Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Fulham (H) pre match

23 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Sounds like castagne not back for this?

Rodgers said this week he would have the 'same squad' so that would mean he's damaged his hamstring again. 

6FE4B475-E146-4813-B84F-25A1E8EA6B83.thumb.jpeg.1209996a931d26ffe5231906f098b374.jpeg

This game is going to be interesting for us because Mitrovitch has been playing in the hole the last time I seen him play and that will be a mismatch against Mendy. So Fofana may have to step out of the back to support him. They have looked decent without getting results. That tells me we need to keep the tempo up and keep them under pressure.

What is important is the attitude Brendan sends them out with. We should be imposing our game on them and let them deal with it.despite the possible Banana skin I think we'll win comfortably. 

2 hours ago, Blanchflower78 said:

352 sitting deep and looking to break on their pressure will be hugely dissapointing to see...

...there are two ways of playing in that formation!!!

1. We play with intensity and go tight on the opposition and suffocate them.

2. We sit and attempt to set traps and hit on the break.

The first option is an uptempo style which brings all the players together working for each other and will frustrate the opposition. The Latter will not give us the intensity that we need and then it is about individuals winning individual battles as opposed to covering each other, irrespective of who is supposed to be picking up who.

It seems it does not matter who we bring in to the team we are an up tempo team and that is us at our best.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

This game is going to be interesting for us because Mitrovitch has been playing in the hole the last time I seen him play and that will be a mismatch against Mendy. So Fofana may have to step out of the back to support him. They have looked decent without getting results. That tells me we need to keep the tempo up and keep them under pressure.

What is important is the attitude Brendan sends them out with. We should be imposing our game on them and let them deal with it.despite the possible Banana skin I think we'll win comfortably. 

Liverpool targeted pappy physically and stopped us having any control of the ball ...a good manager will have noted that .....

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 2

On 28/11/2020 at 05:37, Danny Clender said:

Other than a few cup comp games down the years, the odd league game here or there, and Matt Elliott’s 'Robbie Savage / Geoff Horsefield' story, we have very little history with Fulham

Do share. Never heard about this and googled it and got nothing. 🙏

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Liverpool targeted pappy physically and stopped us having any control of the ball ...a good manager will have noted that .....

Exactly, Which is why Fofana needs to step forward to assist Mendy, At least while we get control of the game.

I don't like the way we invite teams onto our penalty area before stopping them. we need to move that line further from our Goal.

These are the games Brendan needs to be brave and find out exactly what he has in the squad. If we keep the tempo up then they will find it hard to live with us.

• Like 1

I’m with many of you in that high tempo from the get go will be key. Overwhelm them!

i know we’ll create a ton of chances when we play on the front foot. I just hope our attacker’s are clinical on the day. Can’t emphasize how important that is. Hope Barnes has his shooting boots on and Vardy bags a few too.

6 goals would be a massive ask, but hell, we've put 5 past Man City and 4 past Braga and Leeds, why the hell not? Any high-scoring win would be a pretty serious statement of intent, even if our GD doesn't pip Spuds this week.

It's our defence conceding 6 in the last two games, even with some Kasper heroics in both, that's more of a concern to me. Let's be real, we have the attacking quality to win the game comfortably, but a 3-1 or a 4-2 would be a decent bet.

Really think we need to go back to a back 4. I'd like to see Kasper, Justin, Fofana, Evans, Fuchs, Mendy, Tielemans, Maddison, Under, Barnes, Vardy. 

With the creativity of Tielemans and Maddison and pace of that front 3, we could overwhelm them. We need to attack them with a high tempo from the off. They have played some decent stuff this season and haven't got the results their performances have deserved, but of we seriously want to be aiming for the champions league places, these games are must win. Brendan needs to get his team selection and tactics spot on.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, KFS said:

People actually looking for 6 lol 

This is one of them shithouse banana skin Leicester classics written all over it. Would love wins here and Thursday. 

Why not?

This club has shown that nothing in football is impossible.

Though it might be a tough ask, as all players will need to play greatly (for example, Barnes needs to at least hit all of his expected chances on target for a start..:whistle:).

Edited by Wymsey
  • Haha 1

This as all the hallmarks of a Foxes foul up. Everyone’s tipping us and even Fulham fans are hoping at best for a narrow defeat. My money is on Fulham to soften the blow of an embarrassment. Sorry but just pray I lose my bet. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

This as all the hallmarks of a Foxes foul up. Everyone’s tipping us and even Fulham fans are hoping at best for a narrow defeat. My money is on Fulham to soften the blow of an embarrassment. Sorry but just pray I lose my bet. 

Nah, I’ve played my triple FPL Captain token on Vards this week so your bet will be safe as houses.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Keep seeing people say castagne is out. Is there a source for this? Haven't seen anything myself and there wasn't a press conference dut to playing abroad on Thursday. 

Source: Brendan. 

Interview on the club website and stated we'd the same squad as last week so sadly no Timmy.

On 26/11/2020 at 21:01, HankMarvin said:

Another shit kick off time 

Another shit kick off day if I'm honest, but that does come with the territory of European football. I do miss the 3pm on Saturdays.

We need to take this game to Fulham. One goal and the floodgates open. Give 'em hell Foxes!

On 27/11/2020 at 05:14, Lcfc-1992 said:

Schmeichel

Castagne (hopefully)

Fofana

Evans

Justin

Mendy

Tielemans

Under

Maddison

Barnes

Vardy

Agree except Praet in for Maddison please if we start both Under and Barnes.

The more likely scenario for Rodgers is Praet and Maddison will both play with Under on the bench.