Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Fulham (H) pre match

Was watching the sky sports youtube channel and an interesting fact popped up that the only teams to have created fewer chances per game from open play than Arsenal are Burnley and Leicester, we're also second lowest in shots (we have played only 9 games tbf) to newcastle. The results have been good but this 3ATB has been dreadful and we've really been lucky with our results so far, if we start with 3 centrebacks we will struggle, even against fulham.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

We absolutely, categorically, under no circumstances should be playing five at the back against these. 

We need to be maximising our attacking and creative players. Madders and YT to start with Mendy, Under and Barnes to start up with Vardy. 

No ****ing around, get back to the formation that actually gets us goals. 

I agree but in the continued absence of Timmy and Ric, I fear that Brendan will be worried about playing a back 4 with either Fuchs or Thomas at LB or alternatively Albrighton at RB (and JJ at left back). So I think he'll probably over-compensate by playing a 3rd CB but really hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

We absolutely, categorically, under no circumstances should be playing five at the back against these. 

We need to be maximising our attacking and creative players. Madders and YT to start with Mendy, Under and Barnes to start up with Vardy. 

No ****ing around, get back to the formation that actually gets us goals. 

I agree ...  Fulham could well be a banana skin for us (as Lizzy says above they've deserved more than they have got in some games) unless we really go for it.

Get in !!!

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

They have actually turned the corner after a shocker of a start.  Their recent results have not been too shabby.  Any win would be a great result. This will not be easy.

A well reasoned comment and a sensible approach, for you personally. 

For me, I'm going for 6-0 top of the table and going to drink my body weight in peroni and fall asleep on the sofa afterwards no doubt. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Was watching the sky sports youtube channel and an interesting fact popped up that the only teams to have created fewer chances per game from open play than Arsenal are Burnley and Leicester, we're also second lowest in shots (we have played only 9 games tbf) to newcastle. The results have been good but this 3ATB has been dreadful and we've really been lucky with our results so far, if we start with 3 centrebacks we will struggle, even against fulham.

We havent been lucky in any of our wins, they've just been controlled.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

hate 6.00 o clock kick offs will be a tough game if we turn up like we did at Liverpool then it will be a long game.

be interesting to see the line up, our quality should see us throw if we turn up

you'll be disgusted at the 5.30pm kick off then!

• Haha 4

38 minutes ago, Lizzy said:

Watched a few games by Fulham and they deserved more than they got in those games.

Mitrović is decent.

But i'll go for a 2-1 victory.

They have been much improved in recent games and have been unfortunate not to get anything out of a few. I don't see this being as straightforward as some suggest.  Unfortunately, as happened to us in 14/15, when you're down the bottom of the table you regularly don't get any luck. Whilst I hope that changes for Fulham in the coming weeks I don't want it starting tonight :nono:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I agree but in the continued absence of Timmy and Ric, I fear that Brendan will be worried about playing a back 4 with either Fuchs or Thomas at LB or alternatively Albrighton at RB (and JJ at left back). So I think he'll probably over-compensate by playing a 3rd CB but really hope I'm wrong.

These are absolutely shit. If Thomas can't be trusted to play left back in a four against one of the worst teams in the league, with a strong three man midfield in front of him and two of our first choice CBs inside, plus Barnes for help, he shouldn't be anywhere near the first team squad. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Win tonight and we'll be equal top yet we've been 'dreadful'......sorry what?

• Like 1

Just now, honeybradger said:

The 3atb is dreadful, our players have been individually good at moments to carry us through games but our ability to create chances is one of the worst in the league at the moment.

'3rd bottom in the chances created league - you'll never sing that!'

• Haha 1