Absolutely incorrect comment. 532 we will be deeper as a team and more than half our team will be around our own box. No matter what players we have this is a defensive passive formation.

Without the quality of Ricardo, Castange and Ndidi it actually makes it even worse.

We are the 3rd worst team for creating chances this season. The table makes fantastic reading for how we’ve actually performed this season and it’s not sustainable.

2 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Absolutely incorrect comment. 532 we will be deeper as a team and more than half our team will be around our own box. No matter what players we have this is a defensive passive formation.

Without the quality of Ricardo, Castange and Ndidi it actually makes it even worse.

There wasn't much point in my writing 'with the right personnel', was there? 

Personally have no issue with 3 at the back. Especially when we have a fully fit squad. I think it's the most 'square shapes for square holes' formation we have.

Tell me this team doesn't look incredible.

Kasper

Fofana Evans Soyuncu

Ricardo Ndidi Youri Castagne

Maddison Barnes

Vardy

Edited by AKCJ

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

There wasn't much point in my writing 'with the right personnel', was there? 

Your missing my point. With any personal it makes us more defensive and passive.
532 will NEVER be an attacking formation with any personal.

Its a defensive handbrake formation, that with our better players, will give us more attacking threat than with our weaker players, but it’s not an attacking formation EVER.

Just now, deanolegend1989 said:

Your missing my point. With any personal it makes us more defensive and passive.
532 will NEVER be an attacking formation with any personal.

Its a defensive handbrake formation, that with our better players, will give us more attacking threat than with our weaker players, but it’s not an attacking formation EVER.

Even converting it quickly to 352 or even 343?