Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Fulham (H) pre match

Key tonight will be professionalism and patience. Yes theyve struggled but any team in this league is capable of making you pay on an off day. 

Would like to see us get greater support to Vardy and be more ruthless. Sometimes feels like we want too many passes in around the the box. 

Fingers crossed for a win without nervy finish!

7 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Spurs on 21 points, we're on 18, which if we win takes up to 21 points ......so equal top? 

No idea what point you're trying to make?

That after the match we will be either 1st, 2nd or 4th

there is no result that would see us "equal top"

This myth of it being a bad thing turning up playing a back five against lower teams needs to be shot down.

it was no issue to Chelsea under Conte when they turned up playing 5-2-3 every week and won the league... or more recently Wolves.

It’s less about formations and systems, more about the fluidity in positions and mentality/approach to the game. 

• Like 1

Having watched Fulham a bit recently there defence is definitely something to get at.

They were poor against Everton and only really got going when Ruben Loftus Cheek came on in second half and he could drive with the ball getting them up the pitch.

They have been missed a lot of pens and Mitrovic is limited but effective. Lookman also a danger man but depends which one turns up.. the one who drives past defenders or one who plays it safe.

They have contributed massively to opposition goals simply by overplaying at the back and getting caught out.

I expect us to have too much for them but hope we switch to 4-1-4-1 with a pressing style and we can easily press them into mistakes. 

Vardy and Barnes would be thinking there's goals in for them today.

3-1 Leicester

13 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

People talking about putting 6 past them, embarrassing. Any win is the main thing, they're an ok team who have looked better lately, which is just the type of team that usually beats us. It was only a week ago people were talking about beating a half injured Liverpool team 3 or 4 nil, look how that turned out.

embarassing and disrespectful . The sort of attitude that if displayed by Man U or Liverpool fans would rightly be called out 

• Like 1

The five at the back is an interesting one. Whilst it undoubtedly is negative/conservative. It's not a Rogers reaction thing. He has pretty much decided it's his preferred formation, regardless of opposition. He feels defensive stability first - attacking/creativity second. Yes it's regressive and in my view unnecessary. But it is his new vision so don't be too surprised when we have 3 CBs this eve. 

12 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

This is the most pendatic thing I've heard in a long time. You must be fun at parties.

I wouldnt waste your time replying mate. It is the same with pretty much every post they write. Surprised he hasn't some how got in how poor they thinks Barnes is and he should be stoned to death for the odd bad pass, cross or shot. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

We absolutely, categorically, under no circumstances should be playing five at the back against these. 

We need to be maximising our attacking and creative players. Madders and YT to start with Mendy, Under and Barnes to start up with Vardy. 

No ****ing around, get back to the formation that actually gets us goals. 

Not saying you wrong about needing to change formation, bit we have scored more in first 9 game (18) this season, then we did last years first 9 games (16).

I'd be surprised if we change, BR seems to like it. 

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

I agree ...  Fulham could well be a banana skin for us (as Lizzy says above they've deserved more than they have got in some games) unless we really go for it.

Get in !!!

2 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

This game will be a horrible banana skin if it is one. 

Hopefully we play an attacking system and spank em.

There’s a definite banana skin attack attack attack !! .feel to this thread ....  

Folk who hate 3 at the back, begrudgingly through gritted teeth acknowledge the exceptional results vs Man City, Arsenal, Leeds, Braga and Wolves at home but then quickly criticise the system as we supposedly don't create many chances in it. Or is it the opposition in the majority of those games? I don't recall us creating too much in any of those fixtures in previous seasons, Braga and Leeds aside and for the most we played 4 at the back.

We played 4-1-4-1 at home to West Ham this season and got spanked and had about 2 decent shots all game in the final minutes. I think that's what made Rodgers consider 3 at the back again so soon after. 

I prefer 4-1-4-1 at home to dross, but I can appreciate the benefits of how Rodgers has deployed this system and it has its place here. We aren't a win away from being level on points with 1st without good reason, not being unbeaten in Europe and scoring a decent amount of goals yet again. 

• Like 3

Loftus-Cheek concerns me.  I think he is a class act.

However, if I were a Fulham fan, I'd be worried about quite a few Leicester players.

This is the sort of game that makes me nervous.  We should win but football...

Actually, lots of games make me nervous.