Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Who do you want Summer 2021

9 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Because Chelsea bought him.

Not first they didn’t. We were linked with him three windows before they did. Instead we’ve got utter shite in to replace Riyad lol 

3 hours ago, moore_94 said:

...if anything, this could be the perfect time to pick him up, his second season in the Premiership!!!

Not looking to pay that price for him but we do need a player in that position and he is now in his prime.

Still believe he   waited too long to move and will not have progressed as well as he should, this will effectively be his last chance to compete in a league, no one, where only two teams ruled the nest.

I think he would see coming here as a step down and has always viewed himself playing for the biggest teams.

8 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if anything, this could be the perfect time to pick him up, his second season in the Premiership!!!

Not looking to pay that price for him but we do need a player in that position and he is now in his prime.

Still believe he   waited too long to move and will not have progressed as well as he should, this will effectively be his last chance to compete in a league, no one, where only two teams ruled the nest.

I think he would see coming here as a step down and has always viewed himself playing for the biggest teams.

If Chelsea don't want him ,there must be reason. Avoid.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

If Chelsea don't want him ,there must be reason. Avoid.

Caudrado, Lukaku, De Bruyne, Salah, Izzett.... Off of the top of my head, these are other players that Chelsea didn't want. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I really don't want Tarkowski I just do not rate him, would prefer to try and get Ben White

Different stratosphere’s of cost and surely experience is a strong requirement 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Different stratosphere’s of cost and surely experience is a strong requirement 

with the potential talk of Cags leaving I'd be looking for a certain starter

• Like 1

4 hours ago, messerschmitt said:

he turned us down. twice I think, wanted a bigger club and couldn't get his bags packed quick enough when Chelsea came in, If he came and played well would no doubt be camping at the airports for another big move.

We are a bigger club now. Tielemans made a big club move that did not work out for him. Same could apply here.

He pings some great balls into the penalty area. 

4 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Another hissy-fit Prima Donna. No Thanks.

Based on what?

6 hours ago, messerschmitt said:

We also need a left winger as without Barnes we have to play 5 at the back, if that's the case we wouldn't need a right winger.

...if we had a competent Right Winger, we would not have had to have resorted to a back three!!!

Playing Albrighton there helps to a degree but someone who can run at a defence, with pace and the versatility to give us options. 

The more I think about it, the more I think Noni Madueke will be our number 1 target for right winger. Buying young English players is very difficult at the best of times but it's slightly easier from lower leagues or abroad and if we can get him for less than £25m then it's good value for a player of his potential.

He has it all, can play out wide or as a 10 or striker and that might be part of Rodgers long term plan of a fluid front 3 of Barnes Edouard/Iheanacho and Madueke.

Go get him

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The more I think about it, the more I think Noni Madueke will be our number 1 target for right winger. Buying young English players is very difficult at the best of times but it's slightly easier from lower leagues or abroad and if we can get him for less than £25m then it's good value for a player of his potential.

He has it all, can play out wide or as a 10 or striker and that might be part of Rodgers long term plan of a fluid front 3 of Barnes Edouard/Iheanacho and Madueke.

Go get him

Although he is English he actually misses out on being home grown, no different to going and signing Trincao in that aspect

Same as Eric Dier because they have spent their teenage years abroad

Edited by moore_94

9 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Although he is English he actually misses out on being home grown, no different to going and signing Trincao in that aspect

Same as Eric Dier because they have spent their teenage years abroad

The homegrown quota for Europe is club trained players anyway is it not? I just think the club will see the benefits of signing young English players knowing the premium they attract and that for a club that is one of the best in the PL we don't have that many English players who would be considered for the England side.

Anyway, he looks unbelievable. Very raw but like Fofana it's about getting hold of him now before others above us do.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

The homegrown quota for Europe is club trained players anyway is it not? I just think the club will see the benefits of signing young English players knowing the premium they attract and that for a club that is one of the best in the PL we don't have that many English players who would be considered for the England side.

Anyway, he looks unbelievable. Very raw but like Fofana it's about getting hold of him now before others above us do.

I think it's both club and country. I think it's 8 trained in the country, including 4 trained at the club.

In my naivety I thought Bertrand, Soumare and Edouard would be presented to the audience at 11am as our first 3 signings. Just wishful thinking I guess. July 1st seems to be the earliest for Soumare and Edouard but I thought Bertrand could be here today as he's a free agent.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Won’t he get it for his time at Spurs though? 

Would be fine for the league, however it is slightly different for Europe

League: 3 years at a League club by the time he is 21

Europe: 3 years at a League club between the ages of 15 and 21

Joined PSV when he was 16, so he would be classed as a homegrown player for the league, but as a foreign player for Europe

Trincao, Puig and Firpo please, with a cheeky loan for Coutinho

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/barcelona-transfer-news-coutinho-griezmann-24282651

Barcelona put a staggering 18 players including Philippe Coutinho 'up for sale' to tackle debt

Coutino, Griezmann, Busquets, Alba, Lenglet, Roberto, Umtiti, Firpo, Braithwaite, Fernandes, Pjanic, Dembele, Dest, Pique, Puig, Trincao, Emerson

We need wingers, I'll be annoyed if we start the season with the same wide options again.

Would like us to sign 1 or 2 of these:

Leon Bailey - Only 2 years left on his contract now and had a great season, 15 goals and 11 assists

Steven Berghuis - Allegedly available for 4m euros, which is unreal value considering he's coming off the back of a season with 18 goals and 14 assists.

Noa Lang - Only 21 and had an excellent season for Club Brugge, 17 goals and 11 assists.

Marcus Thuram - Only 2 years left on his contract and he'd add some much needed physicality to our team, 11 goals and 12 assists.

• Like 1