Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Who do you want Summer 2021

3 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Matheus Pereira should definitely be on the shortlist for consideration at the very least.

Played well against Villa ,at least on MOTD. Worth keeping an eye on , he would be cheaper than Trincao. Excellent left foot , does he use his right?

Pereira has nine this season in a poorish team. He would have probably got more with us. He looks well-balanced and strong. 25 y.o. so a good age. Looks to be improving all the time . Where would he fit in? If we play five at the back ,he wouldn't play. If we play four then he plays right side with his name sake Ricci, Harvey would be on the left . If we sign Edouard as well , Rodgers would have plenty of potential combinations to suit most oppositions . The outlay would be about 40 million and for that you would only get Trincao.

Just now, An Sionnach said:

Pereira has nine this season in a poorish team. He would have probably got more with us. He looks well-balanced and strong. 25 y.o. so a good age. Looks to be improving all the time . Where would he fit in? If we play five at the back ,he wouldn't play. If we play four then he plays right side with his name sake Ricci, Harvey would be on the left . If we sign Edouard as well , Rodgers would have plenty of potential combinations to suit most oppositions . The outlay would be about 40 million and for that you would only get Trincao.

Arguably, his best position is cam and so if we played 5atb I think he’d fit it really well.

14 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

scored 4 penalties and 1 free kick out of his 9 goals. So really he has 4 goals from open play which isn't exactly world beating even in a poor West Brom team even with West Brom going down they would want 25m+ for him like Watford did for Sarr last season. There are better options out there. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

scored 4 penalties and 1 free kick out of his 9 goals. So really he has 4 goals from open play which isn't exactly world beating even in a poor West Brom team even with West Brom going down they would want 25m+ for him like Watford did for Sarr last season. There are better options out there. 

Watford wanted that much because they bought him for near £30m. Pereira cost Brom hardly anything, can see him moving for £15m this summer. They only want £10 for Johnstone in goal as well (not that I want him at all).

43 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Watford wanted that much because they bought him for near £30m. Pereira cost Brom hardly anything, can see him moving for £15m this summer. They only want £10 for Johnstone in goal as well (not that I want him at all).

Bournemouth wanted £40m for Brooks after paying £11m

Norwich wanted £30-40m each for Aarons (youth) and Buendia (£2m)

If KDH comes into the squad, arguably we could let Praet move on to somewhere where he would get a regular start. If Ayoze is also surplus to requirements on Pereira coming we could get most of the 40 million we need from those two sales.

8 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

If KDH comes into the squad, arguably we could let Praet move on to somewhere where he would get a regular start. If Ayoze is also surplus to requirements on Pereira coming we could get most of the 40 million we need from those two sales.

£25m at most if we are lucky for those 2

No one is going to pay more than £10m for Perez, maybe about £15m for Praet

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

£25m at most if we are lucky for those 2

No one is going to pay more than £10m for Perez, maybe about £15m for Praet

Denis has been unlucky with us as he can't do what Tielemams and Maddison do but in some teams he would be a very useful player so I think we should look for £25 million as he is a Belgian International.

1 minute ago, MPH said:

I’m half expecting a big bid from. Newly promoted team for KDH

It's going to be interesting to see what happens. If we get CL football and pull in half decent money for Choudhury who's almost certain to leave then I wonder what we'd do if we were offered £15m for Dewsbury-Hall from Norwich or Watford.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's going to be interesting to see what happens. If we get CL football and pull in half decent money for Choudhury who's almost certain to leave then I wonder what we'd do if we were offered £15m for Dewsbury-Hall from Norwich or Watford.

As long as we still meet the home grown requirements for European football (?), I think we take that. For both of those two if we made £30m I think that would be very good for the club.

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

buy back clause :ph34r:

45 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

If we actually want to take next season seriously and compete in 4 comps you simply cannot sell the likes of Perez and Praet to basicalyl buy 1 average winger.

The only play you could move on that is currently in the squad is Hamza. 

We sell Hamza it funds half a winger or pays a loan fee for a winger. 

1 of maybe two signing max this season if you ask me. 

We have some good squad players potentially coming back from on loan we do not need to waste money. 

• Like 3

Viktor Tsygankov's stats this season are exceptional. Ticks all the boxes of a hard working goals and assists machine with pace. Could be the elusive missing jewel in the crown for us, although the Ukranian league comes with its note of caution. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

If we actually want to take next season seriously and compete in 4 comps you simply cannot sell the likes of Perez and Praet to basicalyl buy 1 average winger.

The only play you could move on that is currently in the squad is Hamza. 

We sell Hamza it funds half a winger or pays a loan fee for a winger. 

1 of maybe two signing max this season if you ask me. 

We have some good squad players potentially coming back from on loan we do not need to waste money. 

I've always been of the opinion that if you can get good money for players in their mid 20's or older that aren't really first team players then sell and roll the dice again with a new player especially as we do well in the transfer market.

I'd happily trade Perez, Praet, Choudhury and £20m for Soumare and Trincao.

I'd prefer a smaller squad with about 18 genuine first team players and the rest of the squad made up of fillers like Mendy, Amartey, etc and development players.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I've always been of the opinion that if you can get good money for players in their mid 20's or older that aren't really first team players then sell and roll the dice again with a new player especially as we do well in the transfer market.

I'd happily trade Perez, Praet, Choudhury and £20m for Soumare and Trincao.

I'd prefer a smaller squad with about 18 genuine first team players and the rest of the squad made up of fillers like Mendy, Amartey, etc and development players.

I think next season will be less about risk selling two proven prem players and bringing in two unknown quantities is a risk i cant see us taking next year. 

1 signing will equal 1 sell. So i can see 1 permanent signing (probably a striker) and 1 loan (probably a winger)