Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Match Ratings: Leicester City 0-2 Man City - Vote Now

Leicester City 0-2 Man City

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 5.9

Total Average Rating

119 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

Wesley Fofana 6.6
  3. Lowest Rated Player

Jamie Vardy 5.4
  4. Manager Confidence 94% -4%

Season: 2020/21
Voting Starts: 03/04/21
Voting Ends: 08/04/21

1. Kasper Schmeichel
  2. Daniel Amartey
  3. Jonny Evans
  4. Wesley Fofana
  5. Marc Albrighton
  6. Youri Tielemans
  7. Wilfred Ndidi
  8. Timothy Castagne
  9. Ayoze Pérez
  10. Kelechi Iheanacho
  11. Jamie Vardy
  12. Ricardo Pereira (sub)
  13. James Maddison (sub)
  14. Nampalys Mendy (sub)

1 hour ago, inckley fox said:

How anyone could seriously watch that game and have Vardy as our worst performer is totally beyond me.

Until Maddison came on our midfield were all defending. Vardy had zero support from them. 

• Like 3

Kasper,s distribution was awful time and again went out of play or to their players. Youri was dreadful tonight I am sure I will get moaned at for saying that, but so was Albrighton, Evans, Amartey, Ndidi, Perez. We were beaten by The better team, however the fundamentals of football remain the same pass to players in the  same coloured shirt.

21 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

Kasper,s distribution was awful time and again went out of play or to their players. Youri was dreadful tonight I am sure I will get moaned at for saying that, but so was Albrighton, Evans, Amartey, Ndidi, Perez. We were beaten by The better team, however the fundamentals of football remain the same pass to players in the  same coloured shirt.

....we may have rode our luck a bit in the first half but we had the score at 0-0!!!

I suspect Rodgers was not too worried as we were replicating the previous tactics which saw us overcome them in our previous encounter. We had Maddison available to come on pretty much at the start of the second half and the substitution did not happen when I believed we could have switched the game up a bit with a change of personnel. We delayed and found ourselves 2 - 0 down and brought Maddison and Ricardo on with 19 minutes to go, no reason why we waited that long as Maddison was chomping at the bit to get on.

On this occasion without Barnes as an outlet we struggled to catch them on a break as per Vardy making his run too soon and going offside. We lack the pace we needed in this game to counter them, they will always be vulnerable to the counter, we just did not have the players to make it work today.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....we may have rode our luck a bit in the first half but we had the score at 0-0!!!

I suspect Rodgers was not too worried as we were replicating the previous tactics which saw us overcome them in our previous encounter. We had Maddison available to come on pretty much at the start of the second half and the substitution did not happen when I believed we could have switched the game up a bit with a change of personnel. We delayed and found ourselves 2 - 0 down and brought Maddison and Ricardo on with 19 minutes to go, no reason why we waited that long as Maddison was chomping at the bit to get on.

On this occasion without Barnes as an outlet we struggled to catch them on a break as per Vardy making his run too soon and going offside. We lack the pace we needed in this game to counter them, they will always be vulnerable to the counter, we just did not have the players to make it work today.

Both Maddison and Ricardo would have been predetermined by the medical staff that they would get 20 minutes on their return. 
It’s all about being smart with players returning from injury and easing them back in.

3 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Both Maddison and Ricardo would have been predetermined by the medical staff that they would get 20 minutes on their return. 
It’s all about being smart with players returning from injury and easing them back in.

I seriously doubt it would be that precise.

But interesting if medical staff are making our substitution decisions.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Surprised you say that. I thought he worked hard, got involved and helped out considerably in defence.

I get that he worked hard but as a forward player he offered very little , when he got in good positions he either gave the ball away or was outmuscled.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dayday said:

I get that he worked hard but as a forward player he offered very little , when he got in good positions he either gave the ball away or was outmuscled.

True that he didn’t offer much offensively, but neither did anyone else. It was clear they they’d been sent out and told to defend for their lives with the possibility of switching things up towards the end. Plan failed, but worked out at their place.

• Like 1

Can't believe Albrighton has a higher rating than Vardy.

Vardy wasn't great, but much of that is because the vast majority of the game was played in our half.

He at least closed the ball down and won it a couple of times. I can't think of a positive contribution from Albrighton, who was awful until he was rightly dragged.

Unfortunately I don't think our Marc has the concentration levels required for a game of park the bus. Not all his fault, it's not really his position. His good defensive work rate from RM at times can falsely instil faith that he's a good defender. He isn't.

22 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Can't believe Albrighton has a higher rating than Vardy.

Vardy wasn't great, but much of that is because the vast majority of the game was played in our half.

He at least closed the ball down and won it a couple of times. I can't think of a positive contribution from Albrighton, who was awful until he was rightly dragged.

Unfortunately I don't think our Marc has the concentration levels required for a game of park the bus. Not all his fault, it's not really his position. His good defensive work rate from RM at times can falsely instil faith that he's a good defender. He isn't.

I agree, if he'd have been in front of Ricardo in a 4, arguably they'd have been more effective. Taking Armarty in his previously untried left of 3 centre backs out, would also have given the option of another more mobile midfielder. Praet instead of Perez would also have added a little more steel, guile and passing ability. To be honest, I thought it was a disorganised dogs dinner. 

On 04/04/2021 at 06:22, dayday said:

I thought Wilf was our best player, Perez was the worst, so lightweight.

He actually put in a very good shift in defending. No forward really got any service because the midfield and defence weren't getting the ball out. So you're not judging him on what he failed to do - he got little opportunity to do his job.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lichfieldfox. said:

Ridiculous that one loss to the best team in UK leads to a 4% loss in manager confidence. Give your head a wobble folks.

Looking at the numbers, it's only the difference of 4 people. 4 people who probably only ever vote to vent. Wouldn't read anything into it.