Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Who do you want Summer 2021

1 hour ago, MGLCFC said:

Courtinho replaces Perez

Eduoard would take Gray!s place as he was part of our squad this season

Gosens replaces Fuchs

Soumare replaces Choudhury

Daka replaces Mendy as not required

Tarkowski replaces Morgan

Simple

Trincao would have to be accommodated, but I still think there is room.

In this scenario trincao takes unders squad place no? 

1 hour ago, MGLCFC said:

Courtinho replaces Perez

Eduoard would take Gray!s place as he was part of our squad this season

Gosens replaces Fuchs

Soumare replaces Choudhury

Daka replaces Mendy as not required

Tarkowski replaces Morgan

Simple

Trincao would have to be accommodated, but I still think there is room.

Think we had 1 space originally and then gray left freeing up a 2nd, Morgan fuchs and under have all left from last years squad. 5 spots theoretically already. I reckon hamza will go to so 6 all together 

9 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

Think we had 1 space originally and then gray left freeing up a 2nd, Morgan fuchs and under have all left from last years squad. 5 spots theoretically already. I reckon hamza will go to so 6 all together 

Whilst this all is a bit light hearted and unrealistic wish list, I think you originally asked where these would all fit into our squad. With additions comes casualties and undoubtedly some would have to be sold to accommodate those coming in. These could be Perez, Amartey, Choudhury, Mendy as all would be players who wouldn't be considered as good enough to hold down a squad place.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I doubt we'll see more than 4 signings. If we assume Edouard and Soumare are pretty much done, then that means a Fuchs replacement (Bertrand) and maybe a flair player.

I'd rather have those 3 and keep Youri/Wilf/ Cags than have 4 but lose one of them

Leaves us very short at centre back, especially if we have to play 3 at the back.

Guest Bert Fill

I don’t care who they are as long as they’re good and improve the squad, but I’d like to see:

An experienced (but not old) centre back

A box to box midfielder

Two strikers

A right sided wide player (this could be one of the two strikers if they’re good/versatile enough)

25 minutes ago, Merchant_Banker said:

Leaves us very short at centre back, especially if we have to play 3 at the back.

I can't see Knight or maybe even Benkovic going out on loan again so barring them being transferred they must be part of Rodgers's thinking.

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

I can't see Knight or maybe even Benkovic going out on loan again so barring them being transferred they must be part of Rodgers's thinking.

Knight did ok on loan, but I thought we were selling him. Benkovic couldn't get a game on loan and comments attributed to Rodgers suggest he has gone backwards since his time at Celtic.

44 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

CB - I can see us having new LCB (Bertrand), Evans, Cags, Little Wes, Amartey, Benko.

Yes, it's a little light but very few teams can say they're completely fully stocked with quality everywhere. 

Brendan has shown he can adapt - to an extent.

Rodgers didn't play Amartey when Fofana was injured against Spurs, I don't think he trusts him and wouldn't be suprised if he left.

8 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Thought the striker from Sweden looked a handful last night, could have scored though. Unsure on his stats and where he plays currently though. 

Isak ? Yes, him or Breel Embolo will do if we can’t get Daka. :D

We’ve talked ourselves up from ‘everyone’s skint ‘cos of Covid’’ to 3 quality signings to 4 to 5 to 6. 
I like to dream as much as the next fan but genuinely can’t see 6 new players.

Imagine the meltdown on here when the window ends with our having signed Soumare, Edouard, Bertrand & Cahill. And still no right winger!

12 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

We’ve talked ourselves up from ‘everyone’s skint ‘cos of Covid’’ to 3 quality signings to 4 to 5 to 6. 

Imagine the meltdown on here when the window ends with our having signed Soumare, Edouard, Bertrand & Cahill. And still no right winger!

The speculation does indeed get evermore bizarre, transferring players is extremely difficult at our level. I can see negotiations going well into August as everybody will be trying to get the last penny.

12 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

Yes its true, but it looks to me like spending will not be as low as people expected (Plenty of folks still made a shed load of cash during the pandemic), and that coupled with the fact FFP is officially on a hiatus, spending might in fact be rather high.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yes its true, but it looks to me like spending will not be as low as people expected (Plenty of folks still made a shed load of cash during the pandemic), and that coupled with the fact FFP is officially on a hiatus, spending might in fact be rather high.

Let's hope you're right. The trouble is I think most of us can see 6 squad positions that need strengthening. If we sign fewer than that then we are either taking a risk of another season being ruined by fatigue, burn out and injury, or relying heavily on unproven youngsters stepping up . 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Let's hope you're right. The trouble is I think most of us can see 6 squad positions that need strengthening. If we sign fewer than that then we are either taking a risk of another season being ruined by fatigue, burn out and injury, or relying heavily on unproven youngsters stepping up . 

Not sure we need 6, sure we (as needy fans) would love 6 if not a whole 2nd team of superstars, but not sure its a requirement assuming no key leave.

If we keep who we like, we need? (Back to front, not priority)

• CB, possibly experience a key requirement
  • LB, again possibly experience a key requirement and perhaps older to not block Luke's progression
  • RW/AM
  • CF (Possibly 2 for sucession planning)

So I suppose if you look for greater cover/flexibility to could say a RW and an AM, and that makes 6  lol

• Like 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Not sure we need 6, sure we (as needy fans) would love 6 if not a whole 2nd team of superstars, but not sure its a requirement assuming no key leave.

If we keep who we like, we need? (Back to front, not priority)

• CB, possibly experience a key requirement
  • LB, again possibly experience a key requirement and perhaps older to not block Luke's progression
  • RW/AM
  • CF (Possibly 2 for sucession planning)

So I suppose if you look for greater cover/flexibility to could say a RW and an AM, and that makes 6  lol

Add to your four Soumare and cover for/competition for Barnes and you have 6. It becomes 7 if you look at either a second striker or two players to cover RW/AM!

• Like 1

Just now, Steve Earle said:

Add to your four Soumare and cover for/competition for Barnes and you have 6. It becomes 7 if you look at either a second striker or two players to cover RW/AM!

In terms of who is currently in the house, we have potentially KDH (Who doesn`t feature in our theoretical overhaul) and Benkovic (Who does not provide the confidence in depth nor experience), is there anyone else who could come in, even as a deputy to cover any of the positions? Sowah maybe as the Barnes deputy?

Difficult to see us not either coming up short in some positions or selling a saleable asset