Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Crystal Palace 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

4 hours ago, Izzy said:

Oooo, Facecloth v Col.

Could be a good one this. 

I’m not arguing with Facecloth!

He could hit me with an annotated teamsheet or summat!

😀
The funny thing is people on here STILL think I mean everything I write and don’t realise that 70% of it is a wind up

Amartey is a great example

It’s funny to rev people up and watch them go after they’ve given me stick 

Edited by Col city fan

16 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

Bit harsh. Can’t say I know either of them personally.

I made the mistake of looking at their social media profiles about 4 years ago. 
I didn’t need to see anymore to conclude my opinion was bang on and unless they have both had a personality transplant,I very much doubt there would be much of a marked change. 

36 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

The way I see it is we gained 1 point against man utd and lost 2 here. 5 points from a tough Christmas period is no bad thing.

The next 3 league games are all winnable. Southampton have lost ings and are going through a sticky patch. Same with Chelsea. Newcastle are moaning about their manager.

The most frustrating thing for me is we're on the cusp of being a properly good team. I have to also say I thought we'd struggle up until January with the injuries but with Ricardo and soyuncu to come back there are some genuine selection headaches for Rodgers. 

With genuine competition for vardy and a winger who hits numbers like Barnes is starting to hit this team could genuinely challenge on three fronts in the second half of the season. That's frustrating and exciting at the same time as I doubt we'll get both of those options in jan, but it's the hope that kills you.

Well summed up Abrasive. 

This ‘matchday’ is bit of lottery with changes as well. 

If you want another positive spin, it’s a point more than Man U managed v Palace and the same as Spurs. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

We play Vardy from the start we win the game clear as daylight. Anyway onto Newcastle where we can win the game with our best 11. It would be nice if sign a player to boost us in January similar to when we signed Tielemans on loan in January.

Vardy is the difference between us being mid table and challenging the top 6. That's worrying and reassuring at the same time!

4 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

We play Vardy from the start we win the game clear as daylight. Anyway onto Newcastle where we can win the game with our best 11. It would be nice if sign a player to boost us in January similar to when we signed Tielemans on loan in January.

We win the game, lose Vardy for 3 matches and drop 9 points from the next 3. All possibilities a manager has to factor in, and with better data than we have available.

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

We win the game, lose Vardy for 3 matches and drop 9 points from the next 3. All possibilities a manager has to factor in, and with better data than we have available.

put it this way play Vardy from the start then sub him off at half time and play Iheanacho second half we win that game.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

People like @Facecloth take the forum far too seriously

I remember once taking our kid to Sheff Wednesday away and I was sat next to this real anorak of a bloke. During the game he kept fetching out his programme and marking down stats by the names of the players. He was pleasant enough, but clearly lived on his own and came to football on his own. He kind of lived for his football and his stats

I’ve wondered many times whether that bloke was Facecloth? Just how I’d imagine him. There’s many others the same though 

So can I take it that this is part of the 30% non-wind up part of your output Col?

For the record, I live on my own and often go to the football on my own - are you going to defame me too, or is it just reserved for @Facecloth

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

put it this way play Vardy from the start then sub him off at half time and play Iheanacho second half we win that game.

Or maybe Nacho scores his pen, Dennis scores his chance, and both Vardy and Youri have an extra rest

For sure, hindsight is a wonderful thing.  :thumbup:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

Or play Vardy from the start, we don't score, he ends up playing 90 minutes as we try to get a winner, ends up aggravating his groin injury and he's out for most of January.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

So can I take it that this is part of the 30% non-wind up part of your output Col?

For the record, I live on my own and often go to the football on my own - are you going to defame me too, or is it just reserved for @Facecloth

Not at all HPF

The thrust of my banter was at ‘anoraks’ and I feel convinced Facecloth and others possibly fall into this category

And if you read back a couple of pages you’ll notice that yet again it was actually Facecloth who started the to and fro of retorts, not me. In fact I’d ‘come clean’ and suggested I was too hasty aiming my blame yesterday at Brenda.

Of course, subjected to cheekiness of this nature, I felt compelled to ‘give as good as I got’

I’ll end here though because ‘defence’ on FT can be sometimes be misconstrued as ‘aggression’ and bans can follow (usually for the defendant) not the aggressor in my experience’

👍

Edited by Col city fan

19 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Rodgers is such a cock 

11 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

A point takes us second in the PL - in a season where we've been ravaged by first team injuries and also into the UEL KO stages - and that's your take???

3 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Just because we are second does not mean we should throw away points.  Rodgers is a very good coach - but he made a mistake here ... I hope he will learn from it

Nobody likes throwing away points. You called our manager a "cock". Seemed an extreme take to me.

9 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Not at all HPF

The thrust of my banter was at ‘anoraks’ and I feel convinced Facecloth falls into this category

And if you read back a couple of pages you’ll notice that yet again it was actually Facecloth who started the to and fro of retorts, not me. In fact I’d ‘come clean’ and suggested I was too hasty aiming my blame yesterday at Brenda.

Of course, subjected to cheekiness of this nature, I felt compelled to ‘give as good as I got’

👍

There is a danger in conviction of belief without evidence, Col. There's nothing worse than having a reputation formed by kangaroo court, so whatever the fault of @Facecloth in this badinage, I have some sympathy for him, as I know exactly how that feels. I ask you to consider this, as I suspect you are also victim of this phenomenon at times.

13 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

There is a danger in conviction of belief without evidence, Col. There's nothing worse than having a reputation formed by kangaroo court, so whatever the fault of @Facecloth in this badinage, I have some sympathy for him, as I know exactly how that feels. I ask you to consider this, as I suspect you are also victim of this phenomenon at times.

You’ve got me with the word ‘badinage’ there HPF?

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Its not banter though is it. I mentioned something you are known for doing, flipping your opinion to suit, claiming you said or never said something so you don't look stupid. I remember Manwell Pablo bringing up numerous posts you made about Roy Hodgsons England tenure, only to go and say the opposite and claim its what you thought all along. I'm not casting aspersions on you, I'm not making things up, claiming you're something you're not, these are known traits of yours by anyone regular user of the forum.

You are not just making assumptions about my posting style on here, you are making them about my whole way of life, and that goes much further than "banter" on a football forum.

Now before you start casting aspersions on the way I live, and how sad and lonely you imagine my life is (or actually you are convinced my life is) may I remind you, that you spend your spare time posting on a forum, and 70% of it is trolling and messing around. Now as your life is so much fuller and more interesting than mine I'm sure you'd have better things to do with your time than acting like a twat online, but apparently not :dunno:

You don’t like it, don’t give it...

So there’s no moral ground here for you to climb up on us there?

I said I imagine you as an anorak. That doesn’t mean you are does it. Whereas you seem to follow me around on here giving it the big un many times. That’s trolling my son

It was you who mentioned me this morning, not the other way round. Remember that...

Edited by Col city fan

8 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

You don’t like it, don’t give it...

You posted to touch a nerve, and so did i

So there’s no moral ground here for you to climb up on us there?

I said I imagine you as an anorak. That doesn’t mean you are does it. Whereas you seem to follow me around on here giving it the big un many times. That’s trolling my son

I've barely intereracted with you on here in ages lol I don't follow you around at all.

I'm afraid I do have the moral high ground. My comments regarding you are factual, you know you do it and so does everyone else. I'm not making assumptions, I'm not posting to touch a nerve, I'm just saying what's true. If it touched a nerve I think that proves a point, that's you have to be seen as right, so try this opinion flipping to look intelligent.

You haven't touched a nerve with me, because it isn't true, but what I don't appreciate is people making assumptions about my life away from this forum with absolutely nothing to back that up only their own imagination. I'm not being mean to you for the sake of it, I'm calling you out for the ridiculousness of what you do, whereas as you making stuff up about me, now that is trolling.

Now I'll await your post on Saturday when Forfana gets rinced by Joelinton and you claim you said we should have been starting Amartey all along lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

People like @Facecloth take the forum far too seriously

I remember once taking our kid to Sheff Wednesday away and I was sat next to this real anorak of a bloke. During the game he kept fetching out his programme and marking down stats by the names of the players. He was pleasant enough, but clearly lived on his own and came to football on his own. He kind of lived for his football and his stats

I’ve wondered many times whether that bloke was Facecloth? Just how I’d imagine him. There’s many others the same though 

Was that @Thracianby any chance ?  :D

15 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I've barely intereracted with you on here in ages lol I don't follow you around at all.

I'm afraid I do have the moral high ground. My comments regarding you are factual, you know you do it and so does everyone else. I'm not making assumptions, I'm not posting to touch a nerve, I'm just saying what's true. If it touched a nerve I think that proves a point, that's you have to be seen as right, so try this opinion flipping to look intelligent.

You haven't touched a nerve with me, because it isn't true, but what I don't appreciate is people making assumptions about my life away from this forum with absolutely nothing to back that up only their own imagination. I'm not being mean to you for the sake of it, I'm calling you out for the ridiculousness of what you do, whereas as you making stuff up about me, now that is trolling.

Now I'll await your post on Saturday when Forfana gets rinced by Joelinton and you claim you said we should have been starting Amartey all along lol

I can’t recollect anyone mentioning my name in a post for quite some time. There’s been plenty of replies and bants
You DO mention my name on purpose to get a reaction. You’ve done it before I recollect

The strange thing this morning was that you did as I was making it abundantly clear that I was too hasty yesterday re Brendan.
If that’s not humility I don’t know what is

I can’t remember how many times I’ve laughed at my own expense about ‘as I said all along’ and ‘as I told you before’. See the ‘if you were Brendan’ thread.

I’m laughing... I do it on purpose ffs especially over Clattermole and Jay Thomas

Thats why I say sometimes the forum is too serious.

I must have said Dan Amartey seems a lovely fella at least 10 times. But, I chuck in a few wind ups too to balance things up

Eg... FFS don’t start Big Dan... etc 

If you don’t find it funny, or worth reading, skip on past 

PS read your post back.. when the fook am I gonna say we should have started Amartey..😳

Edited by Col city fan

3 hours ago, nnfox said:

People need to stop going on about being 2nd and staying in the top 4.  We are only 4 points ahead of 9th and most teams have one or two games in hand

Agree. Saying we are second after a bad result is deflection tbh. . Especially as you said that a number of teams got a game or 2 in hand over us. 

Everton didn't play so we are second by default. United cam overtake us tonight. 

Edited by Koke