Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 2-2 Man Utd - Post Match Thread

27 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Haha how does that work. Does Rodgers never get any credit then? He brought him on and was impactful. Rodgers should get as much credit for that change as Perez should for being productive immediately. 

Maybe I'm being argumentative for the sake of it, but you could reason that had he brought Perez on earlier we might have had time to score another  (winning) goal.

- Youri was my clear MOTM

- I’ve never used this word before - but Bruno is a cvnt

- of course it would have been great to win, but you have to take that. At least one poster said the key word - determination. I think many called it during the tail spin last season that we lacked the necessary fight and strength - both mental and physical. Against Tottenham (Maddison disallowed goal, couple chances missed to put game away, resolute defending) and again today (pulling back twice in short order - something that seems to happen to us too often) we showed that determination. Overall it was a good solid performance and keeps our momentum going.

40 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Haha how does that work. Does Rodgers never get any credit then? He brought him on and was impactful. Rodgers should get as much credit for that change as Perez should for being productive immediately. 

..the substitution was late, in effect less time for Perez to affect the game, but Albrighton was becoming more ineffective and a liability the longer he stayed on the pitch. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Plastik Man said:

Deary me. Fortunately I've never seen him before. All that's wrong with modern football 🤣

My God this self isolating can seriously bring on insanity. Poor chap.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Plastik Man said:

Deary me. Fortunately I've never seen him before. All that's wrong with modern football 🤣

I don’t get it why the **** would you want to watch some random bloke watching a match . There’s a few of these absolute geeks who support other clubs and do the same . Just jog on . 

• Like 1

I'll take a point from that.

The rage in how good commentators think Pogba is when he came on is still coursing through my veins though.  You'd think they'd brought on the greatest player in the universe, rather than someone who can't get into their team ahead of Fred and McTominay.  I swear Hoddle reached climax.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

This is why we have such a long way to go. Footballing terms, we're kixking that door of the top 6. Financially, we have some way to catch up.

We'll get there. And we're going about it the right way - infrastructure, intelligent recruitment and incremental improvements. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Man u deserved the win but we will take that point! 

Jesus please let us sign another winger and a striker over the next 6 months that will let us properly compete with the top teams

Are you mad? They were shite..... without Bruno they’re absolutely bang average, and even he is an annoying little rat face. We don’t switch off in that game we win it.

• Like 1

Good point overall, we didn't create enough clear cut chances, and were caught out for the goals.

They kept trying that killer through ball, we should have anticipated it better.

They created nothing from wide positions, had 0 corners so it says it all.

Our garbage home form and their almost record equalling away form I feared the worst, but we battled well, ref was crap so all things considered it's a good point.

Could of been worse, thankfully rashford is better at feeding starving kids than scoring goals. If he weren't a manc and hadn't come through their academy he'd be no where near that team, he's distinctly average!

46 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Can't work out how it happened, but Fofana and Justin seemed to be all over the gaff

They have barely a full Premier League season of games combined between them in their careers. 

Loads of potential between them but they're going to make loads and loads of mistakes as well. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Albrighton was tremendous defensively today. Have another look I suggest. 

He's deservedly played his way into the team. I thought he did also contribute to our attack too, and though he is often a bit too direct he causes problems by getting it in so early. Right inside forward is definitely a position that is up for grabs, but against both Spurs and Man United, Albrighton more than proved his worth in both games. 

• Like 2

Considering we have so many admirers of our defenders it's quite concerning how vulnerable we look all too often. Individually they have many positive attributes but collectively it feels like we cant quite find that balance. Again today united opened them up on numerous occasions and won the overwhelming majority of aerial duals in both boxes. 

So are we as strong as we think we are back there, or, do we struggle much higher up the pitch and fail to open up others in the way they do with us 🤔