Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
deanolegend1989

Start of the End?

6 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

..if we do not make top 4 this season then BR has failed.

He will have FAILED to win the league AGAIN

He will have FAILED to finish second AGAIN

He will have FAILED to finish third AGAIN

He will have FAILED to finish fourth AGAIN

He's FAILED to win the League Cup AGAIN

He's FAILED to win the Europa League with us.

He'll probably FAIL to win the FA Cup AGAIN.

Surprised people aren't staging protests outside the stadium every day against Rodgers given how much he's FAILED in his two years with us.

6 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Surprised people aren't staging protests outside the stadium every day against Rodgers given how much he's FAILED in his two years with us.

You just said the word FAILED a lot there, Geoff - are you trying to tell us something? :P

7 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

The only situation we’re in is a good one, regardless of the past two results. 

You can’t sugar coat the fact we’re a mess, but it isn’t anyone fault, you can’t blame people for the amount of injuries we have had, two of which have been clear accidents, what is Rodgers meant to do? Give the players ligaments and cartilage a pep talk? 

The squad has been stretched to the limit and it has finally tipped over the edge, you can’t blame anyone in this incident, I mean do you shout at Praet not to make that run? Just in case you’re worried he might get injured.... injuries happen, a lot of teams have struggled with it, the “big six” tend to have the recourses to easily rotate, even Arsenal today, can call upon Willian, Pepe and Lacazette, that’s millions worth of players. 

It’s why the league has been so close bar Sheff United. It’s been a proper odd season, and we’ve been phenomenal for most of it, it’s just it has finally caught up with us, we still have a chance, a slim one, but we still have a chance. The lads shouldn’t be condemned for what’s happening, they’ve ran their bollocks off this season so far.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

He hasn't failed of we don't finish top 4. But you're staunch defence of Rodgers at all times is quite something.

Rodgers is highly paid. Paid more than Klopp. He is not working with De Laet and Schlupo. He has world class talent at his disposal. Top 6 is our aim and should be our aim. If we wanted to finish 9th or 10th we might as well have kept Puel (don't go on a rant please) or hired some other bloke on half Rodgers salary.

Rodgers has been handed the greatest squad we've ever had. Let's judge him based I'm results he achieves with that rather than compare him to previous managers who had vastly inferior squads.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Koke said:

He hasn't failed of we don't finish top 4. But you're staunch defence of Rodgers at all times is quite something.

Rodgers is highly paid. Paid more than Klopp. He is not working with De Laet and Schlupo. He has world class talent at his disposal. Top 6 is our aim and should be our aim. If we wanted to finish 9th or 10th we might as well have kept Puel (don't go on a rant please) or hired some other bloke on half Rodgers salary.

Rodgers has been handed the greatest squad we've ever had. Let's judge him based I'm results he achieves with that rather than compare him to previous managers who had vastly inferior squads.

Results say we are currently 3rd, yet you and some other doom and gloomers post like we are about to be relegated lol

Maybe you should focus less on what Rodgers is paid and more on how much he has been given to spend on the squad. I think that is a better measure of the job he is currently doing. 

He does not have world class talent at his disposal, he has a spine of a very strong Premier League team but a real shortage of top players he can call on for rotation or to cope with a huge injury list, which we currently have. 

Previous managers did have inferior squads, but they finished 9th, 9th and 12th. Rodgers has finished 5th and currently has us sitting 3rd. I would say based on results so far, he is doing a very good job. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Results say we are currently 3rd, yet you and some other doom and gloomers post like we are about to be relegated lol

Maybe you should focus less on what Rodgers is paid and more on how much he has been given to spend on the squad. I think that is a better measure of the job he is currently doing. 

He does not have world class talent at his disposal, he has a spine of a very strong Premier League team but a real shortage of top players he can call on for rotation or to cope with a huge injury list, which we currently have. 

Previous managers did have inferior squads, but they finished 9th, 9th and 12th. Rodgers has finished 5th and currently has us sitting 3rd. I would say based on results so far, he is doing a very good job. 

In the process playing some of the best football seen from a LCFC team. Developed some homegrown talent into superb players. 

Rodgers annoys me when he tries to overthink things but he managed the balance brilliantly in the first half of the season (and it went largely unrewarded by the fans). I’m sure if you look at predictions for the start of the season - people suggesting on the whole 10th to 8th 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

In the process playing some of the best football seen from a LCFC team. Developed some homegrown talent into superb players. 

Rodgers annoys me when he tries to overthink things but he managed the balance brilliantly in the first half of the season (and it went largely unrewarded by the fans). I’m sure if you look at predictions for the start of the season - people suggesting on the whole 10th to 8th 

People were concerned about the demands of Europe if I remember rightly and they of course have been correct, it has taken its toll battling on 3 fronts with a much depleted squad and no activity in the window. 3rd and still a real chance of fighting for top 4, is a huge achievement so far, not to mention a quarter final coming up too 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Koke said:

Are you perhaps unaware of the post Geoff was lampooning?

Everything is the start of the end. The very birth of the universe was the start of its end. 

luckily there have been a few bright spots in the darkness of doom. We gather around those like moths. 

anyway, what were you saying? Nah, fuch off mate. This is the start of something epic. And then also, maybe, the start of the end. 

Jack Daniels is your friend.