Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 2-2 Man Utd - Post Match Thread

5 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

For me, he takes Evans place in a back three alongside Fofana and Soyuncu....

Not for me, whether it's JJ, Fofana or Soyuncu, like Maguire before them, they all need an Evans to martial and keep and eye on them. I think it's this part of Evans game, his positioning and guidance that some people don't quite give him due credit for. Sometimes the 'young bucks' need to be held back and learn from a master.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, teblin said:

Play Ricardo instead of albrighton.

So the real question becomes what do we do with albrighton when Ricardo is fit. He's been absolutely brilliant (almost as good as JJ) in the last few games and has a really good partnership with JJ. 

I still think man for man and as a team we're much better than ManU. I'll happily take the point, especially after coming from behind twice. How Bruno stays on the pitch I have zero idea. But it's the same way Pogba manhandles Ndidi and gets nothing but if it was Ndidi he'd be carded. I'd love some sort of deep dive analysis into how a team like ManU is treated by refs. If nothing else to draw a line under whether I'm just imaging it or there's a real underlying accusation to be aimed at referees. Maybe MOTD could do something... hahahahaha what am i thinking. Watched the Saturday BBC football program before the match and apparently both Lawrence and Leon Osman have us bottling it in the second half of the season. You know because we did it last season. Lawrence and his "I think they've had a few injures". They get paid lots of money for their lazy BS. It's mad. 

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

This is why we have such a long way to go. Footballing terms, we're kixking that door of the top 6. Financially, we have some way to catch up.

..financially we will never get to the same level as the big boys!!!

There is a ceiling,  in respect of our potential for development regarding incoming revenue, but we can compete on the pitch, because we scout well and buy well.

• Like 2

Guest StevieLynex
55 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

The real question is what do we do with JJ when Ricardo is fit?

Play both - JJ wing back, Ricky rt midfield

Just now, Babylon said:

He was IMO. His highlight was getting booked for taking their man down. Added nothing to our performance other than negatives today. 

Barnes doesn't score without getting the pass from Maddison. So yeah that's a weird way of adding nothing to our performance and only negatives. 

29 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Chuffed with that point to be honest. We didn’t really show that much quality and did well to earn a draw.

Bruno Fernandes is a ****ing horrible rat. He gives me Suarez levels of anger. 

Also funny how no one has given Brendan “no plan B” Rodgers any credit for bringing Perez on. 

he had no choice we were 2-1 down and he had to do something. Rodgers should have made the changes earlier so Perez saved him from criticism on this thread really

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, oxtonfox said:

he had no choice we were 2-1 down and he had to do something. Rodgers should have made the changes earlier so Perez saved him from criticism on this thread really

Haha how does that work. Does Rodgers never get any credit then? He brought him on and was impactful. Rodgers should get as much credit for that change as Perez should for being productive immediately. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spacemunky said:

Damn me for sleeping in this morning. Missed the match and checked the score, although I'm still going to watch it anyway.

I had the alarm set for 5.00am and the coffee maker set. Bacon, eggs & beans at half time. It was a good morning !

Edited by gurru991
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Haha how does that work. Does Rodgers never get any credit then? He brought him on and was impactful. Rodgers should get as much credit for that change as Perez should for being productive immediately. 

He should also get questioned why the hell the change wasn’t made earlier when the person he replaced was clearly gubbins on the day.

• Like 2

I was impressed by Barnes-  he is normally a threat against smaller teams but I thought this season he is starting to replicate this against bigger teams-  he played well against City and now Man United.   I missed Arsenal and Spurs game although and Liverpool is obviously a non starter.

20 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

He could’ve brought Perez on earlier and he could’ve been shit, then Rodgers would’ve gotten slaughtered. 

There are things that he got wrong today, but it’s swings and roundabouts.

My point is, every manager we have gets accused of having “no plan b”. Yet when they do make a change that comes off, they don’t get credit.

Edited by RonnieTodger