Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Fulham (H) pre match

If ever there was a game to return to a back 4, this is it surely? 

Put them under pressure and we will score goals. They do have some decent attacking players to be fair so wouldn't surprise me if we did stick with the back 3. But if we do then we need to play the wing backs higher up the pitch. 

3 minutes ago, Fox42 said:

This. Don’t underestimate them. After coming so close to getting something vs West Ham and they played some really good stuff vs Everton, we need to stay cautious and switched on. Don’t disrespect them. 

I agree. Out of the sides at the bottom at the moment, they have played the best football in spells. Complacency is a no no. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

4-1-4-1 don't play a back five at home against these.

It will be interesting to see if we change back to this formation for this game. I totally agree with you in that we should set up that way, but there is an argument from a coaching perspective that if you want to improve with a certain system, it's important to play in that system to practice it. So I could definitely see Rodgers starting in that shape and changing later on.

• Like 1

Their manager criticised them in their last game for the exact same reason Rodgers criticised the players against Liverpool - lack of aggression.

Think this will be a lot tougher than people are expecting. Loftus-Cheek will start and they looked a different side with him on Sunday. 

Hopefully Castagne is fit. As well as Albrighton’s done would love to see two proper full backs again.

5 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Their manager criticised them in their last game for the exact same reason Rodgers criticised the players against Liverpool - lack of aggression.

Think this will be a lot tougher than people are expecting. Loftus-Cheek will start and they looked a different side with him on Sunday. 

Hopefully Castagne is fit. As well as Albrighton’s done would love to see two proper full backs again.

I don’t think Albrighton has done well. To hasty for Liverpool’s second goal and poor defensively against braga. Rather have Justin as wing back. 

Counting backwards...

Thursday...I wouldnt even send Vardy or Tielemans...Give also Schmeichel a day off....

Monday....Lets see First ,which players just might return from injury, if any..!!

of present 1St choice, I have concerns if Evans is Really Match fit & Carrying a niggle..

Kasper

Justin - Fofana - Evans - Fuchs

Mendy

Under - Tielemans - Maddison - Barnes

Vardy

I can't see any of the absentees starting after a long time out. Castagne is probably closest to starting but think he will be on the bench to start off with.

It's not a game to play 5 at the back but given thats all we've played, I can't see Rodgers changing it. Even if we did, I can't see Fulham playing defensively so there should be space for Vardy and Barnes to exploit.

This is a game where Tielemans could show his class and flourish once again.