Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Newcastle 1-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

8 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Probably one for the 'Unpopular Opinions' thread in General Chat but I'm beginning to think the manager and his staff might have a better understanding of football and our players than the fans.

Mods ...   bin this joker please ..

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Probably one for the 'Unpopular Opinions' thread in General Chat but I'm beginning to think the manager and his staff might have a better understanding of football and our players than the fans.

I’m guessing that you posted this in January 2019 but that it has only appeared now after getting lost in the ether 

• Haha 1

Was there a lesson there today for Brendan? The change from 4 to 5 at the back when Soyuncu was brought on, almost caused problems. Unsure if it was JJ have a rare brain fart, or the extra bodies in defence bringing about confusion.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Possibly a hot take, but I think given how big the gulf already is this year - we're already there.

I reckon a team might even stay up with less than 30 points this time around. Meanwhile, Derby fans must be rubbing their hands together at the prospect of Sheff Utd. finally breaking their unwanted record. 2 points by New Year's is just astounding. They don't even have games in hand.

In Sheff Utds defence, they've played 3 gamesor so less than a normal new year point, thanks to the delayed start. 

And yes, i agree. 27 points imo will see safety. West Brom 23/24, Fulham will reach 26 tops. Brighton should scrape 30. Burnley home and hosed on 32.  

Sheff utd should be able to muster 3 wins and a few draws from somewhere to overhaul Derby. They are not THAT bad. In fact, I'd say they are better than west Brom by miles. 

52 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Possibly a hot take, but I think given how big the gulf already is this year - we're already there.

I reckon a team might even stay up with less than 30 points this time around. Meanwhile, Derby fans must be rubbing their hands together at the prospect of Sheff Utd. finally breaking their unwanted record. 2 points by New Year's is just astounding. They don't even have games in hand.

It is astounding when you consider that we've won more points today than Sheffield United have all season. 

You have to feel for their fans as it must be soul destroying. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

Have to credit Brendan. Was like a lot on here calling for albrighton to go off after the first half. Made the second goal and improved as the game went on. Would of been very easy to make wholesale changes at half time but stuck with the same side. 

...how many times does Rodgers make substitution at half time!!!

I expected Albrighton to be replaced at 60 mins for Ünder as they were pushing and were open for the counter and to stretched. Brendan always chooses to shore up the defence in situations like this, meaning we become negative, and boot it anywhere becomes the basis of our defence instead of discipline and control.

1 hour ago, 09bballer said:

Do you think  that in the last 2 or 3 games Barnes is under instruction to shoot rather than pass? Sometimes it's working but sometimes there are better options available.

I think hes going through a confident spell where you can suddenly start thinking it's more about yourself than it actually is. Vardy didnt look pleased he didn't play that simple ball through for him.

14 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...how many times does Rodgers make substitution at half time!!!

I expected Albrighton to be replaced at 60 mins for Ünder as they were pushing and were open for the counter and to stretched. Brendan always chooses to shore up the defence in situations like this, meaning we become negative, and boot it anywhere becomes the basis of our defence instead of discipline and control.

Notice how much stick   Allbrighton gets  whilst  the old players  always give him  much praise . Whilst I am  not sure  how many of the 5 losing  games did he play in  Rogers commented  how we rarely lose when he plays 

2 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

I think hes going through a confident spell where you can suddenly start thinking it's more about yourself than it actually is. Vardy didnt look pleased he didn't play that simple ball through for him.

Vardy’s movement is world class. If he is at the likes of Man City or Spurs he would be scoring even more. In this game he got himself into brilliant positions and could have easily scored at least two.