Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

6Ns 2021

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

You're going to absolutely savage us tomorrow ngl. 

It's so bad we've called up Hallam ****ing Amos for a return. 

Yeah Ireland probably just about favourites but who the fvck knows, dont really like the look of our team at the minute.  But as you know my predictions are awful in the 6N and thought England would walk this championship and us, you guys and Scotland would battle for 3rd.

26 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Why you'd stick with this 10, 12, 13 combo that can't seem to find each other with a pass, I'm not sure. Fair play to Scotland, they've played with some imagination where as England can't even seem to produce their usual brand of stodge today. 

10 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Fair play to Scotland, they've smothered England. Helps when you know the opposition will just keep kicking it back to you.

Jonny May summing it all up with that right there.

You're an Ireland fan correct? If so, you should be well used to stodge and kicking as the Irish prototype of how to send an entire stadium to sleep.

Just now, Arriba Los Zorros said:

You're an Ireland fan correct? If so, you should be well used to stodge and kicking as the Irish prototype of how to send an entire stadium to sleep.

My Dad's Irish and my mum English so I support both. You can imagine how delighted I am to have the option to support two teams who play such enterprising rugby.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

My Dad's Irish and my mum English so I support both. You can imagine how delighted I am to have the option to support two teams who play such enterprising rugby.

The two most successful of the 6Ns teams as of late which is a depressing state of affairs. Of all the supporters to beat England with a stick for style of play Ireland should be last in line, I'd actually rather watch England which is saying something.

Edited by Arriba Los Zorros
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

The two most successful of the 6Ns teams as of late which is a depressing state of affairs. Of all the supporters to beat England with a stick for style of play Ireland should be last in line, I'd actually rather watch England which is saying something.

I think both sides play such a dull brand of rugby. Jones seems intent on recreating the Schmidt approach to an aerial game. Such a conservative style of play, it's mind-numbing. More so since the Autumn tests I must stress.

8 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

To be fair, in 2018 we mixed it up a bit which probably helped us become so unbeatable that year, we also scored something like 17 tries in the 6N that year. That was 3 years ago now though.

That year aside you've got a point regarding our style over the last 7-8 years....

34 minutes ago, Nalis said:

To be fair, in 2018 we mixed it up a bit which probably helped us become so unbeatable that year, we also scored something like 17 tries in the 6N that year. That was 3 years ago now though.

That year aside you've got a point regarding our style over the last 7-8 years....

Yup, I think this ultra defensive, physical percentages rugby will ensure tight games, and more often than not moderate success but it also means you can be on the wrong end of tight defeats as well as on the right end of them. When you've got the better players it just makes it hard to beat inferior teams. Wales (my team) put aside their attacking principles and went the same way for years under Gatland too. That's why France and Scotland are refreshing and hope to see them do well this year to strike back for attacking play and running over kicking, today was a start!!

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Well done Scotland....

Biut  this England side, Not on players but tactics were damn poor...Devoid of any imagination....It was boring...!!

It really was. There would have been people watching that who don't normally watch rugby and I can imagine they won't be bothered about watching it again. 

17 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Yup, I think this ultra defensive, physical percentages rugby will ensure tight games, and more often than not moderate success but it also means you can be on the wrong end of tight defeats as well as on the right end of them. When you've got the better players it just makes it hard to beat inferior teams. Wales (my team) put aside their attacking principles and went the same way for years under Gatland too. That's why France and Scotland are refreshing and hope to see them do well this year to strike back for attacking play and running over kicking, today was a start!!

Any time Murray fvckin kicks it its annyoing. Our backs are (or at least were) pretty decent with ball in hand so dont understand why we dont try a more expansive game but that wont happen with Farrell in charge and the brutal reality is that dont have good enough players coming through to do that. As its stand, we'll finish around 3rd to 4th in the next few 6N and will get knocked out in the quarters in the next world cup, so saying all that surely its worth us going for an expansive blueprint which might reap rewards in 5-10 years - not like we have anything to lose.

Scotland have tried to throw it around for a few years now but given the players they had it was incredibly high risk - looks great when pulled off but didnt happen that often. Ratio was akin with Ndidi's long range efforts.

South Africa won the world cup with turgid rugby but hopefully we'll see a change in the next world cup, or the one after that. 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Ireland deciding they need a handicap to keep this fair. Very sporting of them. 

What odds do you want they still win? 

Looking good for Wales ATM and this would be a sweet win. Getting some decisions from the ref mind, although Ireland have been their usual underhanded selves!

28 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Looking good for Wales ATM and this would be a sweet win. Getting some decisions from the ref mind, although Ireland have been their usual underhanded selves!

Most teams are as bad as each other, did an Irish bird break your heart in the past or something? :PI jest of course.

Well done Wales, well deserved. Feared a big loss when O'Mahony deservedly got sent off for being a fvckin idiot so at least we got the bonus point. Great try by Rees-Zammit for Wales to ultimately win it. Feel for Burns, should have made it safe for touch. Maybe he can get advice from his brother on getting over a big mistake on the european stage... :ph34r: Dunno what Wales were thinking to kick the ball away before 80 minutes were up.

30 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Easily the best game of the weekend. Wales got away with one in the end. Had they made touch from that oenalty it would have been very interesting. 

To be fair, if Davies wasn't doing Davies things the game would have just ended two minutes earlier up the other end.

4 hours ago, Nalis said:

Most teams are as bad as each other, did an Irish bird break your heart in the past or something? :PI jest of course.

Well done Wales, well deserved. Feared a big loss when O'Mahony deservedly got sent off for being a fvckin idiot so at least we got the bonus point. Great try by Rees-Zammit for Wales to ultimately win it. Feel for Burns, should have made it safe for touch. Maybe he can get advice from his brother on getting over a big mistake on the european stage... :ph34r: Dunno what Wales were thinking to kick the ball away before 80 minutes were up.

No, nothing against Ireland or the Irish! but not a fan of either the rugby or football teams which are super pragmatic and cautious, and have been for years!!