Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

6 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

If he’s happy to stay I’d keep him because it’s difficult to get anyone to play 2/3rd choice striker. His stats are good to be fair over total minutes played.

I agree but he's also on 80k a week here.

If nobody else is prepared to pay him that then we may be able to keep him but I can't see us offering those wages again. 

9 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

I agree but he's also on 80k a week here.

If nobody else is prepared to pay him that then we may be able to keep him but I can't see us offering those wages again. 

If he’s defiantly on 80k then that needs looking at bottom half prem strikers wouldn’t be getting that. 

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Nacho come down to him, I'd imagine the club would be willing to offer him an new deal, but not on 80k.

So its going to be interesting.

I’m not sure that’s true. 80k a week for him is a lot cheaper than dropping 20-30 million on a new striker at even 50k a week (they would realistically expect more than 50k anyway) 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Iheanacho is reportedly on 80k a week here, he is highly unlikely to get that sort of money again bit him being available on a free or at a cut down price will make him more desirable to other teams and him still be able to get chuffed up more than he would do if we were selling him with a few years left on his deal.

I'm not sure how it will play out by I think he will move on.

Whilst it is alot he does score goals. Youd be surprised what a newly promoted side might be willing to pay for a proven prem goalscorer 

Look at the type of deal QPR and Fulham made in recent times. Aston villa for the  lads from belgium

Im sure Nacho would seem good business compared to some of that tripe 

Edited by Lambert09

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

Haha mate if we signed Haaland people would forget the name Vardy quicker than the man himself could down a jagerbomb.

Him and Mbappe are two of the best strikers on the planet - proper world class, not the fake world class that some people think our Vardy is. His next stop will be somewhere like PSG, Man City, Juventus. We probably do have a better chance of signing him than Bayern do though, so we can take a crumb of comfort in that :D

:plancque:

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I’m not sure that’s true. 80k a week for him is a lot cheaper than dropping 20-30 million on a new striker at even 50k a week (they would realistically expect more than 50k anyway) 

Club doesn't seem to be busting a gut to offer him a new deal, no other young first time player the club wants to keep have been allowed to run down there contract to a year.

We are buying a new striker even if he sign a new contract.

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

See if it was down to him firing us to a title we wouldn't have bombed the season after. The truth of it is that he's a very good premier league striker who has been afforded more minutes than most strikers at this level as well as being a penalty taker, so his numbers always look impressive.

I actually spent ages doing a comparison of his minutes/goals ratio and it came out very similar to most of the "main" strikers in the league. He was very similar to Callum Wilson and Danny Ings

I understand I'm in a minority, probably the same minority that doesn't believe that Danny Simpson and Marc Albrighton aren't the greatest players never to get an England cap :D

Too many negatives in the last paragraph  I can't be arsed to work out what you do or don't not believe.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You go and get it right now

I spent ages on it one day, I remember I even added Glenn Murray or Ashley Barnes into the mix for a laugh and they weren't far off.

I'm about to get extremely drunk on cider, but I'll dig it out on Monday when I'm back on my work pc.

It's definitely closer in my head, I love setting myself up for a fall on here lol

Anyway, if you're reading Jamie, I love you and think you're great, I'm just not having you at the same level as Aguero, Haaland, Lewandowski and Mbappe :D

13 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I spent ages on it one day, I remember I even added Glenn Murray or Ashley Barnes into the mix for a laugh and they weren't far off.

I'm about to get extremely drunk on cider, but I'll dig it out on Monday when I'm back on my work pc.

It's definitely closer in my head, I love setting myself up for a fall on here lol

Anyway, if you're reading Jamie, I love you and think you're great, I'm just not having you at the same level as Aguero, Haaland, Lewandowski and Mbappe :D

I've caught this very late but what is this based on, his PL career or the title winning season? 

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I've caught this very late but what is this based on, his PL career or the title winning season? 

Barnes wasn't even a premier league player in 2015/16 so it can't be that season.

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

See if it was down to him firing us to a title we wouldn't have bombed the season after. The truth of it is that he's a very good premier league striker who has been afforded more minutes than most strikers at this level as well as being a penalty taker, so his numbers always look impressive.

I actually spent ages doing a comparison of his minutes/goals ratio and it came out very similar to most of the "main" strikers in the league. He was very similar to Callum Wilson and Danny Ings

I understand I'm in a minority, probably the same minority that doesn't believe that Danny Simpson and Marc Albrighton aren't the greatest players never to get an England cap :D

Vardys game is about so much more than this, I can't believe a City fan couldn't see this

• Like 3

Over their whole premier league careers,

Vardy has 0.54 goals per 90 minute, or a goal every 166 minutes.

Barnes has 0.36 goals per 90 minutes, or a goal every 249 minutes.

Don't know what stats @filbertwaywas looking at, but for those two as an example it's not even close.

For Ings it's slightly closer, 0.46 goals every 90 minutes or a goal every 192 minutes. But still shows Vardy a level above.

Edited by Facecloth

5 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Arsenal have of a knack of not giving their foreign youngsters playing time in the 1st team, if Arteta wants Gabriel Martinelli to go out on loan this summer to another EPL club we should sign him. He's going to be a future star and we may get a chance to sign him up permanently.

He'll be class but they wouldn't let us have him, like AMN.

• Like 1