Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Newcastle 1-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

12 minutes ago, deep blue said:

All of which reinforces my argument.  I feel we had a better chance of hanging on if we had retained the initiative rather than tamely handing it over.  And you say "but we didn't". On the contrary, but we did - for the first goal - and the same thing could have happened just as easily for a second goal.

We are obviously at irreconcilable odds in our opinions so I'll leave it there.

Soyuncu was subbed on and they scored  2 minutes later from a freekick they managed to get immediately after he came on which was nothing to do with him. Do you genuinely think that this substitution massively swayed the game into Newcastle’s favour and they took advantage of our major slip up and piled the pressure on in the final seconds? 

No. They scored a goal from a setpiece in which our zonal marking was again poor and then they didn’t get a kick for the next 10 minutes nor did they create any chances. We bossed that game, we’re not going to win 4-0 every away game. Not sure what people expect. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

IMO Ndidi & Barnes should have been covering  Carolls 2nd uptake  position,for the goal  with more meaning & zest....

I thought this, I think it was Fofana and Soyuncu fighting over marking him for the set piece but then they just both left him completely unmarked. 

Edited by Collymore

3 hours ago, deep blue said:

All of which reinforces my argument.  I feel we had a better chance of hanging on if we had retained the initiative rather than tamely handing it over.  And you say "but we didn't". On the contrary, but we did - for the first goal - and the same thing could have happened just as easily for a second goal.

We are obviously at irreconcilable odds in our opinions so I'll leave it there.

Nothing reinforces your argument...because has the homeside they had to change,they made the subs, it was obvious they were going to the pump & hit high balls forward...

If it wasnt for that Silly foul, and that poor 2nd ball defending  ,they wouldnt have grabbed that Minute initiative...

which they didn t Really use well...

Tamely...we had Two Great Moves to Seal it...You concentrate far too much on the negative & also forget conveniently some decent defending...from the bline.

Easy to Jump on your own frustrating Scarey moments...This forum is often Full of it..!!!

Like DR Who & the daleks, kids love rushing & hiding behind the sofa...:crylaugh:

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

Wasn't able to watch yesterday but just saw the highlights. Looked a decent performance. Maddison looks right back to full fitness and confidence and Tielemans is in scintillating form. Ndidi looked strong, more decisive contributions from Albrighton and Barnes and probably would have got a clean sheet if not for a great finish from Carroll.

4 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

But it didn’t? Surely you could say that about every game. Imagine if in every game in 2015/2016 we had a momentary lack of concentration which gave away a goal and we didn’t win the league? lol

We didn’t help ourselves but we never looked like conceding a second goal. It was ironic that Carroll scored shortly after we brought on another centre half to see the game out but you can’t put that down to the Soyuncu sub, we’ve been shit at set pieces all season. 

...the reason for introducing Soyuncu was to counter the inclusion of Carroll in their front line!!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...the reason for introducing Soyuncu was to counter the inclusion of Carroll in their front line!!!

Cheers Pep your tactical nouse is most welcome. 

Re-read my post. Clearly says we brought him on to see the game out. I hoped I wouldn’t have to explain that he was introduced to see the game out eg bringing on another centre half to deal with the new aerial threat. Jesus wept 

• Like 1

Not much wrong with Madison's corners that I could see from video. Fofana good at defensive headers just work with him on thinking mostly head it down from corners. N'didi, Castagne,Evans and Albrighton , all good and Justin,Barnes also almost up to their usual high standard.No one had a bad match just those damned elusive corners, which could have put us 2 up by half time on a lucky day with better finishing. All good except last ten minutes a bit worrying. Maybe Carol scoring shocked our defence a bit, and to be fair it probably surprised most of us.

I did n't like the crowd at the back (5) either, Odds were that Carol would miskick (he's obviously been working on his skills) and a deflection in that crowd would have still beaten Kasper.

Edited by Alan Frost

14 hours ago, Alan Frost said:

Not much wrong with Madison's corners that I could see from video. Fofana good at defensive headers just work with him on thinking mostly head it down from corners. N'didi, Castagne,Evans and Albrighton , all good and Justin,Barnes also almost up to their usual high standard.No one had a bad match just those damned elusive corners, which could have put us 2 up by half time on a lucky day with better finishing. All good except last ten minutes a bit worrying. Maybe Carol scoring shocked our defence a bit, and to be fair it probably surprised most of us.

I did n't like the crowd at the back (5) either, Odds were that Carol would miskick (he's obviously been working on his skills) and a deflection in that crowd would have still beaten Kasper.

I can't remember a game where Maddison hit so many good corners.  We were close to scoring on a few occasions.

20 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Soyuncu was subbed on and they scored  2 minutes later from a freekick they managed to get immediately after he came on which was nothing to do with him. Do you genuinely think that this substitution massively swayed the game into Newcastle’s favour and they took advantage of our major slip up and piled the pressure on in the final seconds? 

No. They scored a goal from a setpiece in which our zonal marking was again poor and then they didn’t get a kick for the next 10 minutes nor did they create any chances. We bossed that game, we’re not going to win 4-0 every away game. Not sure what people expect. 

The change in shape left a massive corridor of space because the defence weren't positioned well which forced Justin to make the foul. We went from being pretty comfortable to Newcastle having us pegged back. It definitely swayed it, I don't see how you can argue against that.

If Carroll started up front with Wilson would we have surrendered the initiative all game to a very poor attacking team, cus they had a big man up front?

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

The change in shape left a massive corridor of space because the defence weren't positioned well which forced Justin to make the foul. We went from being pretty comfortable to Newcastle having us pegged back. It definitely swayed it, I don't see how you can argue against that.

If Carroll started up front with Wilson would we have surrendered the initiative all game to a very poor attacking team, cus they had a big man up front?

Alright boss, if you say so. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Haha ahh, that sounds like me when I give up trying to argue something football related with a mate lol

Yeah I’m at work, went to type out a reply but then just couldn’t really be arsed to debate it anymore sorry pal lol great input to the forum from me :thumbup:

2 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Yeah I’m at work, went to type out a reply but then just couldn’t really be arsed to debate it anymore sorry pal lol great input to the forum from me :thumbup:

Wasn't a dig by the way, it genuinely put a smile on my face. The times I've been on the old whatsapp group and then just given up and ducked out of the debate in similar fashion lol