Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 2-2 Man Utd - Post Match Thread

13 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Oh come on. I know he'll get credited with an assist but it was barely a 5 yard sideways pass under no pressure. Barnes then runs with it and hits a rocket from 20+ yards lol

Yup, but Like Barnes got his shot right ...Madders 5 hard pass was briliant.. He might of passed it elsewhere...lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, KingsX said:

hys.JPG.4f3d8d2fe1df424bb9e961f4a1d0337f.JPG

This is why I hate United so much with a passion. Their fans and players are elitist pricks. Including ex players like Scholes. He came across like such a kant today. I would really not miss that club if they ceased to exist. Diabolical fans/players. There isn't a team despise more..... 

Did I mention I don't perticularly like them? 

Edited by hejammy
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

Oh come on. I know he'll get credited with an assist but it was barely a 5 yard sideways pass under no pressure. Barnes then runs with it and hits a rocket from 20+ yards lol

I'm in agreement, no "assist" like this should be classed as an assist. A assist should be a pass or cross that requires one or 2 touches to score, any more and it's self created. 

Not having the extra channels have only seen goals on LCFC website.Our defence not great for either but no serious criticism. Barnes goal confirms progress he's making,  a very good goal ,nothing looks on when he receives the ball. Vardey's goal much better then radio commentary makes it sound. The step and a half away from goal to give him some space was perfect and he seemed to anticipate it before the pass started . MOTD has a lot of matches so don't suppose we'll get more than ten minutes of highlights but that will be very welcome after listening to the IMO appalling BBC Radio Leicester commentary.Almost impossible to get any picture of any stage of the game but at least I picked up the names of the commentators and know what to avoid when I have a choice. I never saw either in action in their playing careers, that I remember, and while I gather they were rated as players,one pretty highly, they should never be allowed near a commentary microphone. Both apparently totally  unaware that the main job as a commentator is that they are the eyes for the many of us with no sight of the pitch.

Edited by Alan Frost
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

They have barely a full Premier League season of games combined between them in their careers. 

Loads of potential between them but they're going to make loads and loads of mistakes as well. 

Just think a back three makes us weirdly exposed at times when it ought not too, Evans has also been guilty of being in no man's land and he's as good and as experienced as they come. The formation is jekyll and hyde for us.

It was a decent game to watch and what pleased me most was that we're battling for 50/50s which we weren't doing before.

A great goal from Harvey despite Utd using 2 players to watch him, this will give him great confidence and hopefully we will see more.  

They got a little lucky with the first, but our positioning was poor, Albrighton should have been coming around on the cover for Justin.

He looked tired and should have been replaced by Peroz earlier. I doubt we will see him play on Monday.

I'd play Peroz in Maddisons place as I think he offers a better goal threat and is due a run in the team. Maddison is a bit hit and miss lately. and I think he needs to build up his fitness and stamina.

As for the game when you consider the gulf in spending we can be proud of ourselves.

I can see the team really coming together nicely, We just have to keep up the consistency, cut down on the misplaced passes and add a few more faces.

Today was another small step towards the top 4.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Just think a back three makes us weirdly exposed at times when it ought not too, Evans has also been guilty of being in no man's land and he's as good and as experienced as they come. The formation is jekyll and hyde for us.

Most defenders have spent their whole lives from 7 or 8 years old learning to play in a back four, with full backs and wingers doubling up down flanks and defensive midfielders covering centre backs. 

You get used to patterns of play and where people will be and where opponents are coming from. 

To go toe-to-toe with an in form ManU and come away with a draw - I'll take it.  Barnes looks to be taking the next step as his finishing (knock wood) has become so much better.  Wilf and Youri were excellent as I thought was Fofana. Brendan got the Ayoze sub right in that it led to a goal.  I agree that he may have waited a bit too long to make the move but I'll take it. When you're up against a team that can bring talent like Cavani and Pogba off the bench - that's not an easy task. But a real good result. 

Would love to see a move at the window for a Cavani-like veteran striker who can give them 15-20 minutes and make a difference.

2 hours ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Considering we have so many admirers of our defenders it's quite concerning how vulnerable we look all too often. Individually they have many positive attributes but collectively it feels like we cant quite find that balance. Again today united opened them up on numerous occasions and won the overwhelming majority of aerial duals in both boxes. 

So are we as strong as we think we are back there, or, do we struggle much higher up the pitch and fail to open up others in the way they do with us 🤔

It might have something to do with all the injuries. It's been a long time since we had a settled back line that picks itself, and we've still got Soyuncu and Ricardo to return. Most of our defenders are either young or at least fairly new to the league or both, as well.

• Like 2

Re the defence, we probably got away with it a bit, but with Cags for we probably would have played a back three. I think this is why we got pulled apart a bit. United are wank by their standards, but Rashford Martial and co are enough to give you. Headache, they are capable of pulling defences around and I think we got pulled into that trap little bit. With Cags Fofana and Evans playing it may not have been the case, because we would have been about to get more men behind the ball.

I was happy with the point after recent home defeats but was really disappointed with the ref because before fernandes goal he should have not been on the pitch as he was booked but seemed to get away with 2 solid yellow card fouls+cavani should have been suspended from the hand around the throat of an Everton player.

Man u always get the special treatment.

19 minutes ago, Wortho said:

When you consider united’s squad they should be a shoe-in for the top 4. They’ve  a massively talented team which makes our point today so well deserved. Well done the players and management.

United should be a shoe in for the title race with that squad. 

Look at their side and bench today, quality throughout. 

• Haha 1