Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 2-2 Man Utd - Post Match Thread

3 hours ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Considering we have so many admirers of our defenders it's quite concerning how vulnerable we look all too often. Individually they have many positive attributes but collectively it feels like we cant quite find that balance. Again today united opened them up on numerous occasions and won the overwhelming majority of aerial duals in both boxes. 

So are we as strong as we think we are back there, or, do we struggle much higher up the pitch and fail to open up others in the way they do with us 🤔

Agree we often look vulnerable.
Hopefully that balance will come with our strongest defence. Something we've not yet had the luxury of this season.

41 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

United should be a shoe in for the title race with that squad. 

Look at their side and bench today, quality throughout. 

I'm not sure what all the Manure love fest is all about? From their team who would you rather have instead of one of ours? Perhaps fernandes (but he's also a ****), maybe Rashford and Cavani. Wouldn't really have anyone else over our squad. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

I'm not sure what all the Manure love fest is all about? From their team who would you rather have instead of one of ours? Perhaps fernandes (but he's also a ****), maybe Rashford and Cavani. Wouldn't really have anyone else over our squad. 

Back 5 I wouldnt swap for any, but they're all quality players. I'd take Fernandes in a heart beat. Absolute willy puller, but ridiculous talent. Martial is a brilliant dribbler, Rashford an amazing talent, Cavani is an elite player, Greenwood could be a monster of a player too. 

They have enough individual brilliance to produce a quality team to challenge the top 4 easily.

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Back 5 I wouldnt swap for any, but they're all quality players. I'd take Fernandes in a heart beat. Absolute willy puller, but ridiculous talent. Martial is a brilliant dribbler, Rashford an amazing talent, Cavani is an elite player, Greenwood could be a monster of a player too. 

They have enough individual brilliance to produce a quality team to challenge the top 4 easily.

The question is if you only think maybe 3 or 4 players you'd swap (personally I'd only take Fernandes and Rashford) you think manure should be top 4 easily? By that reckoning do you think we are also top 4 easily? Honestly I don't see the infatuation some people have with them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Shoe in for the title race? They’re way off. Cavani and Fernandez are the only two world class players they have. They’re top six but a million miles away from the title race. 

I've run out of rep points, but I agree. Struggling to see what people like about their squad, other than those two you mentioned. Their defence is awful.

Now watched MOTD and Youtubes (8.55-superbly endited). Confirmed excellence of Vardy's and Barne's goals and Justin's huge contribution.My impression Radio Leicester commentary must have been a different match. Schmichael also excellent. But Radford outstanding, for us, in missing 2/3 easyish chances.

Edited by Alan Frost
  • Like 1

A good and well deserved point. The first of two things that pleased me the most was that we responded to a losing position twice to get a result, which we haven't done domestically since September having slumped to disappointing defeats against Fulham, West Ham, Everton etc where we have gone a goal down and struggled to break them down. Secondly it was a point more than we managed against United last season over two fixtures and slightly improves our god awful record against them.

Outside of a few glimpses of Fernandes' brilliance on the ball picking out Rashford - whose movement was excellent and finishing was far from excellent - I actually thought United offered very little and we restricted a team who are capable of running riot in patches of the game pretty well. Justin and Castagne were both superb and managed the runners from out wide on the break well. They marked James, who shat on Leeds last week, out of the game and handled Rashford and Martial well enough. How the **** Fernandes didn't get a second yellow I don't know though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Anglodanglo said:

Agree we often look vulnerable.
Hopefully that balance will come with our strongest defence. Something we've not yet had the luxury of this season.

Agree as well, we haven’t quite got the balance right at home yet. 

We play a high line, with our full backs getting forward as much as possible so teams press Tielemans especially to try to get a turnover of possession and set up a counter attack. 

The lack of physicality in central midfield means we’ve been vulnerable to this and it has cost us in a few games this season, for example vs Liverpool and Everton. 

Wouldn’t be averse to Chowdhury alongside Ndidi in midfield against certain sides. That does mean Tielemans would be pushed up the pitch rather than the pivot role but think that would give us more protection. Maddison would play on the right, inside of the full back, like how Praet linked up with Castagne. 

Personally I think we’ve come a hell of a long way when we consider there could be improvements when we get a draw against Man Utd especially after reading a few of the comments on red cafe where the consensus of opinion seems to be of a point away at Leicester a decent result.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

How on earth Fernandes stayed on the pitch I’ll never know. 

No ref. is ever going to give him a 2nd yellow for anything less than a 'flying dropkick' - a le Cantona. He's earned himself Teflon grade ref-proof protection by becoming United's main playmaker overnight. Too big to send off - although I don't think he did owt that bad yesterday - bar score and assist.

5 hours ago, orangecity23 said:

Mike Dean was awful today. Hard to believe it's the same ref from Villa vs Wolves the other week, when his whistle was going every 20 seconds and the yellow card barely spent any time in his pocket as he was giving them to everyone. Today, United were allowed to hack us down after the ball had gone repeatedly, and he just waved it away. The Rashford shot that was saved by Kasper starts with an obvious foul by Scott McTominay, he just grabs Youri and hurls him out the way and Dean wave it on as if he's reffing a rugby game. Fernandes lives a charmed life as well, seems to constantly be fouling, diving and arguing with opponents and the ref and doesn't get the booking he should for it. Should have been off today, should have been off when they played Everton a few weeks back. Will be interesting to see whether he or Grealish wins the much coveted Golden Scrote award at the end of the season.

I agree with what you said about both those incidents but in spite of that i think he actually refereed it well. Someone like Fernandes lashing out already on a 2nd yellow and not getting anything for it is so indicative of what Manchester United have always been in the premier league era though. If a Fulham player does that he's off 10 times out of 10.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

It was a decent game to watch and what pleased me most was that we're battling for 50/50s which we weren't doing before.

A great goal from Harvey despite Utd using 2 players to watch him, this will give him great confidence and hopefully we will see more.  

They got a little lucky with the first, but our positioning was poor, Albrighton should have been coming around on the cover for Justin.

He looked tired and should have been replaced by Peroz earlier. I doubt we will see him play on Monday.

I'd play Peroz in Maddisons place as I think he offers a better goal threat and is due a run in the team. Maddison is a bit hit and miss lately. and I think he needs to build up his fitness and stamina.

As for the game when you consider the gulf in spending we can be proud of ourselves.

I can see the team really coming together nicely, We just have to keep up the consistency, cut down on the misplaced passes and add a few more faces.

Today was another small step towards the top 4.

who's peroz?

We kept Fernandes quiet for most of that game but he got a very lucky assist and scored from a simple straight run into our box 🤣🤣

Sometimes certain players have all the luck. Frustrating how we allowed that space for him to run into, embarrassing defending.

19 hours ago, Hansifüx said:

vardy and maddison are overrated, another own goal which will count as a vardy goal .... Barnes and Fofana are boss  and thanks to them we have a point

Literally the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on FT and that bar is high :jawdrop:

Edited by FoyleFox
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

Just watched Fernandes finish as well and he went for pure power but scuffed it into a delicate finish in the bottom corner. Lucky boy this game

He could have fallen over and nose it into the goal and the pundits still would have wanked themselves silly over it.

• Like 1