Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Who do you want Summer 2021

22 minutes ago, matty98 said:

We need wingers, I'll be annoyed if we start the season with the same wide options again.

Would like us to sign 1 or 2 of these:

Leon Bailey - Only 2 years left on his contract now and had a great season, 15 goals and 11 assists

Steven Berghuis - Allegedly available for 4m euros, which is unreal value considering he's coming off the back of a season with 18 goals and 14 assists.

Noa Lang - Only 21 and had an excellent season for Club Brugge, 17 goals and 11 assists.

Marcus Thuram - Only 2 years left on his contract and he'd add some much needed physicality to our team, 11 goals and 12 assists.

If Thuram is half as good as his dad he would be better than most. However a bit pricy for us probably. Berghuis is great at home but made little impact at Watford.

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Trincao, Puig and Firpo please, with a cheeky loan for Coutinho

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/barcelona-transfer-news-coutinho-griezmann-24282651

Barcelona put a staggering 18 players including Philippe Coutinho 'up for sale' to tackle debt

Coutino, Griezmann, Busquets, Alba, Lenglet, Roberto, Umtiti, Firpo, Braithwaite, Fernandes, Pjanic, Dembele, Dest, Pique, Puig, Trincao, Emerson

Hahahahaa haven't the only signed Emerson from Betis a week ago?

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

If Thuram is half as good as his dad he would be better than most. However a bit pricy for us probably. Berghuis is great at home but made little impact at Watford.

Thurman is off to Spurs allegedly, forming some sort of think tank for a new manager appointment I guess

11 minutes ago, ScrumpyJack said:

Slightly excited at the completely baseless prospect of Ziyech :ph34r:

Scored nearly all his goals in the Dutch league ,2 for Chelsea last season. Would cost what Chelsea paid for him, 35 million and would want 130k a week and is defensively poor ,even Perez is better than that. 

49 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Scored nearly all his goals in the Dutch league ,2 for Chelsea last season. Would cost what Chelsea paid for him, 35 million and would want 130k a week and is defensively poor ,even Perez is better than that. 

Oh for sure, but he arrives with some caveats.

1) First season in the Premier League under his belt.

2) Had to endure over half a season under the most clueless manager in Premier League history.

3) 1 G/A every 190 minutes

4) Left-footed right winger who has some positional flexibility

Definitely a better alternative to Perez and Trincao et al.

Anyway, forget all my very articulate points in a numbered list, here’s a YouTube dubstep compilation.

https://youtu.be/QTqMsjO_wvc

Edited by ScrumpyJack
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ScrumpyJack said:

Oh for sure, but he arrives with some caveats.

1) First season in the Premier League under his belt.

2) Had to endure over half a season under the most clueless manager in Premier League history.

3) 1 G/A every 190 minutes

4) Left-footed right winger who has some positional flexibility

Definitely a better alternative to Perez and Trincao et al.

Think this one is trotted out way too readily, like it allows the target to imbue some of the spirit of Mahrez. 

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

No, his contract at Betis was up this summer so they've paid a reduced fee rather than it go to tribunal. Like what we do in this country for under 25 players who's contracts expire.

Ah fair enough. Must admit, my knowledge was from tracking him on football manager lol

Wiki seems to point to some joint financial package between the 2 clubs in 2019, for which Barcelona exercised their option of a €9m in July 2021, after being on loan at Betis for 2 and a half seasons. Clearly, with the option of selling on for immediate profit. 

Strange deals in Spain. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Think this one is trotted out way too readily, like it allows the target to imbue some of the spirit of Mahrez. 

I’m just repeating what every other gobshite is saying about Leicester wanting a left-footed right winger :dunno:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

Ah fair enough. Must admit, my knowledge was from tracking him on football manager lol

Wiki seems to point to some joint financial package between the 2 clubs in 2019, for which Barcelona exercised their option of a €9m in July 2021, after being on loan at Betis for 2 and a half seasons. Clearly, with the option of selling on for immediate profit. 

Strange deals in Spain. 

Yeah very weird, like an Italian co ownership deal that is except Betis seem to have had the bum deal given they both paid 50%, it's been a glorified loan deal but at a fair old price to them whilst growing the players reputation. 

5 minutes ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

image.png.0f4f0854072c0288fafa8925144f37b6.png

No Idea who this bloke is, but i'm desperate and bored so will believe him. Surely we'd have another go.

I'm not so sure they deserve to make money on him though. He cost them £28m and what's he done there that suggests we pay £30-40m for him?

I'd rather we look elsewhere but if we are willing to pay that then it means we are going for it this summer.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

image.png.0f4f0854072c0288fafa8925144f37b6.png

No Idea who this bloke is, but i'm desperate and bored so will believe him. Surely we'd have another go.

Depay expected to come in and a lad called Collado expected to come into the first team

Messi, Dembele, Fati, Griezmann, Depay, Collado, Coutinho - quite a few players for Trincao to try and get ahead of, can't blame him for thinking about a move really

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm not so sure they deserve to make money on him though. He cost them £28m and what's he done there that suggests we pay £30-40m for him?

I'd rather we look elsewhere but if we are willing to pay that then it means we are going for it this summer.

I think last summer we offered them a loan for 2 years with an obligation to buy for €40m (https://twitter.com/fabrizioromano/status/1306296484997091328)

With the interest in him when he was at Braga, and the interest last summer and the supposed links already, I wouldn't be surprised if we do go in for him (we like going after players we have wanted for a while)

Also fits into Brendans whole, signing "broken" players or whatever it was

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Also fits into Brendans whole, signing "broken" players or whatever it was

I love how bizarre that whole broken players thing was.

He’s like an Irish Fagin. Although I’m sure some Turks would argue he broke Under!

On 08/06/2021 at 22:22, Ric Flair said:

The more I think about it, the more I think Noni Madueke will be our number 1 target for right winger. Buying young English players is very difficult at the best of times but it's slightly easier from lower leagues or abroad and if we can get him for less than £25m then it's good value for a player of his potential.

He has it all, can play out wide or as a 10 or striker and that might be part of Rodgers long term plan of a fluid front 3 of Barnes Edouard/Iheanacho and Madueke.

Go get him

How would he compare against, say Marcus Edwards, who's been linked with a move to Sporting from Guimaraes?

6 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

How would he compare against, say Marcus Edwards, who's been linked with a move to Sporting from Guimaraes?

Another player who could well be worth a look. He was better in 2019/20 than 2020/21 but definitely making a good career. Madueke seems to have it all though, I think he'll be senior England International material within 18 months.

• Thanks 1

ziyech would be excellent here. problem is in general with moroccans is that when they go to big teams they often lose their places and never get back. Ziyech was used to being the star at ajax. at chelsea, with so much rotation changing teammates and, in general, instability, its been much more difficult. hes more of a finesse player than mahrez imo. tuchel playedhim way too centerally and has clear german bias as well so its been difficult. reckon hell go to italy though. 

regarding trincao, that report basically says that the player wouldnt care about leaving, ie that hes ok wih it, and, that barcelona recognise that they need to sell him. 

RIGHT WINGER CLUB:

Add to this list right wingers (preferably left footed that you've unearthed/would like at Leicester), let's see if we can pick the one we end up with.

Noni Madueke

Michael Olise

Ludovic Blas

Yusuf Demir

Viktor Tsygankov

Dennis Man

Romain Faivre

Trincao

Matheus Pereira

Robert Skov

Abdallah Sima

Akinkunmi Amoo

Moussa Diaby

Mohamed Ihatteren

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

RIGHT WINGER CLUB:

Add to this list right wingers (preferably left footed that you've unearthed/would like at Leicester), let's see if we can pick the one we end up with.

Noni Madueke

Michael Olise

Ludovic Blas

Yusuf Demir

Viktor Tsygankov

Dennis Man

Romain Faivre

Trincao

Matheus Pereira

Robert Skov

Abdallah Sima

Akinkunmi Amoo

Moussa Diaby

Mohamed Ihatteren

Jordan Larsson

Henrik Larsson’s son, Jordan Larsson. 

Left footed right winger, bagged 15 goals & 5 assists for Spartak Moscow last season. Not proven in a tough league of course, but he’s a decent prospect.

Edited by Shane
  • Like 1