Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Soumare, Jakobs, Edouard, that young centre half from Dundee and otavio.

Yes please.

Yeah the centre half from Dundee is intriguing and the reason that if we don't let any go (I appreciate Morgan & Fuchs will likely be done) then I can't see Tarks coming in.

• Like 1

Just now, The People's Hero said:

Yeah the centre half from Dundee is intriguing and the reason that if we don't let any go (I appreciate Morgan & Fuchs will likely be done) then I can't see Tarks coming in.

Makes more sense. Amartey still here and doing a decent job, plus if we sign Soumare then Wilf can play centre half too.

4 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Otavio and Jakobs both play wide. Rodgers doesn't like playing with two.

It's not so much he doesn't like playing with two, he just doesn't have 2 that he likes. Jakobs is a left back, his goals and assists are pretty minging even though he has played LM at times too. Otavio I could well see come in and play as a tucked in RW like Lallana sometimes did for him but I'd hope we'd go and get another proper winger too. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I believe we very nearly got the Dundee signing done in Jan; but the lad himself wanted to stick there for the rest of this season. Does make me wonder if the deal is done for him to come in the summer.

Makes sense for the lad if he's getting good time with their side. Then gives him a full pre season with any new club rather than the weird period in January of trying to force your way anywhere. 

Just now, The People's Hero said:

What's happening with the crop of outstanding AZ players? Have they all moved on yet?

All been nabbed by Raoila and having a bit of an average season compared to last. Although Boadu got a hattrick last week. Idrissi left in the summer and flopped (since gone from Sevilla to Ajax).

Koopmeiners and Windjal probably their best 2 this season. Stengs has been very subdued by his standards. 

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

All been nabbed by Raoila and having a bit of an average season compared to last. Although Boadu got a hattrick last week. Idrissi left in the summer and flopped (since gone from Sevilla to Ajax).

Koopmeiners and Windjal probably their best 2 this season. Stengs has been very subdued by his standards. 

Assuming our technical scouting still has faith, might now then be a decent time to shop?

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Stengs was the absolute pick of them going back 18 months; I'd absolutely love him here and he's still at a point in his career where I think BR could elevate him.

Ajax is probably a good place for Idrissi. I was never over-sold on Idrissi personally, but it was an unreal batch of players.

Boadu is a bit of a monster but ONLY WITH STENGS.

Just now, peach0000 said:

Who is the Dundee player people keep mentioning?

Centre back, teenager, only broke through this year, handful of games to his name but we've been tracking him and made the move in Jan (generously too; over what Dundee probably would have demanded).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Centre back, teenager, only broke through this year, handful of games to his name but we've been tracking him and made the move in Jan (generously too; over what Dundee probably would have demanded).

Lewis Neilson?

Edited by peach0000

Just now, peach0000 said:

Lewis Nelson?

Yes - ... but is it Neilson/Neilsen or something like that? That's him though.

Feels like the Fofana deal in that the scouting team have seen him, like him and just want the deal done; club pushed very hard in January.

Maybe he won't join, but our interest definitely hasn't just died off.

Possibly the same with AMN, by the way, who I wouldn't be surprised to see us go for quite strongly in the summer.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Possibly the same with AMN, by the way, who I wouldn't be surprised to see us go for quite strongly in the summer.

I'm curious what we see in AMN. Flashes of brilliance but very average away from that 

Just now, UniFox21 said:

I'm curious what we see in AMN. Flashes of brilliance but very average away from that 

There is a player in there 100% - he has every ingredient. Definitely needs some love, some coaching, some faith and a lot of luck, but he could be very very good.

He basically has the bits you can't coach; natural fitness, pace, strength, reactions, athelticism, balance. He strikes me as determined and so the questions are: is he avialable at a decent price (fee and wages)? Would he be happy to be rotated and compete? Is he coachable? Does his personality fit what we look for (we are a club who places a strong emphasis on this)?

I think he's one who'd sign; feature a little bit; disappear for some proper hardcore coaching and then come back and either flop or take the world by storm (See Justin, James.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Think we've moved on; unless either Evans reckons he's done or Fofana is sold for a big profit.

Tarks will want to start and I'm not sure how you keep Soy, Evans, Fofana and Tarks happy. 

Tarks will want a 4 year deal on decent bags to secure his future I reckon. Four CB’s is where we need to be in terms of depth to compete in Europe and domestically. It allows us the three at the back option and gives opportunities for rest and rotation - pick up an injury or two with just the three we have and we are in makeshift territory again like this season. It won’t be long before Evans can only play because of his back once a week and the fixture list this this season has often been 3/4 games in ten day periods. He’d be a good acquisition for me but I would certainly agree that there are other forward areas of the pitch that need an immediate £20plus million cash injection rather than the CB position!

• Like 2

I'm led to believe both AMN and the Dundee player are players BR has long admired; not necessarily a product of our scouting set up. God knows how BR was aware of the defender but maybe he just still has good contacts up in Scotland (maybe even at Dundee?)

Most of that is speculation.

• Like 2