Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 2-2 Man Utd - Post Match Thread

1 hour ago, jmono84 said:

We kept Fernandes quiet for most of that game but he got a very lucky assist and scored from a simple straight run into our box 🤣🤣

Sometimes certain players have all the luck. Frustrating how we allowed that space for him to run into, embarrassing defending.

You know as a general rule, that the harder you work the luckier you seem to get  ................

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

He got very badly injured today, but then a miracle of the festive season occurred, and he rose miraculously. 

terrible that was, his own player even passed it to him soon as the ball hits him up he gets straight up and starts trying to play, pure vermin.

Edited by whoareyaaa

20 hours ago, Stadt said:

Happy with a point but we’re so flimsy centrally. Tielemans and Maddison are so easy to play through and it’ll keep costing us. Praet isn’t the answer long term but he’s not a hologram like those two are most of the time.

Ndidi, Tielemans, Maddison midfield produced the best football I've ever seen City play. Lately, yes, it has looked disjointed, but I think they need Perez in there rather than Albrighton. Perez is much more technically savvy and doesn't cross the ball 24/7. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Maddison was not poor. He created loads of space for Youri to dictate the play by drawing the midfielders towards him off the ball with his movement.  Football is not all about what you do with the ball personally when your team is in possession its about the 11 players working together. 

THANK YOU!

5 hours ago, jmono84 said:

We kept Fernandes quiet for most of that game but he got a very lucky assist and scored from a simple straight run into our box 🤣🤣

Sometimes certain players have all the luck. Frustrating how we allowed that space for him to run into, embarrassing defending.

Dirty little runt should have been of for the number fouls he committed on our players, but while your 12 man is the ref that will never happen.

4 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

Dirty little runt should have been of for the number fouls he committed on our players, but while your 12 man is the ref that will never happen.

You’re right ...   we’ll know we’ve made it to the top table when refs give us a little helping hand.

10 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Literally the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on FT and that bar is high :jawdrop:

Not often I agree with Shearer's overpaid powers of analysis and I'm not sure of this admittedly but it appears to me that Vardy should have moved towards goal with the defenders and realised quickly that he'd get a better chance by doing the opposite. Madison who I think passed to him should have logically put the ball between the defenders and goal line but equally quickly picked up Vardy's movement and reacted equally quickly unless he got lucky and mishit the pass. Without stop motion I'm not sure but thats how it looks to me. Vardy certainly has the wonderful ability to very accurately read the flight of the ball earlier than most whether its in the air or low. How else did he get to head his goal against spurs , the defender looks favorite right up to the moment Vardy heads it. You could say in both cases he deserved his "luck". One of you younger guys with faster eyes might be able to tell .

Edited by Alan Frost

22 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Back 5 I wouldnt swap for any, but they're all quality players. I'd take Fernandes in a heart beat. Absolute willy puller, but ridiculous talent. Martial is a brilliant dribbler, Rashford an amazing talent, Cavani is an elite player, Greenwood could be a monster of a player too. 

They have enough individual brilliance to produce a quality team to challenge the top 4 easily.

Agree with all of that except Rashford who for a long while was very selfish IMO  and often should have passed altho not passing gave him a few briiliant goals and wasted many more when  a pass might have resulted in a goal. Luckily ( as against us on Sunday). he's turning into a poor finisher .I still can't believe that Pogba has deteriorated that much from his performances for France only a few years back but he'll probably have to return to France to prove himself. again. Just occasionally  he seems to forget for a second he's playing for a non-French manager and side and still produces it. Don't think he'd be much good for us though .none glamourous English side with an Irish manager, much as I love them.