Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hollism

2021 Community Shield (vs Man City @ Wembley)

40 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

How many STHs we got, 23k? Being in the lowest priority I hope there's a couple of thousand that can't go in that case.

We didn't sell out last time. Went to general sale. I am fairly certain that any STH or member who wants to go, will get a chance.

3 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

We didn't sell out last time. Went to general sale. I am fairly certain that any STH or member who wants to go, will get a chance.

I think I'll be ok, hopefully.

1 minute ago, SemperEadem said:

A few of our lot already said they won’t bother with this now. 

Tell them thank you from me personally!:D

Having been to England’s last two games at Wembley, I really advise not going if capacity is >40K.  
Almost everyone I know who went has got Covid, must be in the 1000s that got it in total.  Me and my brother were both double jabbed and still got it, symptoms definitely not mild.  
If you do go, keep the mask on…

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ratters said:

Having been to England’s last two games at Wembley, I really advise not going if capacity is >40K.  
Almost everyone I know who went has got Covid, must be in the 1000s that got it in total.  Me and my brother were both double jabbed and still got it, symptoms definitely not mild.  

Seriously? That doesn’t sound good. However,  I went to the semi final and as far as I know have been fine. Suppose it Just depends on experience. Can’t see why this would be any less than the euro final. There definitely won’t be fans charging the stadium or finding a secret door into Wembley. Seriously think this could be max capacity. It’s an easy chance for the fa and government to experiment with. Demand won’t be high. 

4 hours ago, ratters said:

I know quite a few lads who went the final and they've all got it. I can see why cases are 50k+ atm.

2 hours ago, Blue717 said:

Seriously? That doesn’t sound good. However,  I went to the semi final and as far as I know have been fine. Suppose it Just depends on experience. Can’t see why this would be any less than the euro final. There definitely won’t be fans charging the stadium or finding a secret door into Wembley. Seriously think this could be max capacity. It’s an easy chance for the fa and government to experiment with. Demand won’t be high. 

There’s a few articles on it 

https://inews.co.uk/news/wembley-variant-covid-cases-england-fans-euro-2020-final-1107370

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/surge-covid-cases-among-english-24546468

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-9784013/Fans-deride-checks-Wembley-Wimbledon-Boris-Johnson-urges-use-Covid-Passports.html

Worth remembering that all of the current events are part of, what is essentially, an experiment and anyone who attends is a part of an experiment - an experiment that seems to be failing pretty spectacularly at the moment given the feedback from Wembley and Wimbledon i.e. no effective test check and no cross-checking test to identity.  Not to mention faked tests and ticketless fans.  

I’m an STH and was looking forward to the Community Shield but have my doubts having seen the outcome of the latest events.  And I would go straight to the stadium and out again i.e. no pissed up mixing beforehand - lord alone knows what that level of mixing contributed to the infections!

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/information-on-the-events-research-programme/information-on-the-events-research-programme

15 hours ago, ratters said:

That sounds pretty bad. How many of the people you know travelled on public transport or went to the pub or to get something to eat pre/post game?

28 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

That sounds pretty bad. How many of the people you know travelled on public transport or went to the pub or to get something to eat pre/post game?

The risks I see are generally no one wearing masks, tube and queuing outside/inside the stadium.  We failed on all these for the semi which is where I think we caught Covid.

I would drive or get the less busy train to Wembley from Marylebone avoiding Wembley Way.  OK to have a few cans outside, plenty of space in the market place area.  Then get in the ground early to minimise queue risks.

Also, I think the vaccine is less effective as you run the risk of getting a huge viral load if you are near an infected person for a long period of time.  

A problem with Delta variant is that early symptoms are like a cold or hay fever so I’m sure there were a lot of infected people there.  

Edited by ratters

13 minutes ago, ratters said:

The risks I see are generally no one wearing masks, tube and queuing outside/inside the stadium.  We failed on all these for the semi which is where I think we caught Covid.

I would drive or get the less busy train to Wembley from Marylebone avoiding Wembley Way.  OK to have a few cans outside, plenty of space in the market place area.  Then get in the ground early to minimise queue risks.

Also, I think the vaccine is less effective as you run the risk of getting a huge viral load if you are near an infected person for a long period of time.  

A problem with Delta variant is that early symptoms are like a cold or hay fever so I’m sure there were a lot of infected people there.  

Thanks for that detail, it’s helpful.

I’m not planning on going Wembley yet, but itching to get to the KP with my kid for his first game. I’m double vaxxed, and although my boy is young enough for fatality to not be likely, I worry more about him getting long covid so still trying to make a judgement call. I’d be a lot more comfortable if masks were enforced until ticket holders found their seats.

Edited by phoneticerror

5 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

Thanks for that detail, it’s helpful.

I’m not planning on going Wembley yet, but itching to get to the KP with my kid for his first game. I’m double vaxxed, and although my boy is young enough for fatality to not be likely, I worry more about him getting long covid so still trying to make a judgement call. I’d be a lot more comfortable if masks were enforced until ticket holders found their seats.

COVID isn't going anywhere, if you're worried about your lad catching it now then imagine what it's gonna be like when he's in school etc.

6 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Game is 3 weeks today and we have absolutely no idea of what's going on, almost as bad as the FA Cup Final, shambles.

Have patience. The club are still trying to organise the 'mandatory' coach travel. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Given that there are no legal restrictions on what Wembley can do, this is all the FA's/Brent Council's doing. We'll get two weeks of notice and it won't be full. Crap. 

Club will probably tell porkies again about the ticketing/travel to boot. :ph34r:

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba

The chance of Boris doing a U Turn was quite high, so I’d understand there being some reticence to selling all those tickets if there was a chance they’d have to refund people further down the line. Now 19th July is here and it’s actually happened, I’d imagine we’ll hear in the next couple of days.