Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Newcastle 1-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

Delighted with where we are. A crucial, much deserved win even though we made life difficult for ourselves with Rodgers’ unnecessarily cautious tactical gamble - and continue to look as though not enough work in training is going into solving our set piece problems.

We scored two beautiful goals, both the result of quick, dynamic attacks that caught Newcastle on their heels. Such a contrast to the slow, ponderous build up of the first half.

We have a squad full of excellent footballers. Despite this win I don’t think any of them were truly outstanding over the 90 minutes today. One day, though, when Tielemans, Maddison, Barnes and Vardy all find their best form together, we are really going to take a team as limited as Newcastle to the cleaners. 

17 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

giphy.gif

Loved this goal! Castagne / Maddison / Albrighton / Tielemans all superb in this move!

Youri has been on top form recently and this just shows how classy a footballer he is.

The quick two touches are so good, he breaks the line of Newcastle's midfield so quickly (you can see Shelvey knows straight away danger is a foot) and as soon as the follow on pass from Maddison is made you felt a chance was coming. The layup is perfect and the finish is so precise and clinical. I love it. 

This is why we paid so much for him and why, on his day, he is one of the best in the league.

I bloody love Youri, I missed the first half but second half he didn't put a foot wrong and watching him was very enjoyable.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

Youri has been on top form recently and this just shows how classy a footballer he is.

The quick two touches are so good, he breaks the line of Newcastle's midfield so quickly (you can see Shelvey knows straight away danger is a foot) and as soon as the follow on pass from Maddison is made you felt a chance was coming. The layup is perfect and the finish is so precise and clinical. I love it. 

This is why we paid so much for him and why, on his day, he is one of the best in the league.

I bloody love Youri, I missed the first half but second half he didn't put a foot wrong and watching him was very enjoyable.

Will he be the one we sacrifice to the great ‘Top 4’ God this year ...    I fookin well hope not ...  

Just now, Countryfox said:

Will he be the one we sacrifice to the great ‘Top 4’ God this year ...    I fookin well hope not ...  

I'd be amazed if he was, I'd expect Maddison is far more likely to get poached because he is a bit more flashy and he's English.

I think Youri still goes a little under the radar relatively speaking, and given we paid £40m for him, we would surely be looking for 60-70 for him to a rival. For that money I would imagine it would be far easier for one of them to go abroad and get someone who is banging in the goals and getting a few more assists.

Just now, Farrington fox said:

Was there not a Newcastle player offside when Carroll scored? Surely he was interfering with play. It seemed like Kasper though the same. 

No, Castagne was playing him onside

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Nah ...   I like being under the radar...  seems to suit us better than having a long pole shoved up our arse and paraded  around as a ‘contender’ ...  

Exactly ...as long as they are talking about us at the end of the season,thats all that matters

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

I'd be amazed if he was, I'd expect Maddison is far more likely to get poached because he is a bit more flashy and he's English.

I think Youri still goes a little under the radar relatively speaking, and given we paid £40m for him, we would surely be looking for 60-70 for him to a rival. For that money I would imagine it would be far easier for one of them to go abroad and get someone who is banging in the goals and getting a few more assists.

I think the radar has already picked him up ...   his agent has been spotted several times walking round licking his lips ...  

37 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

giphy.gif

Loved this goal! Castagne / Maddison / Albrighton / Tielemans all superb in this move!

We've clearly been working on positioning in and around the Box, As most of the season everyone was breaking a gut to be in the Box and when the ball was played in very often it was behind everyone.

I've noticed our positioning has been much better the last few games.

10 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

To a rival I dont think we let any key players leave for less than 100m, unless we end up outside the top 4 again come may.

2 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

Albrighton man of the match by a country mile gave 110% great assist for tielamans and didn't stop running. 

Didn’t someone say pre match this was NOT a game to play Albrighton ...   and he got repped to buggery ! 

( I was guilty I’m afraid ...   :)).

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Probably one for the 'Unpopular Opinions' thread in General Chat but I'm beginning to think the manager and his staff might have a better understanding of football and our players than the fans.

Oh Geoff  :rolleyes:  As you are well aware, the knowledge contained within these hallowed threads is impossible to quantify

Edited by Dahnsouff

4 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Probably one for the 'Unpopular Opinions' thread in General Chat but I'm beginning to think the manager and his staff might have a better understanding of football and our players than the fans.

Considering your line of work I'd whisper that one very quietly :D

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

If you know of anyone in the squad let us know. The two we have were both playing.

I know what you mean though, Managers generally prefer to put more bodies in the Box. That way it's harder to get through. Barne's should have got a block on Carrolls Goal.

Though it wasn't his fault he had afree space in the Box. More for Brendan to work on.

Perez for a tiring Maddison?

Under for a tiring Albrighton?

or.... if you do want to be conservative an extra body (Praet or Mendy) in midfield.

As I said, shape and position are most important in the defensive areas. No time to get up to speed when there are only 10 minutes left. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Geoff.... the wisdom of crowds means that the real answer is the average of a crowd .

(Unfortunately joining foxes talk is self selecting... it might be that ft attract a certain type of fan)

Serriously... when things go well there's not a problem... yet when fans watch repeated mistakes they get on the manager's back. Twas ever thus. 

Edited by foxinsocks