Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

2 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

I know in this game the balance is insanely skewed but give me a match where bowlers are ridiculously on top to one where batsmen are any day. Nothing beats a low-scoring thriller.

I would agree, having been a village bowler, but if you've taken the Friday off work to watch the cricket (and recover from the football) it's a bit of a pisser. I'd like a tad more balance. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

I know in this game the balance is insanely skewed but give me a match where bowlers are ridiculously on top to one where batsmen are any day. Nothing beats a low-scoring thriller.

It's funny but I suppose I'd never that about that. Test cricket might be one of the only sports where low scoring is more exciting than high scoring. 

If both teams are racking up like 400 scores, the drama is much slower, it's going to be spread out over days. You might have an exciting conclusion but a lot of the action in the middle can be dull af. 

But if the match is low scoring and wickets are falling all over the place there's a lot more tension and drama. I can't think of many other sports like that Tbf. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, trabuch said:

I would agree, having been a village bowler, but if you've taken the Friday off work to watch the cricket (and recover from the football) it's a bit of a pisser. I'd like a tad more balance. 

I think the perfect balance was actually on display in the last World Cup, where ball was probably slightly on top of bat in most games. English conditions lend themselves to a good balance, whereas in other parts of the world you're just prone to extremes in any form.

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It's funny but I suppose I'd never that about that. Test cricket might be one of the only sports where low scoring is more exciting than high scoring. 

If both teams are racking up like 400 scores, the drama is much slower, it's going to be spread out over days. You might have an exciting conclusion but a lot of the action in the middle can be dull af. 

But if the match is low scoring and wickets are falling all over the place there's a lot more tension and drama. I can't think of many other sports like that Tbf. 

Yeah, the more a result needs to be forced the less chance there is of a dramatic end - though of course teams being in a position where they need to force results can add to the drama too. The way this game is playing out at the moment is great for casual viewers, but I suspect Channel 4 will be mightily pissed off if this doesn't go into the weekend!

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Like 1

Jonny Bairstow getting a pair after everyone say he's one of our best players of spin lol 

Tough for him though, to come in cold on this pitch. 

There is always a spinner on a tour who rips through England, and its usually someone who never does it again against anyone else. Axar is the latest. 

2 minutes ago, trabuch said:

If the rules are benefit to the batsman it's not out. If they are benefit to umpire's call it's out. I'm not sure. Brilliant result for England so I'm not complaining.

Really, it should be the umpire but I think that slight spike was enough to show it clipped the bat first. Couldn't have been pad before the bat. 

As good as it is, I think 3 reviews per team is too many.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Really, it should be the umpire but I think that slight spike was enough to show it clipped the bat first. Couldn't have been pad before the bat. 

As good as it is, I think 3 reviews per team is too many.

Ben Stokes appears to agree. I'm surprised he didn't challenge that. Glad he didn't though.

• Haha 1