Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

Has Stuart Broad literally given up batting? He used to be decent on his day and now he's coming in at number 10? At least there is half a chance he can play some shots. 

Didn't see a shot like that from Leach coming lol 

It's a bit weird given he seemed to back in form over the summer with that 50 against the West Indies.

Like you say though, no matter if Leach can do that. lol

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

Has Stuart Broad literally given up batting? He used to be decent on his day and now he's coming in at number 10? At least there is half a chance he can play some shots. 

Didn't see a shot like that from Leach coming lol 

Probably the only chance of us posting a total is a Board having a slog down the order.

8 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

He batting has been dreadful since he got into the test team.

It's a shame because the talent's clearly there from his past scores in First Class games. I guess it can happen to bowlers though. I think Gough was half decent when he started out and ended up a complete bunny?

He often complains about this but Imagine how many wickets Shane Warne, and others, would've got with DRS. They never used to give so many LBW calls. 

I don't know whether you can blame the pitch when they are getting done by non-spinning balls. It's obviously a lot harder than this but surely you can play anything straight, if it turns then you'll probably miss it. 

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'm not sure how anyone can claim that this is a pitch fit for Test match cricket.

It clearly isn’t - 5 day tests aren’t supposed to last 2 days . India have their eyes on the test championships ( or whatever they are called) against Australia which will of course be played on proper wickets with an even contest between bat and ball . You can’t really blame Kohli and Shastri for calling for these wickets - they have gambled that England will be more brittle than their batters in the conditions and the gamble will pay off . I don’t really want to hear too much more from Kohli about how test cricket is the highest and noblest form of the game though .

4 minutes ago, surrifox said:

It clearly isn’t - 5 day tests aren’t supposed to last 2 days . India have their eyes on the test championships ( or whatever they are called) against Australia which will of course be played on proper wickets with an even contest between bat and ball . You can’t really blame Kohli and Shastri for calling for these wickets - they have gambled that England will be more brittle than their batters in the conditions and the gamble will pay off . I don’t really want to hear too much more from Kohli about how test cricket is the highest and noblest form of the game though .

Yeah.

With the greatest of respect to the Indian fans on here (Stan in particular), I've long thought Kohli to be an immensely talented batsman and capable captain but a poor winner and much worse loser. But then, I guess humility doesn't often lend itself to top-level sport.

Edited by leicsmac

Have no idea why we included Archer for this test. Hey ho. Expecting Indianto see us off without losing a wicket. 

investigation needed regarding the pitch! Brand new stadium and 17 wickets gone in less than a day! 30 in 2 days. 

1 minute ago, Bert said:

Have no idea why we included Archer for this test. Hey ho. Expecting Indianto see us off without losing a wicket. 

investigation needed regarding the pitch! Brand new stadium and 17 wickets gone in less than a day! 30 in 2 days. 

I'd be amazed if we don't lose a wicket!