Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Who do you want Summer 2021

45 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

In terms of who is currently in the house, we have potentially KDH (Who doesn`t feature in our theoretical overhaul) and Benkovic (Who does not provide the confidence in depth nor experience), is there anyone else who could come in, even as a deputy to cover any of the positions? Sowah maybe as the Barnes deputy?

Difficult to see us not either coming up short in some positions or selling a saleable asset

Knight( if we don't sell him) can cover CB and DM. He is a hardened performer now and arguably a better player than Dan.

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

Knight( if we don't sell him) can cover CB and DM. He is a hardened performer now and arguably a better player than Dan.

He feels more like a backup (or cash generator) rather than the required experienced head I would argue.

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

He feels more like a backup (or cash generator) rather than the required experienced head I would argue.

I agree we do need an experienced defender , Bertrand or Tarkowski, would be fine. We have seen what Thomas can do and I am sure Knight is equally capable. He has just had a full season with Wycombe while Benko has hardly played. We have extended his contract and the fact he was Wycombe's player of the season means that Rodgers is getting good reports on his progress.

4 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I agree we do need an experienced defender , Bertrand or Tarkowski, would be fine. We have seen what Thomas can do and I am sure Knight is equally capable. He has just had a full season with Wycombe while Benko has hardly played. We have extended his contract and the fact he was Wycombe's player of the season means that Rodgers is getting good reports on his progress.

If Knight was good enough for a top 6 challenging squad he would at least be getting interest from top half Championship teams, however so far there has only been interest in signing him from a relegated Wycombe and newly promoted Peterborough

Hasn’t even been offered a new multi-year deal to stay at the club, instead we took advantage of a clause to extend his contract by 1 year so we can get a fee for him

He was also playing very defensive football at Wycombe, barely any resemblance of our style of football

Knight will be gone as soon as we get a reasonable offer for him, probably somewhere around £1m with a few clauses and a sell on fee included

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

If Knight was good enough for a top 6 challenging squad he would at least be getting interest from top half Championship teams, however so far there has only been interest in signing him from a relegated Wycombe and newly promoted Peterborough

Hasn’t even been offered a new multi-year deal to stay at the club, instead we took advantage of a clause to extend his contract by 1 year so we can get a fee for him

He was also playing very defensive football at Wycombe, barely any resemblance of our style of football

Knight will be gone as soon as we get a reasonable offer for him, probably somewhere around £1m with a few clauses and a sell on fee included

I agree if we get an acceptable offer we should let him go. However I am a believer in examining all available assets closely before making decisions we might later regret. Our squad contains a number of players who would not normally be considered top 6 class but will not be leaving this club anytime soon. They remain important support players. I am expecting far less business than some on here think will happen and barring an acceptable offer Knight will still be with us. If he is , we should use him.

Edited by An Sionnach

7 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I agree if we get an acceptable offer we should let him go. However I am a believer in examining all available assets closely before making decisions we might later regret. Our squad contains a number of players who would not normally be considered top 6 class but will not be leaving this club anytime soon. They remain important support players. I am expecting far less business than some on here think will happen and barring an acceptable offer Knight will still be with us. If he is , we should use him.

Why on earth? Why would we field a player that only bottom half championship clubs rate if we're serious about competing for the top 6 again?

He'll go to one of those clubs for somewhere around £1m, as @moore_94 said

6 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Why on earth? Why would we field a player that only bottom half championship clubs rate if we're serious about competing for the top 6 again?

He'll go to one of those clubs for somewhere around £1m, as @moore_94 said

I don't see any way that this club can have 23 players of proven top class. If we become a club that attracts 40 or 50 thousand supporters for home games then maybe. Only a few years ago we assembled a squad of cast-offs, free transfers and cheap deals that won the premiership. Realistically some of our squad has to be competent but not high class players.

24 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I don't see any way that this club can have 23 players of proven top class. If we become a club that attracts 40 or 50 thousand supporters for home games then maybe. Only a few years ago we assembled a squad of cast-offs, free transfers and cheap deals that won the premiership. Realistically some of our squad has to be competent but not high class players.

I think you massively under estimate the position we have gotten ourselves in to, it's not as easy as just plugging gaps with players who did alright at Peterborough and Wycombe.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think you massively under estimate the position we have gotten ourselves in to, it's not as easy as just plugging gaps with players who did alright at Peterborough and Wycombe.

U are 100% right , we need hardened 1st grade players not up and comeers. 

Everywhere is stuff full of overrated players , should be of no interest to us. Its the underrated ones that have been the core of our success. Football management games and bone-headed media hacks rarely spot them. I have a feeling that some of our fringe players , who regularly get dismissed, are better than you think.

I am concerned.

I'm concerned that with all the rumour and speculation about various players FT will not achieve a single 50 page thread in Transfer Talk during the close season. :D

3 minutes ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

Kamara for Finland looks a decent player. Obviously we have ndidi and soon to be Soumare and not forgetting praet and KDH but he'll be a good purchase for a premier league team

He's been linked with Brighton a fair bit over the last 12 months. Can see him being a decent replacement for Bissouma.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Bizarre from Arsenal, they really are the pits.

yeah he was apparently much better that Fofana when they bought him yet Fofana is the star Prem player and Saliba has never made an appearance, I'd take him

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Ramos wants a challenge👀 #welcomeramos

Get this nasty bastard here and involved. Rocket up a few of our lads arses, some shithouse EL performances and a serial winner to boot. Replace our two experienced Prem winners with CL winners in Ramos and Bertrand.

• Like 3

This may be a bit on an 'England First' suggestion, but I would prefer Madueke over M. Perreira or Trincao. A young English player who has done quite well, but has the potential to improve. He comes in, Brendan coaches him to fulfil his potential and for the next 5 years England's starting wingers are Barnes and Madueke. :D

• Like 1