Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hollism

2021 Community Shield (vs Man City @ Wembley)

1 minute ago, Wrighty22 said:

Doesn't given much time does it. The final is the 11th July and this game is the 7th August, that's only 4 weeks to review the data and then come up with a plan.

They'll surely just tweak the plans for the final 

I was courious about why tickets weren't released yet, so I had a look on google. In 2019 when the last community shield was played with fans Man city only released the ticketing details (info here) on the 9th of July so I reckon we are still on a good time line. Plus the media is keep saying that the restrictions will lift soon so fingers crossed. 

7 hours ago, TheBluestFox said:

I was courious about why tickets weren't released yet, so I had a look on google. In 2019 when the last community shield was played with fans Man city only released the ticketing details (info here) on the 9th of July so I reckon we are still on a good time line. Plus the media is keep saying that the restrictions will lift soon so fingers crossed. 

All to do with the unknown of allowable capacity, I imagine we’ll hear in the next 2 weeks or so officially but will be full capacity based off todays announcement so 28k-30k each team.

1 hour ago, GlennyFox55 said:

All to do with the unknown of allowable capacity, I imagine we’ll hear in the next 2 weeks or so officially but will be full capacity based off todays announcement so 28k-30k each team.

Yeah no real reason now why the information can’t be released with full capacity now allowed

32 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Really? It’s only a month away thought train times was published 12 weeks in advance 

Some train services are reviewing the COVID situation weekly. Can’t blame them really. 

Take Norwich away - that weekend all train tickets are sold because Cross Country run some very zealous social distancing seating plan 

2 hours ago, Wrighty22 said:

Ausden Clark have this on their website.

https://supporterstravel.co.uk/fixture/manchester-city-cs/

I can’t see a price but interestingly it picks up from the Hobby Horse so very tempted by that.

Nothing about Covid nonsense either so is it back to normal ie no mask and no one person per seat etc like I heard it was for the fa cup albeit that was Fox travel.

I never knew we were playing QPR pre season either. :D

11 hours ago, promised land said:

I can’t see a price but interestingly it picks up from the Hobby Horse so very tempted by that.

Nothing about Covid nonsense either so is it back to normal ie no mask and no one person per seat etc like I heard it was for the fa cup albeit that was Fox travel.

I never knew we were playing QPR pre season either. :D

Well I think each company can make their own rules but it won't be enforced by law. So Ausden Clark may still say, wear a mask.

Just weighing up options for travel to Wembley and not been via coach for years!
The Ausden Clark looks like it will be a good option but how does the Fox travel differ from these please? Can you park at ground if you depart from there? 
Thanks ! 

Looking into the logistics of getting to this from Devon - never been to Wembley so looking for some advice. 

Best idea I’ve come up with is parking up at a station on the outskirts (Chorleywood or Hillingdon) and getting the train in to Wembley from there…

Anybody with any experience know whether that’s the best plan? Only worry is car parks at the stations being full as you can’t pre-book but there’d surely be something around? 

31 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Looking into the logistics of getting to this from Devon - never been to Wembley so looking for some advice. 

Best idea I’ve come up with is parking up at a station on the outskirts (Chorleywood or Hillingdon) and getting the train in to Wembley from there…

Anybody with any experience know whether that’s the best plan? Only worry is car parks at the stations being full as you can’t pre-book but there’d surely be something around? 

Chorleywood or Hillingdon should not be a problem, far enough away from Wembley so easy parking & neither station on a direct route for the majority of both sets of fans & you wont have the ballache of the slow moving traffic in the Brent area.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boots60 said:

Chorleywood or Hillingdon should not be a problem, far enough away from Wembley so easy parking & neither station on a direct route for the majority of both sets of fans & you wont have the ballache of the slow moving traffic in the Brent area.

Legend. Thanks mate!

11 hours ago, jet64 said:

Just weighing up options for travel to Wembley and not been via coach for years!
The Ausden Clark looks like it will be a good option but how does the Fox travel differ from these please? Can you park at ground if you depart from there? 
Thanks ! 

I don’t have any first hand experience with AC but I believe they depart from the pub at freeman’s common and you can park there? Don’t take my word for it.

The only other differences are that AC depart earlier and go direct, and fox travel will have a 45 minute stop at services ok the way down.

Anyone traveling from outside of Leicester national express run coaches for the Charity Shield, not the cheapest though! Used them for 2016, leaving from Burton. It was supposed to stop at a few more locations on the way but only stopped at Wembley. Ended up being ten of us on board going down and full on the way back 🙈. Leaving from Burton this time it stops at Coalville and Hinckley £33 return. Don’t remember it being that much last time, but I guess making up after the last 18months maybe. Will post the link if helps anyone out. Other locations available 

https://www.nationalexpress.com/en/events/community-shield

9 hours ago, Hollism said:

I don’t have any first hand experience with AC but I believe they depart from the pub at freeman’s common and you can park there? Don’t take my word for it.

The only other differences are that AC depart earlier and go direct, and fox travel will have a 45 minute stop at services ok the way down.

Ausden Clark generally very good. Few idiots on the coach moving seats for one game and being lairy but wasn't the coaches fault. Had lots of good journeys with them. Good price too

54 minutes ago, 09bballer said:

Ausden Clark generally very good. Few idiots on the coach moving seats for one game and being lairy but wasn't the coaches fault. Had lots of good journeys with them. Good price too

Always had a good experience with them. Used them when we went to Lille and couldn’t fault them, apart from the driving missing an exit on the motor and having to take another 45 mins to get to the stadium. 

11 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Wednesday are away at Charlton also with a late kick off. Train prices will have gone up no doubt from them snapping a good few up.

Already a nightmare - even from Birmingham. Can’t get q train to Norwich as it stands as all available seats are sold because Cross Country run their trains at 25% capacity and make no allowance to add extra carriages 

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Already a nightmare - even from Birmingham. Can’t get q train to Norwich as it stands as all available seats are sold because Cross Country run their trains at 25% capacity and make no allowance to add extra carriages 

Try going via london

59 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

So have they released the fecking details yet?

Nope should be soon now as it’s been fully confirmed July 19th is “freedom day” 

I am fully expecting the announcement Friday night with the tickets available Monday morning 

• Like 2