Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Crystal Palace 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

4 minutes ago, Nalis said:

The difference between confidence and arrogance was personified yesterday when Iheanacho insisted on taking the penalty that he subsequently missed and when Gray insisted on taking the free kick late on...that he subsequently skied.

And that is what sums them both up as people and players.

9 minutes ago, Nalis said:

The difference between confidence and arrogance was personified yesterday when Iheanacho insisted on taking the penalty that he subsequently missed and when Gray insisted on taking the free kick late on...that he subsequently skied.

No problem with Iheanacho wanting the penalty. Who else takes it? Perez only option and he has scored one for us, but Iheanacho has to hasn't he? He certainly has a reputation of a good pen taker in training. 

We have seen Gray go close before but we all knew this Gray effort was going nowhere near. Perez effort in first half weren't much better, even if it was on target. I wonder if Thomas practices free kick because he's got a technique that looks suited to taking them. 

11 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

My Foxestalk new years resolution is to not post so quick in post match threads. I get far too emotional and probably post things in haste 

We all can do that mate if we let ourselves

A good example yesterday was I was with you on blaming Brendan during and after the game 

Then when someone posted a very good post about injuries and niggles it made me think again. He had Hobson’s choice really 

If that’s your only New Years ressy you ain’t doing bad mi old son

👍

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

My Foxestalk new years resolution is to not post so quick in post match threads. I get far too emotional and probably post things in haste 

Very wise! And, genuinely, I think many of us are so pent up with frustration at the end of this incredibly demanding year that a quick rant on the internet has become a form of therapy. 

We are all in desperate need of a full house at the KP. The ups and downs, the frustration, the joy. I miss it like hell. Here’s to a much better 2021!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

A good example yesterday was I was with you on blaming Brendan during and after the game 

Then when someone posted a very good post about injuries and niggles it made me think again. He had Hobson’s choice really 

👍

Thats just my Foxestalk resolution lol

Don't get me started on my real life! 

Yeah I agree, still think the amount of changes was overkill but can appreciate it wasn't done on a whim. Just frustrating throwing away 2 points (almost 3) against a very poor Palace side. Still things are pretty positive overall 

• Like 1

Wondering whether Rodgers should have started Vardy and a stronger line up, gone for the jugular, 2 goals up (penalty most likely would have gone in and a couple of other chances first half) and then bring Vardy off second half after 70 minutes.
When you look at Klopp and Pep they consistently start the strongest team they can, see the game out and then bring Mane or Salah or Sterling off etc. How many times do we see Mane spitting the dummy when he's been subbed off? Lots of times, that's because he always starts, and then gets rested when the other team is deflated.
Think we should be thinking along those lines instead, otherwise you're missing chances, letting the other team get a foothold in the game etc.

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

People love a bit of hindsight and revisionism. Col especially will claim he said all along we shouldn't rest anybody, but almost certainly never said it once. But now we haven't won whilst resting players he'll be claiming his superior foresight.

And 100% guaranteed if we went full strength and lost, he'd have blamed fatigue and the lack of rotation... 

• Like 1

Just now, StanSP said:

And 100% guaranteed if we went full strength and lost, he'd have blamed fatigue and the lack of rotation... 

And can you imagine if you one of the stars had got a knock, especially Ndidi and Castagne coming back from injuries. He'd be complaining about over playing them so soon after their returns.

37 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Why? They were both probably told that was their duty when on the pitch.

18 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Thats just my Foxestalk resolution lol

Don't get me started on my real life! 

Yeah I agree, still think the amount of changes was overkill but can appreciate it wasn't done on a whim. Just frustrating throwing away 2 points (almost 3) against a very poor Palace side. Still things are pretty positive overall 

Of course they are

2nd in the league is quite amazing really given our injuries 

The way I see it is we gained 1 point against man utd and lost 2 here. 5 points from a tough Christmas period is no bad thing.

The next 3 league games are all winnable. Southampton have lost ings and are going through a sticky patch. Same with Chelsea. Newcastle are moaning about their manager.

The most frustrating thing for me is we're on the cusp of being a properly good team. I have to also say I thought we'd struggle up until January with the injuries but with Ricardo and soyuncu to come back there are some genuine selection headaches for Rodgers. 

With genuine competition for vardy and a winger who hits numbers like Barnes is starting to hit this team could genuinely challenge on three fronts in the second half of the season. That's frustrating and exciting at the same time as I doubt we'll get both of those options in jan, but it's the hope that kills you.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

👍

I see someone got Birchy’s Guide To Parle Anglais in their Christmas stocking 

1 minute ago, nnfox said:

People need to stop going on about being 2nd and staying in the top 4.  We are only 4 points ahead of 9th and most teams have one or two games in hand.

If we really want to stay at the top, we need to be winning games like yesterday.

If you are going to rotate the squad, have a better plan for it... A couple of changes for one game, a couple for the next and so on.  Changing 7 outfield players in one go is not good planning... It's taking it easy.  

Wait, stop going on about being 2nd and staying in the top 4?! If we can't go on about that what can we go on about lol

What a miserable post.