Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

41 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I heard BR's Stringer interview, he was much more openly complimentary about Kelechi there. 

The SKY one was weird though wasn't it, I couldn't work out if he'd just misheard the question... it was something like 'with Vardy not scoring it must be nice to see Kel getting goals' and BR just goes into some proes about how amazing JV is without even a word on Nacho lol 

26 minutes ago, STUHILL said:
  • Former Manchester City and England defender Joleon Lescott believes that Tammy Abraham could leave Chelsea at the end of the season amid a lack of game time under new boss Thomas Tuchel.

Yes please! 

Would love him here but don't think we'll stump up the required 50m+ for him.

9 hours ago, NewEnglandFox said:

I don't know why games played usually gets omitted from these conversations. It did my head in when somehow squad depth and total players compared to Man City was brought up on Radio Leicester last night. Somehow we were adding a player every year? (I think we have more pressing issues like Vardy and Youri playing infinite minutes as well as kids on our bench that haven't played a minute of senior football.) There is both having European Football as a selling point to bring players in and there is also the supplemental games aspect to sustain a deeper squad. And with that deeper squad hope to go deeper in the domestic cup competitions as well. It's a giant step to have or not have Europe.

Games played 19/20:

Us: 48.

Southampton: 44

Newcastle:45

Man U: 61

Liverpool: 57 (inc. club world cup, community shield, super cup)

Chelsea: 55 inc. supercup

How many players would we need to sustain or league position and play 8+ extra games?

It is a literal step up to be able to field a squad for those extra games. I don't think you can fake it. Europe is looking nailed on for next season now, but it has been a few years. And I remember a stat that a club outside of the top 6 hasn't made it to Europe in back to back seasons in who knows how long. Wolves did 7th/7th but got busted out of Europa by Arsenal winning the FA cup.

Excellent points. 

3 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Would love him here but don't think we'll stump up the required 50m+ for him.

Do you think that is what he would go for? :surrender:

I thought be more in the 35million range, because he isn't playing for them

Can't see any clubs paying £50million for him, so he may get priced out of a move 

9 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Can't see any clubs paying £50million for him, so he may get priced out of a move 

Never underestimate the young and English premium.

5 hours ago, STUHILL said:
  • Former Manchester City and England defender Joleon Lescott believes that Tammy Abraham could leave Chelsea at the end of the season amid a lack of game time under new boss Thomas Tuchel.

Yes please! 

He is dog shit. Championship striker.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

21 goals in 56 games for Chelsea at 23 years old. I'd say he is a little better than dog shit. 

I didn’t think he was good enough but have changed my mind over the past season. Whether he is worth £35-45million of our dosh is another question entirely.....

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Depends if he wants to move IMO, if he shows no signs of wanting to be there or signing a new deal then 35m or so is probably right. However, if he's happy to stay and fight for his place or says he'll sign a new deal, they'd be stupid to sell him for less than 50.

Surely Giroud will be slowing down soon, he's 35 in September.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

21 goals in 56 games for Chelsea at 23 years old. I'd say he is a little better than dog shit. 

If we are wanting to get a replacement for vardy not that he can be replaced we want a striker pushing 15 - 20 goals a season.

For that reason Abraham is not our man.

I think when we sign Eduaord from Celtic in the summer we will be fine.

22 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

If we are wanting to get a replacement for vardy not that he can be replaced we want a striker pushing 15 - 20 goals a season.

For that reason Abraham is not our man.

I think when we sign Eduaord from Celtic in the summer we will be fine.

Got 15 in 34 league appearances last season aged 22. Many of those from the bench. 

I'd take Eduaord but is unproven in the prem. Hopefully the price reflects that, anything under £20m would be decent 

• Like 1

Abraham is a very good striker.  He's good enough that Chelsea wouldn't sell him to Leicester because Leicester are too good enough.  

If Abraham were available at a reasonable price he would cert ai my be good enough for our squad and maybe good enough to start.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

We couldn't afford Tammy's wages. He'd be in a high wage and if not he'll expect one beyond our pay structure.

On a side note looks like we really missed out on lingard.

Tammy Abraham F £57,692           Not sure how accurate but sounds about right to me. We could offer him more 

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

Got 15 in 34 league appearances last season aged 22. Many of those from the bench. 

I'd take Eduaord but is unproven in the prem. Hopefully the price reflects that, anything under £20m would be decent 

For Chelsea to sell Abraham look north of 65m average English striker 55m worth of that 65m is because he's English 

1 minute ago, Fox85 said:

For Chelsea to sell Abraham look north of 65m average English striker 55m worth of that 65m is because he's English 

He will never move then. If Chelsea aren't playing him and don't really intend to, why would they price him at £65 million? No club is ever paying that. 

Like I said before, it will probably take them to sign another star striker for him to final get the push/demand a move but that is not inconceivable with Abramovich's millions. 

7 hours ago, dannythefox said:

I like Abraham but Toney at Brentford would be half the price and is still only 24, looks a player and he’s moved up the leagues with no issues. 

And Toney is a City fan! Problem is, Rudkin was probably the guy who got rid of him as a teenager. Would he want to admit he got it wrong and sign him now?! 

• Like 2