Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 2-2 Man Utd - Post Match Thread

27 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Arsenal pay two players at least a a third of our weekly wage bill! 

they are a way bigger club than us , they have a great training ground and a long history of winning trophies 

why can’t we just accept that some clubs are bigger than us for lots of reasons and hence more attractive to players - seagrave and rodgers give us a bigger pull than we’ve had for some time and we may be able to claim to be the best option for a player away from the ‘big six’.  With Everton and West Ham out there, that’s a decent place to be ! 

So much sense here. Arsenal can be where they are but we don’t replace them after a couple of seasons playing above them. Spurs have done better then them for a few years but North London’s premier team remains the gunners. 

We are fair few trophies away from

being a bigger pull then Arsenal. Enjoy the ride in trying to get there.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

First draw of the season on Boxing day. Mental. Can't complain, really. Would have been over the moon beating these cvnts, but they're bang in form and we've twice come from behind to earn a point.

Absolutely unbelievable that Fernandes wasn't sent off. No doubt in my mind that he would have been gone if he had a blue shirt on.

Kept them below us on the table and got another tough match out of the way. Not bad at all.

Thought we were class today some great performances a couple of slip ups for both goals, Barnes took his goal with class glad to see he’s getting on the scoresheet again.

Thought the sub situation was a bit strange again late on Albrighton looked like he needed to come off around the 60 min mark, but all in all a superb display and a well deserved point to stay in the top 5 hunt onto Palace Monday let’s hope we get all 3 points there keep up our challenge for top spots !!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

The rhetoric from the pundits post match is ridiculously biased. They can't seem to get their heads around the league being a meritocracy and that some players might choose to play for little old leicester.

Also the fact that Savage is meant to represent leicester sickens me.

Depending on their career path in retirement, you may see a bit more positivity from "our" pundits in future. I'd imagine the likes of Schmeichel, Vardy, Morgan will be more partisan and biased.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

Take that all day long.

Positives

Tielemans turned into prime Iniesta today, especially first half

Negatives

Fvck knows how Maddison stayed on the pitch, poor again

Totally agree on YT.

As for Madders, I think Perez is better for these types of games in that 10 role. More tenacious and similar level of ability in tight situations. Maddison is frequently silenced in games like this and he just can't handle the physicality of playing against 2 more robust players. Big shame as he is class on his day, but would've been better saved for the next 2 games.

• Like 1

I didn’t think Madders was bad. I don’t think anyone really was, we just lapsed concentration a few times which cost us, but I think man for man we were decent. Wilf was a monster again. Like I said earlier, a bit more concentration and we probably would have won that game we were decent. 

• Like 2

My usual pre match pessimism was replaced by a feel good feeling this morning so I’m disappointed we didn’t win but happy with a point, if that makes any sense. 

They’re a decent side but the amount of luck and freakish breaks that goes their way makes them insufferable. Thrown in Maguire, Bruno f’in Fernandez,  Ole having a face I feel the need to repeatedly slap and the media love in and I’m really loathe them. The fact that we consistently don’t turn up, under perform and insist on shooting ourselves in both feet against them doesn’t help. 

11 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Thought we were class today some great performances a couple of slip ups for both goals, Barnes took his goal with class glad to see he’s getting on the scoresheet again.

Thought the sub situation was a bit strange again late on Albrighton looked like he needed to come off around the 60 min mark, but all in all a superb display and a well deserved point to stay in the top 5 hunt onto Palace Monday let’s hope we get all 3 points there keep up our challenge for top spots !!

Agreed. It was a good performance, and it was a great goal from Barnes.

I think the subs were being saved for Palace. I think there'll be a lot of changes and the subs today will be starting on Monday.

27 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

The real question is what do we do with JJ when Ricardo is fit?

Ricardo plays ! Think people are forgetting how good this guy is. One of the best right backs in Europe before injury, and provided he comes back at the levels pre injury, he plays.

Harsh on Justin, who is a brilliant guy to have in the squad, but he is still young and learning. If and when Ricardo goes, then it’s good to know we have a ready made replacement. 

• Like 2

Chuffed with that point to be honest. We didn’t really show that much quality and did well to earn a draw.

Bruno Fernandes is a ****ing horrible rat. He gives me Suarez levels of anger. 

Also funny how no one has given Brendan “no plan B” Rodgers any credit for bringing Perez on. 

Edited by RonnieTodger
  • Like 1