Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hollism

2021 Community Shield (vs Man City @ Wembley)

2 minutes ago, Mwiddy93 said:

Any update on when they’re releasing tickets? Surprised there’s no talk from the club so far.

Ridiculous really. Had a few weeks to plan for this or several scenarios. Suspect Brent Council are having a say in allocation numbers. 

The cynic in me also suspect the longer they leave it the less people they hope will attend. 

9 minutes ago, BlueBoy1 said:

Ridiculous really. Had a few weeks to plan for this or several scenarios. Suspect Brent Council are having a say in allocation numbers. 

The cynic in me also suspect the longer they leave it the less people they hope will attend. 

I expect a full capacity event. 

I wouldn’t be totally surprised though if there are some restrictions on the sale or drinking of alcohol in the area around the stadium. 

No one wants to see anything like a repeat of the Euro final. 

42 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Different occasion to a normal pre season game, most people haven’t been to a game for around 18 months, suppose we we get a better indication when they go on sale to members on Friday 

10 to 15k tops for Villarreal.

Man City have struggled to shift tickets for there last few Shields so they’ll be plenty of emptied regardless of any allocation 

Edit: 

No date confirmed for tickets according to them 

Edited by MattFox
More info

2 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

This is no different to the FA Cup correct me if I’m wrong but I think that was 2 weeks before. 

Only due to the current conditions around COVID, normally ticket details would be out weeks in advance, probably shortly after the semis are done. However, the FA Cup final was a test event and so needed careful planning by many parties.

Normally, the Community Shield tickets are out 4-5 weeks before the match, leaving just 2 weeks or less is not great. There is not much for them to agree on other than perhaps confirmed capacity and any security concerns. Maybe the EUROs have had an impact on planning for this. Either way, giving out some details as to what is going on would be nice (The FA to the two clubs and then to the fans from there).

27 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

This is no different to the FA Cup correct me if I’m wrong but I think that was 2 weeks before. 

It’s completely different

for the FA Cup it was a test event and was an exception to the current laws and restrictions at the time 

for the Community Shield there are no restrictions to adhere to

1 hour ago, jammie82uk said:

It’s completely different

for the FA Cup it was a test event and was an exception to the current laws and restrictions at the time 

for the Community Shield there are no restrictions to adhere to

They’ll be more to this than what we know about regarding capacity/rules etc. Should be out this week. Plenty of time. 

1 hour ago, dannythefox said:

They’ll be more to this than what we know about regarding capacity/rules etc. Should be out this week. Plenty of time. 

When you have to book an hotel and travel 6 weeks ago so you don’t get stung for silly prices, it would be nice to know what the arrangements are for the game 

58 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

When you have to book an hotel and travel 6 weeks ago so you don’t get stung for silly prices, it would be nice to know what the arrangements are for the game 

You know where it is and what time kick off is what more do you need to know? My trains been booked 3 week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dannythefox said:

I know l’ll get one, you must know if you’ll get one what points you on?

Am I missing something? What have been allocated?? Not everyone can rely on p1/2/3, some like my self are lower down the chain and not guaranteed a ticket, so booking travel would be a bit silly without getting the ticket.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

I know l’ll get one, you must know if you’ll get one what points you on?

I got a ticket for the Fa cup final so that’s not a issue but that’s very generous of you to offer to pay for it tho 

20 minutes ago, Kingleicester said:

Am I missing something? What have been allocated?? Not everyone can rely on p1/2/3, some like my self are lower down the chain and not guaranteed a ticket, so booking travel would be a bit silly without getting the ticket.

Booking. Com free cancellation on hotels. Train get insurance £2.50 full refund if you can’t go. Stop being so dramatic 😂 what points you on?