Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

10 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

If we secure CL and Arsenal finish outside the European spots I'd like us to go in for Saka. Might be a stretch but we need to put the money down and start treating these so called big guns like they've played us in the past. Best case we secure a fantastic upcoming player, worst case we force them into offering him a bumper contract which takes money out of their pot for new recruits. Might even tempt one of the other big six to make a move, but regardless it's a win win situation as it slows down Arsenal's revival. 

Agree 

7 hours ago, ian__marshall said:

If we secure CL and Arsenal finish outside the European spots I'd like us to go in for Saka. Might be a stretch but we need to put the money down and start treating these so called big guns like they've played us in the past. Best case we secure a fantastic upcoming player, worst case we force them into offering him a bumper contract which takes money out of their pot for new recruits. Might even tempt one of the other big six to make a move, but regardless it's a win win situation as it slows down Arsenal's revival. 

That idea really appeals to me. Let them know that's where we stand.

Edited by trabuch
  • Like 1

My wish list:

On 26/12/2020 at 11:36, 18to18 said:

My January wish list:

9:  Abdallah Sima, Slavia Praha:  19 year-old Senegalese center forward.  Tall and lanky, strong in the air, speedy.  Has an awkward gait - not like Haaland, but different.  Wriggles out of what seem like certain tackles.  Had a few excellent performances in the Europa League.  Obviously not Vardy, but I noticed Vardy-like movements and runs from him.
10:  Romain Faivre, Brest:  22 year-old French attacking midfielder.  Left-footed, free-kick merchant.  Over 2 key passes per match.  But covers well and is physical when he has to be.  More physical, left-footed version of Mads?
5:  Sven Botman, Lille:  20 year-old Dutch left-footed central defender.  Mountain of a young man at the same size as Van Dijk but he moves very well.  Ajax cut him loose and he's been a force for Lille so far. 

Not certain what to do about the wings, because I'm still not certain what our manager needs out of his wings based on whichever system he's playing.  But get these three in and you've got a Vardy understudy, more attacking intent to break down blocks in the midfield, and another young monstrous (but left-footed!) man at the back.  Depth everywhere and a solid squad to make the run in and bolster European dreams.

On 26/12/2020 at 17:05, 18to18 said:

And if you need a younger, bigger, stronger version of Ayoze:

Adam Hlozek, Sparta Praha.  18 years old, plays as a RW or second striker. 

On 01/02/2021 at 10:50, 18to18 said:

Brest is looking for $14 million for Faivre .  https://www.90min.com/posts/romain-faivre-things-to-know-brest-man-utd-psg-french-transfer

I'd love to see a last minute surprise for him like Praet. 

More on Faivre https://www.ligue1.com/Articles/LIGUE-1-SHOW/2021/01/29/romain-faivre-brest-s-emerging-midfield-force

On 02/02/2021 at 23:18, 18to18 said:

Still want to land Sima or Faivre in the summer, however, prudent and efficient seems to be the undercurrent, my new suggestion:

9:  Janni Serra, Holstein Kiel:  22 year-old German CF.  193 cm (6' 4") with pace and dribbling ability, strong in the air.  Previously in Dortmund's system, he smashed the U17 and U19 Bundesliga, tore his ACL and MCL at age 18 playing at the U19 Euros.  As often happens, injuries forced him into the background.  Dortmund II loaned him to Bochum and eventually sold him to Kiel. 

Recovery began in earnest at Kiel where in 18/19 he posted 10 goals and 5 assists for 15 contributions in 30 appearances and 2198 minutes played - a goal contribution every 146 minutes played. 

In the shortened 19/20, he posted 7 goals and 3 assists for 10 contributions in 19 appearances and 1389 minutes played - a goal contribution every 93 minutes played.

This season, he's hit his stride, posting 7 goals and 1 assist for 8 contributions in 19 appearances and 1280 minutes played - a goal contribution every 160 minutes played, which seems like a wobble, BUT the goals are still adding in:

18/19:  goal every 220 minutes

19/20:  goal every 198 minutes

20/21:  goal every 182 minutes

Cost:  Contract expires in June, so he comes in on a free.

Summary:  Big, Strong, fast, aerial CF scores a goal each week and comes in on a free.  SIGN HIS PRE-CONTRACT TODAY.

On 12/02/2021 at 21:56, 18to18 said:

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/sport/allan-campbell-not-thinking-about-where-his-future-lies/

Anyone know a bit about Campbell?  Another player out of contract.