Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

9 hours ago, STUHILL said:

21 goals in 56 games for Chelsea at 23 years old. I'd say he is a little better than dog shit. 

High quality dog shit !!

Pedigree dog shit !!

Crufts dog shit !!

But not the player we need or want. 

9 hours ago, bald reynard said:

And Toney is a City fan! Problem is, Rudkin was probably the guy who got rid of him as a teenager. Would he want to admit he got it wrong and sign him now?! 

Rudkin IS the guy who guy who got rid of Toney. However, I've heard that he is the one who put Toney on our radar again, not Congerton. For all his faults, Rudders does (eventually) admit to mistakes he's made - look at how he's changed his mind (repeatedly) on Leuven Coaches - though after a fair bit of delay in that case! 

• Like 1

Apparently Adama Traore available for 30m this summer (in the Express but quoted from Football insider).... I know his end product needs a lot of work but a front 4 of Barnes Vardy Maddison and Adama would be a madness! Even with his end product lacking at the min he constantly takes a couple of opposing players out of the game when he picks the ball up which would create more space for Madders and co to work their magic... won’t happen but I’d still be all over it for That sort of price... Neto would be the dream though 

Edited by dbtcity
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Apparently Adama Traore available for 30m this summer (might be twitter bs).... I know his end product needs a lot of work but a front 4 of Barnes Vardy Maddison and Adama would be a madness! Even with his end product lacking at the min he constantly takes a couple of opposing players out of the game when he picks the ball up which would create more space for Madders and co to work their magic... won’t happen but I’d still be all over it for That sort of price... Neto would be the dream though 

Massively hyped player. I presume he has a great agent as he is constantly linked with top clubs that he's no where near good enough for. 

47 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Apparently Adama Traore available for 30m this summer (in the Express but quoted from Football insider).... I know his end product needs a lot of work but a front 4 of Barnes Vardy Maddison and Adama would be a madness! Even with his end product lacking at the min he constantly takes a couple of opposing players out of the game when he picks the ball up which would create more space for Madders and co to work their magic... won’t happen but I’d still be all over it for That sort of price... Neto would be the dream though 

The cost in baby oil alone would make it prohibitive.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Viktor Tsygankov is the left footed right winger for us. Scores and assists regularly but more importantly in a Brendan Rodgers team his defensive stats and work rate are off the scale. He's the Frank & The Beans.

Didn't we get linked last summer?

Edited by Simmo86
  • Like 1

On 08/03/2021 at 10:37, Muzzy_Larsson said:

It's not personal mate, I just think whenever I've watched him, which admittedly isn't near as much as most on here that he's useless. Useless in the context of an EPL striker of course. Even in the last two years when Vardy has been injued and he's been asked to carry the torch in the league he's been terrible, in the games I've saw anyway. You seem to forget he's even on the pitch and when he does get involved I find it difficult to see anything he's particularly good at. His link up play is ok at times but you need a lot more than that to be a striker nowadays, particularly in this day and age when teams play with only one recognised striker in the main. I know he didn't decide his own fee but for 20 odd million and for how long he's been at the club I think it's reasonable to expect so much more from him.

I'm not saying buy ready made £60m players, Leciester can't and shouldn't do that, there is already a model that works perfectly that avoids that. That said, your talking about a guy who cost the guts of £25m almost five years ago, then and even more so now when you consider inflation thats a lot of money for someone who to be blunt hasn't delivered, even when he's had the opportunity to replace Vardy when he's been injured he's underwhelmed.

I'd also wager if he was a 15 goal a season EPL striker Rodgers would trust him more than he does and wouldn't be out scouring the market for another striker, who'll likely be ahead of him in the peckng order. You'd also have other clubs battering your door down for him if he was that type of striker as there are about 7 or 8 teams in the league where a guy like that could be the difference between survival and relegation. I don't see that happening either.

Football's subjective right, it's only my opinion of him, everyone looks at things differently.

I think he'd bang in a good number of goals, the problem is he's so hot and cold and his all round game leaves a lot to be desired. Just a lack of energy up top from him, so many times he barely looks like he can be bothered. But he'll get some goals. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Simmo86 said:

Didn't we get linked last summer?

Loosely linked, I know players from the Ukrainian league are to be handled with caution but he's an interesting option, as is Dennis Man from Bucharest.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Loosely linked, I know players from the Ukrainian league are to be handled with caution but he's an interesting option, as is Dennis Man from Bucharest.

He signed for Parma in Jan

Edited by Simmo86

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Viktor Tsygankov is the left footed right winger for us. Scores and assists regularly but more importantly in a Brendan Rodgers team his defensive stats and work rate are off the scale. He's the Frank & The Beans.

It's a good job I haven't got a missus because my Google search history could quite easily be mistaken for list of Eastern European adult actors thanks to your regular posts of players.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Was too bowled over by his 17 goals and 4 assists in 20 games for Staua 

Quite likely Parma will get relegated this season, also only played 164 minutes since he joined them, every chance he could be off in the summer :thumbup:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Quite likely Parma will get relegated this season, also only played 164 minutes since he joined them, every chance he could be off in the summer :thumbup:

It's just irksome that there's a level of player now that we deem too much of a risk and don't enter the market for them until their next subsequent move. That's why we seldom pick up players for less than £15m.

I suppose we haven't done too badly at this recruitment game but we seem to struggle in attacking areas and maybe taking a chance on 2 or 3 at lower prices might be more fruitful.