Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's just irksome that there's a level of player now that we deem too much of a risk and don't enter the market for them until their next subsequent move. That's why we seldom pick up players for less than £15m.

I suppose we haven't done too badly at this recruitment game but we seem to struggle in attacking areas and maybe taking a chance on 2 or 3 at lower prices might be more fruitful. 

Hopefully once we start having a bit more money to spend from European football we can carry on picking up these kinds of players

Kapustka and Diabate may have turned out to be duff signings, but I would be happy if we took more risks on those kinds of players, even if we just send them out on loan

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

I think he'd bang in a good number of goals, the problem is he's so hot and cold and his all round game leaves a lot to be desired. Just a lack of energy up top from him, so many times he barely looks like he can be bothered. But he'll get some goals. 

Probably a fair assessment that.

Reckon it will be Edouard (ST) and Romain Faivre (RW) and then hopefully a CB? With KDH & Sowah coming into the sqaud hopefully. Don't think Rodgers trusts Hamza or Mendy to cover to Ndidi so i wouldnt be suprised to see us go for that french fella who's contract is up next summer from Lille. Can see Hamza possibly leaving if we were to get a decent offer, Morgan, Fuchs & Jakpuovic not to have their contracts extended. 

As much i would love us to sign Thavun, i just cannot see the club signing a 28 year old who would be on 70-100k £ when Faivre (22) seems like a much better long term, probably more affordable option. 

Edited by OhYesNdidi

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

It's just irksome that there's a level of player now that we deem too much of a risk and don't enter the market for them until their next subsequent move. That's why we seldom pick up players for less than £15m.

I suppose we haven't done too badly at this recruitment game but we seem to struggle in attacking areas and maybe taking a chance on 2 or 3 at lower prices might be more fruitful. 

The issue there is these level of players need a fair amount of games to iron out deficencies and polish off their rough edges. Affording a player that luxury at a top 4 club in the strongest league in the world isn't usually viable.

I guess it's a victim of success type scenario given where the club is now. These guys need to go to weaker leagues and smaller clubs now before they are ready to compete at the top level and because of that you pay a premium when they prove they can make the step up.

It's no coincidence that the very top clubs in the top leagues barely sign the type of players you have profiled here and if they do they are punted out on loan for 2-3 years first.

• Like 1

We need 5 really good players in the summer and a big clear out.

Edouard/Daka

Faivre/Thauvin

Soumare 

Tarkowoski

Bertrand ( for Fuchs )

With James, Fuchs and Morgan all going we need to cover them and also get rid of Hamza and sent under back to Roma he’s absolutely pathetic.

• Like 1

Just now, Sankey93 said:

Edouard/Daka

Faivre/Thauvin

Soumare 

Tarkowoski

Bertrand ( for Fuchs )

With James, Fuchs and Morgan all going we need to cover them and also get rid of Hamza and sent under back to Roma he’s absolutely pathetic.

Agree on four of the names and positions. But even with the anticipated outgoings, five is a very large number to accommodate into a squad. we did that in 2016, disastrously, and usually sign fewer.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Fuchs sign a short term deal until Xmas to cover LB & LCB until JJ is fit. I'd rather that than add Bertrand to 'get in the way' of Thomas's progress.

As we're seeing now, we have nor real cover or competition for Maddison, but again I can see Praet and Perez covering that role for another season. 

1 minute ago, Steve Earle said:

Agree on four of the names and positions. But even with the anticipated outgoings, five is a very large number to accommodate into a squad. we did that in 2016, disastrously, and usually sign fewer.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Fuchs sign a short term deal until Xmas to cover LB & LCB until JJ is fit. I'd rather that than add Bertrand to 'get in the way' of Thomas's progress.

As we're seeing now, we have nor real cover or competition for Maddison, but again I can see Praet and Perez covering that role for another season. 

I think Thomas should be loaned out to a championship side for experience, he needs it ain’t good enough yet imo. With Praet coming back it makes me happy but I’d sell Perez if they got a half decent offer and get a replacement in.

I suggested this lad last summer when we needed a left footed right winger and I notice that his contract is up this summer. Alex Collado - he's captain of the Barca B team and he'd be a risk free punt on a free transfer.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

I think Thomas should be loaned out to a championship side for experience, he needs it ain’t good enough yet imo. With Praet coming back it makes me happy but I’d sell Perez if they got a half decent offer and get a replacement in.

Harsh @Sankey93! He does show his rawness from time to time, but IMO he's too good to spend a year in the Championship. Even if JJ and Castagne were fully fit, I suspect with CLor EL games next season, Thomas would play 15+ matches. Would it be a gamble to ask him to play more? Yes it would. But one we should take rather than sign a player on the decline.

1 minute ago, Steve Earle said:

Harsh @Sankey93! He does show his rawness from time to time, but IMO he's too good to spend a year in the Championship. Even if JJ and Castagne were fully fit, I suspect with CLor EL games next season, Thomas would play 15+ matches. Would it be a gamble to ask him to play more? Yes it would. But one we should take rather than sign a player on the decline.

We were forced into taking a risk with JJ this year and his progress has been out of this world. Perhaps if we took the risk with Thomas, he might develop in the same way. Unfortunately for him, he is unlikely to get that run of games if Castagne and Ricardo occupy the full back positions.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I suggested this lad last summer when we needed a left footed right winger and I notice that his contract is up this summer. Alex Collado - he's captain of the Barca B team and he'd be a risk free punt on a free transfer.

Contract being extended and he is being pulled into the first team for next season unfortunately!

With the money issues Barcelona have they are seemingly starting to bring through a lot of the more talented youth players they have into the first team

I think the problem with Traore is that he gets off on beating three or four players, so much so that by the time it comes to taking a cross or shot, he spaffs his pants and it causes a distraction..... probably what all that lube is for.

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Hopefully once we start having a bit more money to spend from European football we can carry on picking up these kinds of players

Kapustka and Diabate may have turned out to be duff signings, but I would be happy if we took more risks on those kinds of players, even if we just send them out on loan

Agree with the post but not the example. Diabate was a break from our mould of well scouted, thought out signings. 

he was genuinely a recommendation from the managers son. We’re better than that 

Edited by Lambert09

54 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

The issue there is these level of players need a fair amount of games to iron out deficencies and polish off their rough edges. Affording a player that luxury at a top 4 club in the strongest league in the world isn't usually viable.

I guess it's a victim of success type scenario given where the club is now. These guys need to go to weaker leagues and smaller clubs now before they are ready to compete at the top level and because of that you pay a premium when they prove they can make the step up.

It's no coincidence that the very top clubs in the top leagues barely sign the type of players you have profiled here and if they do they are punted out on loan for 2-3 years first.

....I understand what you mean, but it is not as if we are throwing in three newbies into the first team at the same time!!!

We can speculatively bring on a player in a situation without devaluing the team greatly. We ran with Barnes and brought him through, like any other player you have to see the potential and trust that they will come through.

The big boys can sit back and pick up the finished article when the player has shown he can play at this level. They will always have this advantage.

34 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

Edouard/Daka

Faivre/Thauvin

Soumare 

Tarkowoski

Bertrand ( for Fuchs )

I agree partly. I think Edouard/Daka, Faivre/Thauvin and Soumare would be great. Not convinced we need Tarkowski. If it's a steal, then maybe, but I think CB is a low priority position. Just no to Bertrand. He's just going to be in Thomas's way. I'd much rather Thomas got the experience whenever Ricardo or Castagne were unavailable. Then when JJ's back around November, we'd have one too many full-backs. I'd maybe think about getting in a LB on a short-term loan to cover JJ, but I don't think it's that important.

As for James, Fuchs and Morgan - do you really think we need to replace them? Fuchs and Morgan are only emergency cover these days. If we hadn't had such rotten luck with injuries in defence earlier in the season, neither would have played. I think Thomas is Fuchs's replacement, and we might sign that Neilson from Dundee who would replace both. When was the last time Matty James played for us? I think we're managing alright without him. We don't have to replace deadwood. We just have to get rid. Agree re: Hamza. I just think we've outgrown him, sadly. KDH will be added to the squad, anyway. Agree re: Under, as well. No chance we'll be buying him.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

I think it would do him the world of good! Maybe I am being a little harsh but he needs more experience and with Castagne and Ricky he won’t get a chance here.