Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Crystal Palace 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Out of interest, pretty much all the blame for our goal seems to be firmly resting at the feet of Evans (presumably for not stopping the cross) or Justin (presumably for not being there at the back stick)?

Where was Amartey then? Does he get off Scot free on this, sometimes, ridiculous forum?

Is he not expected to be watching where Zaha was? Or was he in no mans land?

HONEST replies would be nice...

Ok it was all Amartey's fault. Happy now? Good. Now bore off.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

That pass from Justin was symptom of tiredness.

As I’ve said I’m more annoyed that Evans with all his experience allowed Townsend the angle to use his left foot, given his right foot (apart from a couple of flukes) is about as useful as a chocolate teapot. 

That’s a player with tons of experience failing to read that situation. Even telling Thomas to tuck inside rather than close down Townsend in that phase of play 

Yes after leaving the middle he had to win the Ball or commit a foul. When he wen't out Amartey moved into the center to cover for him and Zaha being the clever player peeled off and took full advantage of the space .

Kasper still should done better. But that's football.

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Out of interest, pretty much all the blame for our goal seems to be firmly resting at the feet of Evans (presumably for not stopping the cross) or Justin (presumably for not being there at the back stick)?

Where was Amartey then? Does he get off Scot free on this, sometimes, ridiculous forum?

Is he not expected to be watching where Zaha was? Or was he in no mans land?

HONEST replies would be nice...

Amartey is correctly positioned centrally. (If ball falls six yard box or penalty spot, he’s there in situ). 

Benteke peels to the back post which Justin covers.

Youri takes a step forward as the cross comes in and that’s why Zaha is lost. He can’t recover as Zaha goes around the back. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Amartey is correctly positioned centrally. (If ball falls six yard box or penalty spot, he’s there in situ). 

Benteke peels which Justin covers.

Youri takes a step forward as the cross comes in and that’s why Zaha is lost. He can’t recover as Zaha goes around the back. 

So the responsibility for marking Zaha in our own 6 yard box was Tielemans’?

It was a defensive shambles then wasn’t it

Edited by Col city fan

Just now, Col city fan said:

In that situation, a counter-attack where Tielemans is the nearest bloke to him yes.  In same way Tielemans has a responsibility to sort out his marking on corners at the moment. 

Take a look from the freeze frame alone, Tielemans has eyes on Zaha. Takes a step forward and loses his position. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Wes’s replacement is Amartey?

Fuchs’s replacement  is Thomas

Gray’s replacement is my Nan (or maybe Under)

So only the Slimani question to consider? (maybe better phrased as a Vardy successor?)

Amartey would be fine as a replacement aslong as he can keep fit, big question marks over that.

I always forget Thomas is a young lad, you may very well be right about that one.

Think we'll need another winger even if we sign Under myself, can't rely on just Barnes to score goals throughout the season, no other wide player seems to score more than 3 or 4 a season.

I am confused about the striker situation, we need a 3rd option but anyone who's going to be Vardys successor isn't going to come and play 5-10 times a year. Think we're gonna have to replace Iheanacho with Vardys successor (giving him 15 or so games a season plus sub appearances) and then get another striker in, ageing with European experience probably.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

In that situation, a counter-attack where Tielemans is the nearest bloke to him yes.  In same way Tielemans has a responsibility to sort out his marking on corners at the moment. 

Take a look from the freeze frame alone, Tielemans has eyes on Zaha. Takes a step forward and loses his position. 

Thank you

Questioned answered without all the childishness

👍

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

It was a defensive shambles then wasn’t it

No fault for the goal other than Youri. Lost his man, poor goalkeeping but he’s allowed a mistake every once in a while (distribution aside). 

8 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It does annoy me that Zaha seemed to have a lot of time to choose where to place that

Zaha does make a good run to give himself a lot of space, but in the photo below before he has even hit it, Tielemans and Justin know what is coming but neither of them really throw themselves in the way to block it, and I definitely think Schmeichel should cover his near post better (although from his positioning it seems like Kasper is expecting Zaha to play it back down to Benteke)

4FDC8364-35EC-4FA5-B273-88FCF08D4FC5.jpeg

Edited by moore_94

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

No hiding place for Kelechi anymore, he just isn’t what we need as Vardy’s understudy. We need better, as today’s result is lost because he can’t grab the game by the scruff of the neck.

He's not a replacement for Vardy and has performed best alongside him. I'd hope for more from him and Ayoze today though. The Praet Perez Nacho triangle didn't work for us sadly. They all had chances and duffed the lot. 

A lot of frustration comes from us having a weak squad I think. I dont want Brendan to play them because they're not good enough. 

Obviously some of the players will need a break, so the under studies have to come in. If we can replace Hamza, Albrighton, Slimani and add another winger (or 2 if Under doesnt stay). With better quality replacements then I think we will be in a much stronger position.

I think we will eventually, we cant afford to bring in 5 or 6 quality players in one season so it's a gradual process.

I'm annoyed we threw away the points today but I am willing to accept that Rodgers hands are somewhat tied with a limited squad outside the best 13/14 players.

Were crying out for more quality in the attacking positions. Hopefully now the training ground is sorted we can spend a bit more next summer. 

How close is this league btw?! Reminds me of last seasons Bundesliga around this point.

4 hours ago, NeilLCFC said:

This sort of result is exactly why I will never warm to Rodgers.

no way you can pin this on Rodgers. Had to rotate the squad. should have been put to bed in the first half an hour. thats not on Rodgers. Thats on one player and that's kelechi 

Edited by LCFCJ

11 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

He's not a replacement for Vardy and has performed best alongside him. I'd hope for more from him and Ayoze today though. The Praet Perez Nacho triangle didn't work for us sadly. They all had chances and duffed the lot. 

Yes but we need someone who is capable of playing both roles effectively. 
Someone coming off the bench to replace Vardy and occasionally starting as number 9 is needed in addition to the support striker.

I genuinely think Slim would be better over the course of a season.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, harpendenfox said:

Ridiculous to slam Rodgers for that outcome. We were by far the best team and should have won about 3-0. Kasper made a mess of the one shot he had to save, Kelechi made a mess of his pen, and we had loads of half decent opportunities.  I think we probably know that Hamza and Kelechi aren't what we need anymore. If only we could unearth a JJ style striker to learn from JV for a couple of years and gradually play more and more as he ages.

We're second, it's close at the top, there are loads of daft results - I refer you to Man City 1-1 WBA and Liverpool 1-1 WBA. We will not be immune from the occasional missed opportunity

That's a very well argued post. I've been quietly fuming since I saw the line up announced but you've helped me look at things in a more balanced way.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

And that backfired didn’t it

I have absolutely no doubt, that if Vardy or Tielemans had started and been injured, you would have been one of the many to scream and cry "they should never have started, Rogers needs to go"

Edited by marbles
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Col city fan said:

And that backfired didn’t it

Ndidi is just back from a long injury. Castagne has been out for a couple of months too. Vardy is 34 next month, he can't play every single game in such rapid succession. Tielemans got burnt out last year playing too much. Forfana is 19, you don't want to over play players at that age. Maddison clearly had a knock as he wasn't in the squad. 

If we'd played most of them and they got injured, you'd be moaning about starting them so soon after the Man Utd game.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 4

Feel absolutely gutted about the result today. Not really due to how we played or how good the first half was. Purely down to the fact that every result has gone for us another typical Leicester performance in that respect. Need a win at Newcastle now that won’t be as easy as it looks on paper. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SecretPro said:

There is a balance, and 8 changes is not it. Nacho should never have started the second half and Gray shouldn't even be on the bench. You rest several players, start with an almost full strength team, win the game early, make more subs. You don't change the entire team in a game where 3 points would almost be a given. Massive opportunity missed and now a long weeks rest until the next game. Players should be able to handle 2 games in 48 hours followed by a rest. I guarantee no other team makes that amount of changes in this run of games with such an obvious chance of taking 3 extremely important, valuable points. It makes the draw against united literally pointless. 

No game is a given in the PL.

• Like 1