Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Crystal Palace 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

I think we looked fantastic first half - missed 3 very good chances (incl the penalty) and I've no idea why there wasn't another foul given when Iheanacho got bundled over. Given the doom and general dismissal beforehand, I was very proud of the team, even if their goal could have been prevented by several players.

4 hours ago, SecretPro said:

There is a balance, and 8 changes is not it. Nacho should never have started the second half and Gray shouldn't even be on the bench. You rest several players, start with an almost full strength team, win the game early, make more subs. You don't change the entire team in a game where 3 points would almost be a given. Massive opportunity missed and now a long weeks rest until the next game. Players should be able to handle 2 games in 48 hours followed by a rest. I guarantee no other team makes that amount of changes in this run of games with such an obvious chance of taking 3 extremely important, valuable points. It makes the draw against united literally pointless. 

I checked for you, and it doesnt look like the league took away our point against United - which means it wasnt pointless :)

pl.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

Their goal actually started with the ever improving Justin giving the ball away 25 yards from their goal, beyond Tielemans ignoring Zaha behind them....I remember losing 5-0 not very long ago....taken a point all day long...

I wonder what the 2 dropped points will mean come the end of the season?.. we just threw them away today. This Palace side had shipped 10 goals in their last two games, they looked absolutely shellshocked in the 1st half and if we'd scored that penalty they would have collapsed and I'm sure we would have won at a canter.  It was a huge gamble resting so many key players and that gamble backfired.

If Rodgers doesn't at least learn from today that Iheanacho and Gray should be nowhere near the first team and that Perez and Choudhury just aren't good enough either than today's debacle will be in vain.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, weller54 said:

I wonder what the 2 dropped points will mean come the end of the season?.. we just threw them away today. This Palace side had shipped 10 goals in their last two games, they looked absolutely shellshocked in the 1st half and if we'd scored that penalty they would have collapsed and I'm sure we would have won at a canter.  It was a huge gamble resting so many key players and that gamble backfired.

If Rodgers doesn't at least learn from today that Iheanacho and Gray should be nowhere near the first team and that Perez and Choudhury just aren't good enough either than today's debacle will be in vain.

Could not agree with you more, but it’s not the first time he has rested to many players and we have been punished by a lower placed team. Win, Loose or Draw he always seems to say the same things in his after match interview.

• Like 1

Good onya Barnes. His form has been terrific.

I never change tunes because of the scoreboards and I spoke my mind from a get go because I love Foxes and following them since Muzzy Izzet and living in down under, have had to get up in ridiculous hours to watch them.

My point is, Brendan Rogers stated quite clearly that Gray should look for a new club and he wasn't part of BR's future plan but also hoped for him to be hero of the hour and save him last night.

This is the pitty sign of a incompetent football manager for me. The second part of the last season was extremely excruciating but also showed his true potential as a coach and since then my faith on him is severely shaken.

• Like 1

The starting line up really lowered expectations but they really outclassed an admittedly abismal palace first half.

We should have been at least 2-0 up but didnt take the chances and rodgers cannot be blamed for that.

You just knew palace would wake up second half and their goal was predictable.

Couple of days ago kasper stopping a rocket but today gets outsmarted by a placed sidefoot volley at his near post.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

Could not agree with you more, but it’s not the first time he has rested to many players and we have been punished by a lower placed team. Win, Loose or Draw he always seems to say the same things in his after match interview.

Last time I remember making such wholesale changes in the league, that weren't down to injuries, was West Ham a year ago. We won 2-1.

Edited by Facecloth

20 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Accept the point other than the manager and his staff know the players, their level of fitness, recovery rates, and overall ability to play 2 games in under 3 days....He probably would have played at least 2 or 3 different players if he felt he had a choice....of all the squad today only the selection of Gray was inexplicable....

• Like 1

Gutted about the result... Really am.. Just goes to show how desperately In need of a back up number 9 we are

Controlled the game.. I think palace being poor helped, but some of the football in that first half was brilliant by the so called b team... Should've been game over by half time. Vardy would've had a first half hattrick, but I get the need to rest him 

Roll on Newcastle.. Hopefully give them a pasting, we're due one 

I know Barnes got the plaudits, but I thought jj, amartey n mendy all had great games too to be fair 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Always Next Year said:

So did the 10 men of Aston Villa, did they make 7 changes

Dean Smith said in his post game interview that he asked his players if they felt ok to play again just 48 hours later. Now they are hardly likely to say no, but I suppose it's just as valid as asking some sports science bod with a clipboard which players he can play.

7 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Dean Smith said in his post game interview that he asked his players if they felt ok to play again just 48 hours later. Now they are hardly likely to say no, but I suppose it's just as valid as asking some sports science bod with a clipboard which players he can play.

And this is probably what will undo them at some point. They don't have Europe but its a matter if time before they lose another one of their players - their injury record was terrible last year.

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

I think we looked fantastic first half - missed 3 very good chances (incl the penalty) and I've no idea why there wasn't another foul given when Iheanacho got bundled over. Given the doom and general dismissal beforehand, I was very proud of the team, even if their goal could have been prevented by several players.

Even if there had been, I think it was a good yard or two outside of the box. It was definitely a free kick though 

9 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I agree with you, and I am sure our boys would have played if asked, but Rodgers and his staff made the choice to make the changes and got it wrong, for me the game had a no win written all over it after the missed pen.

But that’s only my opinion which I am entitled to.

1 minute ago, Abrasive fox said:

And this is probably what will undo them at some point. They don't have Europe but its a matter if time before they lose another one of their players - their injury record was terrible last year.

I'm not saying either approach is the correct one. I genuinely don't know. I don't envy BR. If he'd played his strongest side today and any of them had got injured he'd be getting pelters on here.

19 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I'm not saying either approach is the correct one. I genuinely don't know. I don't envy BR. If he'd played his strongest side today and any of them had got injured he'd be getting pelters on here.

Very true on your last line. About three of our bench are carrying injuries including one player who requires an operation and additionally three who were not picked from the squad have suffered injuries this season. 

Most worrying is some who perhaps didn't take the opportunity today: thought Praet was poor and he had looked very good early on in the season. Probably understandable with not having played much but Gray was poor too.

Thought Mendy stepped up again though, thought he had a good game. Thomas good going forwards. And Amartey did fairly well in defence.

• Like 1